"TOWARD" THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: "TOWARD" THURSDAY

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi, Sadie! I remember we were wondering if some tough weather hit near you not long ago. Yes, please come hang out with us often.

I have deep-cleaned through all the dining area, living area and half the kitchen. Fridge reclaimed and ready for a shopping trip at the weekend. (science experiments this time : 2 :oops: ) Extra laundry in the dryer now. BIG declutter went through to filing, even, and surfaces all through the front of the house are clear. Vacuum cylinder-thingie taken outside and cleaned out.

Sweet potato lunch was good.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Good to see you, Sadie!

I'm back from store and bank runs. Just ate a salad lunch. Now I'll read & rest for a while. As the doctor said Tuesday, "listen to your body". Mine is saying it's worn out from today's outings. Still recuperating it says.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Time to take a break for awhile and then head out to work at WM.

DSon J has moved out, he is getting married in April.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm missing a post so it is likely sitting on my other computer. Or I messed up and a moderator cleaned up around me.

I'm on the treadmill at the moment.

Got some sermon writing done but responded to dd's text as soon as it came in and picked her up. We had an errand to run which we did and I fun pushing dgs through the store make wild turns to amuse him. If I stopped to look at anything he fussed.

We got him into the car and then he 'lost it.' Dd was upset because she's been so off schedule today and it was 1:15 and the poor dear had only been fed once (except for comfort nursing) since 7 a.m. He was starving. It was only 10 minutes to their neighbourhood and we went out to Subway so I could order and bring her food quickly and she could start feeding him immediately.

After we went to her home for a dessert, she nursed him again and he went down for a nap. She does a 'baby burrito' wrap of him in a receiving blanket before nursing and when he falls asleep she just lays him on the floor. He looks really funny all wrapped up but it keeps him from startling himself awake. I left almost immediately so she could have some quiet time to herself.

That meant the drive home was just before rush hour (woot!) and I got home to find dh watching Episode 1 (Star Wars) because apparently that's the only one of the series we have only in VHS and with dd's player here he decided to watch it. I have ear plugs in so I don't have to listen to it and decided to try the treadmill to get my leg 'worked out' a bit. I'll be on my feet all day tomorrow and not sure I can do it if I feel this way.

Sermon is about 1/3 written. Will get back to that while also walking slowly on the treadmill. The pain isn't any higher than when I'm sitting so I may as well be moving.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Home again for me. I may do a little nap!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:51 pm

I got three blocks done and worked a bit on the counter and a diff. project I did not get to last fall in my sewing hour. :mrgreen: Then the sun came out & walk with the ddog, I too needed to work out some kinks.

I inked some art I am doing in a planner for practice some cartoons.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Putting my feet up for 30 minutes before I start on the 3rd part of today.

1st part - homeschooling
2nd part - Public school - lunch, recess, speech therapy & volunteering
3rd part - Roller Skating rink for 3 hours plus and hour of driving time.

After getting a referral from the pediatrician and then being on the waiting list for FIVE MONTHS we finally got a call that a slot has opened up for DS8 to work with a speech pathologist. He starts next Thursday. I asked if there was any other time other than Thursday and was told that was the only slot available. If I wanted another day we would need to go back on the waiting list. No Thank you. I will take it. Unfortunately, the timing stinks because DS8 works with school speech pathologist on Thursday 12:15 - 1:00. Then we will have to immediately leave from that session to go to the other speech pathologist appointment. DS8 lips, tongue and mouth muscles are tired after the first session. I just don't think it is a good idea to have back to back speech therapy sessions. I am hoping once we "get our foot in the door" with the new speech therapy center that DS8 appointment time can be switched. Or the school speech therapist can move DS8 to another slot. Surely, it will work out somehow.

It is crazy how hard it is to get an appointment. The lady from speech center told me that insurance sometimes doesn't pay so they want me to pay up front ($180) for each visit. I don't know for sure yet but I have been told they will do weekly or bi-weekly sessions. Our insurance has covered everything else so I am fairly sure they will cover speech therapy. Apparently, because this speech center is the "only game in town" and have all the cards they can make these rules. Pay up front or go back on the waiting list. That makes me angry. We can and will pay for DS8 to get this speech therapy but not everyone can. If you can't pay then ....so sorry charlie you are out of luck????? Argggghhhh. I know life isn't fair but IMHO that just stinks. >>>>climbing down off my soap box<<<<<
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Here's what I meant to post earlier:

Also the table needs decluttered.

I could probably have a stamp engraved with that to save me time adding it to my to-do list in my bullet journal!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:18 pm

I did two miles on the treadmill and then a round of knee physio because that stretches out the legs muscles. I felt better after that although it hurts like heck while I do it. Maybe it is just the stopping hurting like heck that makes me think I feel better!

Dinner is in the oven and almost ready. We had a major snack when we started dinner.

I should get downstairs before the store closes and pick up a drink for tomorrow.

I also have to pick up the mail.

*poof*

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:48 pm

Well, I didn't clean up anything here in the village, Kathryn. I have gotten more done around here and that whole nap thing
Twins' Mom was talking about is starting to sound good.

Extra laundry folded and put away
cleaned the hall and stairs
almost finished in the kitchen
started on bedroom

Fielded a call from dd18 who has found out that her dorm room for next year is a corner room on a middle floor away from the stairwell. So she's very pleased. She had to pick one of the only two rooms left within just a few minutes of online time at the sophomore "moment" or lose her chance at a single, and there were no hints about where the rooms would be. So this is a relief.

Return to “Post When You Can”