"TOWARD" THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: "TOWARD" THURSDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:02 pm

scratching a 4-hour block off my schedule for today. DS8 is outside playing with friends and doesn't want to stop to go roller skating. That is perfectly fine with me. I prefer him playing in the sunshine instead of being indoors. AND I get to stay home! Win-Win!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:13 pm

I'm on iPad. I had a nice nap but woke up without much motivation. We have dinner company tomorrow night and I should get some things done. I hate it that I left early and have been out most of the day.

Dh is having a client meeting this evening.

-get brisket into the oven to cook for dinner tomorrow night
-move whites in laundry over
-return a DPC
-make the bed :lol:
-clear kitchen and breakfast bar counters
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Posting from phone
Dh came in while I started my previous post and needed help when with paperwork,so I just hit submit.

Anyway 4 of my 5 sons are now out of the house. And I feel a bit down about it but know this will pass. And J took his dog with him too so another one gone. Even dbrother remarked that the house was quiet.
Wedding is April 24 and I really like the girl so it is all good. This season of life takes awhile to get used to.

Dear son N and wife are due any day with baby Jason. The baby has a cyst on his brain which is causing some concerns. It is not unusual to have a cyst on the baby's brain but doctors say they are normally gone by this time in pregnancy but this cyst has grown larger. The doctor wants ddil to deliver at larger hospital because more resources for baby if there is a problem. Praying he is healthy and ok.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:13 pm

Good evening!

Dh and I had our usual morning routine and just before lunchtime we went out to the blood lab for his test. We ate lunch when we came home again and finished cleaning up in the kitchen. I decided to get a head start on weekly cleaning, so emptied the trash from the small cans and got fresh sheets on the bed. I took the extra blanket off and will wash that and put it away. We haven't had any chilly weather here for a few weeks and I've been kicking the covers off during the night.

Harriet, I thought mildew on bathmats would be black. Maybe the pink is bacteria? I know you'll enjoy your family time this weekend!

Nancy, our Sewing w/Nancy program here today was on Hobo Totes. They look easy to do.

Nice to see you today, Sadie. Yes, it does take a while to get used to empty house. (((BabyJ)))

Well, I'm going to make a cup of tea and visit with dh while we watch a hockey game.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:32 pm

You know we'll all be praying for (((baby J))), Sadie.

I just finished putting in the figures for our taxes. Why oh why have I procrastinated? It took me less than 10 minutes. Now have to send an email to our tax man to make sure he's still 'at it'. I'd do them myself but I'm just a tad afraid I'd goof up on one or two parts. Just not sure at this point. I think tax man has been doing something over a bunch of years and I'm just not sure about it. Have to look at last year's first I guess. Something that so much of it is given to each year.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Dinner is done and I've cleaned up the dishes. Am having tea and too much chocolate while trying to decide my next move. I'm either going to wash my hair so I don't have to tomorrow morning or start in on the sermon again. I worked on it a bit while on the treadmill. Still not sure where I'm going with it.

I also have to lay out some food for tomorrow. Thankfully I remembered I'll need a lunch for the field trip in time to get a banana from the tuck shop. That means I can have a PB&Banana sandwich, some carrot sticks, and I have a 100 calorie pack of chips. Not the best modeling of food for NF11 but better than buying something there (which is an option.) I do hope to buy her a beavertail. I might also bring some yogurt and fruit as a healthy snack. Oh, and I have cheese and crackers so will bring those instead of the chips.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 pm

Sunny, that's interesting. I was going by the A-River comments about this bathmat and others similar. They are using the word "mildew" and showing pink stains. Each of them also says it's only on this mat. Other places I see that if it is slimy, it's bacteria but if it's not it's the rubber of the mat breaking down! ?? It's not around suction cups, where you would think moisture might accumulate but on the flat side. I think I need to toss this thing.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:44 pm

Ds was able to install (is that the right word?) dd18's new phone screen at a $70 savings by doing it himself. We just ordered from A-River for $30 and took care of the children a while and he managed it. Ver izon wanted $100. It did seem very tedious.

Funny - I gave BabyC (22 months) a set of 6 socks with cute designs for Valentine's Day. Ddil says every morning it's a battle of wills to get her to put on socks. Then they arrive at her big brother's pre-K, where she realizes all the children have socks, and she is suddenly crying for socks. So ddil told her that Grandma gave her special "car socks" and has started parceling them out morning by morning from the glove box with no battles.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:47 pm

I have seen the show on ths hobo totes Sunny! Harriet I 2nd tossing that bath matt. We had dinner we had soup & shared a chicken pot pie I rinsed the dishes. Ddog is better now. Addded color to some of my art that was fun. We've had rain a road is washed out need to figure out where that county is. It is quite a ways from us.

Harriet I love that "car sox".

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:39 am

This morning I got on here, around 6:30-7:00 and there were 11 guests and me. I didn't have time to open the thread, but was surprised to see so many guests. I would like to extend a warm welcome to any guest who wants to come out of lurking and join us, we are always happy to have new members. I lurked for many years and I have never regretted joining.

Sadie, I had been wondering about you, so I am glad you are posting. You answered a question before I asked, I was wondering how many of your dsons had left home. Praying for baby Jason.

Harriet, hooray for your ds being able to fix the phone for a more reasonable price.

Dh has the frame cut and sanded for the bathroom mirror and has the first coat of paint on it. He said he will order the mirror tomorrow and have it delivered next week.

Our weather is suppose to be in the high 60's until next weekend and then it will get cold again. We need moisture of some kind but aren't getting any.

Return to “Post When You Can”