"TOWARD" THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

"TOWARD" THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:11 am

Is there something you're working "toward" or are you just heading "toward"? No matter what, hopefully we can each head "toward" some goal today. My 'goal' this morning is to go put some cash in our checking account (to cover the down payment on dh's hearing aids.) And I also need to look at W mart to see if I can find a particular kind of calendar book for dh. He needs one with the calendar page itself and then a page for each day (so he can write down every 'job' he does during the pay week.) Says he's going to approach the dcampowner for a raise again. He hates giving out raises but it's been 3 years since the last one and dh is worth way more than he gets paid. Glad I'm not going to be there.

Just finishing my coffee and then I'm outta here......

Dh went to work with dd this morning. They're going from there later this afternoon to the Solar Bears hockey game. In fact dh just texted me to see how I'm doing. He really hated leaving me alone. But maybe I can get some things done that are harder when I have people around. :? I've made a l&&t of things I really need to get done. Waiting on doctor offices for most of it. Have two sets of papers to fill out (one for cardiologist up home and one is another survey for our health insurer.)

Time to get myself going I guess.................off I go...................
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: "TOWARD" THURSDAY

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

I am working toward the goal of a quilt top by doing a few blocks every day.
Also the table needs decluttered.
Sewing counter needs attn.
Finished a puppet.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:24 am

I've just settled in at a Tim Horton's with tea and a muffin. My right leg is incredibly stiff, not sure why. Climbing a snowbank yesterday I put a foot down in a strange position which I felt in my knee but didn't have any pain. That's the only thing I can think of doing (oh and the stairs during the fire alarm) that might cause problems. Bet it was the stairs because this is definitely muscular more than joint although I took joint pain meds in the night.

I made it to dd's just before 9 (right on time in other words) but she wasn't ready so we were a bit late for dgs' appointment at the hospital. This is a group session for babies who were squished during pregnancy. In his case the face is still out of kilter but not near as bad as it was and I don't notice it at all because it gives him character. As well, his neck is weaker because it got no movement in the womb but that is improving. I haven't seen him for 13 days and noticed a difference both in his size and also with his neck control - it is more deliberate now. As well, he's signing the word lights when he sees one and fixates on it.

He was all smiles for me which was lovely and we had a bit of a cuddle and then I changed his outfit, we did some tummy time (huge improvement) and then headed off. He was to be awake for the appointment and fed. Dd forgot to feed him, took the wrong sort of blanket and he fell asleep in the car. Poor dd, she gets frustrated at trying to get off for anything.

While avoiding hitting a car that was trying to exit from the dedicated entrance, I missed a sign hidden in a snowbank but we recovered and I dropped them at the front door of the hospital almost on time. The group class didn't start until 10 so she actually was on time and will have time to feed him.

I'm going to use this time to work on my sermon.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:28 am

Where is everybody? Good morning DeeClutter and Kathryn and all who follow. Last night, I did order a new radio and reminded DD15's guitar teacher she is out of town this weekend. Then, I got onto the computer jigsaw puzzles. Not a good idea, but I did stop in time to get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out, which will probably be homework. I am moving toward taxes and having a usable sewing room.

At payroll, I need to finish the no show report and update some other reports. There was a database bug that I had worked around. Now the bug is fixed and the workarounds need to be removed. Then, there is a a long list of other report work. Good thing I like doing reports!

Tonight's top 5 in priority order:
  1. Cookbook items
  2. Remaining 4 thank you notes
  3. Stuff for financial advisor
  4. Download some tax documents
  5. Download some crochet flower patterns (not extremely high priority, but takes so little time I put it in the list

Depending on time available, it would be good to pack another sewing room box (short project) OR start the shore excursion research (longer project). Of course, all the usual daily stuff needs to be done.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 am

Also the table needs decluttered.
Have that goal on my l&&t too, Nancy. There's boxes in that hallway and 1 by the hearth that need to go to the garage but not sure I'm really going to tackle that while no one is here. The steps leading to the garage are 'strange' and I sure don't want to fall carrying something. May try tossing them out the door and go stack them later in the day when someone is around. That sounds a little more sensible. The steps around this house are 'crazy'. The front porch has 3 steps -first one is about 2", the 2ne is about 3" and the last one up is more like 10" or 11". Then there's a step up about 4" into the laundry room, another step up -same thing- into dd/dsonil's bedroom, then the crazy garage steps. Think someone was somewhat drunk when they designed these.

I'm hearing that ds-A and family might drive their motorhome down in April. They're really craving some D isney time and want to take one more family vacation (if they can swing it) before the two older dgks are off to college. Understand they may have changed their minds about where they're going. DGS17 got an early acceptance to UNC at Charlotte but he has enough scholarships to cover nearly everything at Alfred University which is along the NY/PA border. DSGD17 has about a full ride to Nazareth University the other side of Rochester. She had thought about going to Geneseo which is a NY State University but it would mean commuting and not the scholarships.

Okay....it's off to errands I go. Later everyone...........Here's hoping you can work 'toward' something today. See Nancy is well on her way on that one in quilt squares. YGG.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Elizabeth, your dd is 15? I think I missed it; she is growing up like all our board "nieces and nephews."

I got out early and got to the grocery, since I didn't go yesterday. I'm getting body work at 11:30, then will be off to pick up meals and visit dmom and dbro. There, I feel like I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop - something to happen to change everything.

Yesterday I went down the rabbit hole but I'm doing and thinking things to move me toward organizing myself to work on the portfolio. I started using an online research log yesterday that I can use to record results of searches. Until yesterday I hadn't realized that there were only three young women in the target county with the last name "Wilson" for the census year I was searching. Two were from the family that I've identified already, and the other was married to someone else.

I also had a therapy appt yesterday.

I've done parts of a.m. routine, at least.

Missing "talking" to everyone here!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Good morning, villagers ~
Thank you all for well wishes. I'm still less than 100% today but I'm storing up energy to be able to go do my normal Thursday shift at the library.

I didn't make it out into the sunshine yesterday afternoon. By the time I took a long nap, cooked and ate lunch, got dressed and put on shoes -- all in snail mode -- the sun was gone behind clouds again. I had no energy to cook supper last night but luckily DH doesn't mind beef stew from a can once in a while.

We are supposed to get up near 50F today, woohoo!

I've been doing desk work this morning, slowly. Almost ready for a nap since I had a lot of coughing spells during the night and am short of sleep.

After nap I will fix my lunch and start working toward getting s2s and out the door early enough to stop at the dollar store before work. I need cough drops to get through the evening, and maybe some nighttime cold medicine to knock me out at bedtime.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi everyone.

((BookSaver))
I think Cathy feels under the weather, too. Hope Ramblin' is feeling better on her trip.

I admit to jealousy of Nancy's activities, also Twins' being able to go down her chosen rabbit hole. All my favorite rabbit holes are overgrown and suffering from neglect.

"Toward" tomorrow for me ... my six-person houseguest family arrives then.

Should have been able to spend yesterday on prep, but had to spend a lot of time on statistical report :( , which nearly fried my brain. I was determined to do it on deadline - even with the short notice I'd been given. I don't want it hanging over my head for the weekend and REALLY don't want anyone to think I wasn't a team player on my part in the relay of the thing. Before 5 it was off in email again. Whether anybody else rushes to complete their part in time is not my problem.

So today seems rushed. One TaDa is that I scrubbed our (interior) white suction bathmat, which had streaks of pink coming up on the pretty side despite being "anti-bacterial". That's bad, isn't it? :?: That's mildew, is that right? Does anyone know? No other mildew around tub. I'm thinking I will have to replace. I'm wondering if it is because I dry it outside when I clean it, so maybe it gets some different spore or something - I thought the sunshine was smart but maybe not. Or maybe they just eventually start getting mildew no matter if they are "anti-bacterial"?

I need to vacuum. Also an additional laundry load will help.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:49 pm

Well I have not felt that well today did not get to those things. I have a twig of forthsyia sp? Blooming in the window so I am wondering if it is pollon bothering me. Saw door knockers across the street but they did not do our side yea. At least it was day time and the brief case helped identify em.

I enjoyed the Sewing w Nancy show today it was on wraps I paid really close attn. Bc I am wondering if I could do that with hand spun! :mrgreen:

I worked on the table and made some progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Going to try and come here more often and get back to posting too.

I'm working toward reclaiming my house, it has really gotten away from me. Plus we are refinancing our home and need to get it appraised. And having things looking good wouldn't hurt.

So for me it's back to basics. Working on getting all dailies done which hasn't happened in a while.

New grand baby is due any day!!!

Will write more of what I've been up to in a later post.

Great day to all!

Return to “Post When You Can”