Appreciating Friday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Appreciating Friday!

Postby helia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:58 pm

It's a gorgeous day here too. And I'm frittering away my afternoon. I'm tired since I went to bed too late after the movie last night. Besides, it's Friday so it feels like the weekend is almost here, and I should be winding down to relax. I did get the blue car washed and gassed. Now, dd21 is borrowing it.

Happy news here yesterday and today. Yesterday, I learned that my dnephew27 in the UK is engaged! This will be the 2nd marriage among the grandchildren on dh's side. Dniece 27 is the first to get married -- this September. This afternoon, I got an email that dfriend J from our small group just had baby #4 this morning. They're on sabbatical in Calif. so I won't get to see the baby until they return in late April. They'll be staying at our house for a few days when they first return, so I'll get to see the baby a lot!

I should do as Kathryn is doing and go for a walk. However, I'm sorely tempted to do as Twins did and take a power nap instead. Or maybe first.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 pm

I put some of our pictures back up - not a great job but I need to get a photo of dh's great grandparents enlarged and framed, and find some other photos, so I hope the arrangement is temporary anyway.

I need to finish clearing the kitchen table - I already shaped the challah to rise.

-finish up with kitchen table
-pupa in MBR
-clear kitchen counters again
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Took dh up to meet dd at her school. They were going from there to the hockey game in Orlando. DD has another one Sunday afternoon. Think dh will go with her then as well. I'm not up to sitting through one -not yet. BTW, Kathryn. DD has tickets for her and dh to a Tampa Bay Lightening game vs Ottawa on the 27th I think. She earned them through some program at school. Dh went to school with her yesterday and wonders how dd even gets home some nights. She's got about 8 students who are incorrigible! One told her yesterday not to ask him to do any work cause he's not doing any! She decided last night to write up a contract for him to date and sign which she will send to his parents. Stating that he won't do any work and for her not to be held responsible for the grade (or non as the case is) he will receive. A couple of her 'bad' students have been expelled for other reasons.

Just came back from my third walk of the day. Think I'm about at 7,000. Trying for that magical 8,000. Someday that number will be 10! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Had to come back to see what I had posted this morning as my 5x5. Did the first 3 (desk work, nap, dollar store for cold meds) but skipped the other 2. I decided the deposit was not urgent enough to take my germs into the bank.

I was in the sunny yard for about 3 minutes and started coughing again. The neighbors are just going to have to deal with looking at our messy yard for another day until after I get off work tomorrow.

I have ground beef cooking in the cast iron skillet, even though I have no appetite. Homemade hamburger helper goulash is easy to make, though, and DH likes it.

My plans for after supper are reading, watching a couple episodes of Father Brown and Midsomer Murders, and knitting.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I appreciate sooo many things in my life. I am posting on phone bc it's college baseball/softball season which means dh keeps computer tied up all the time... but, I appreciate
-- having a dh who loves me
-- ds, ddil, and these two amazing dgrands
-- having a mother I can finally TALK to again
-- having a clean (reasonably clean) house
* YES! FINALLY finished WHB vacuuming, and it only took the ENTIRE week
-- good things that may be happening for ddil
-- two of dh's friends who called to check on him after yesterday's doctor appt
-- all of you who are such wonderful listeners and can offer such wisdom and perspective on things when I start spinning out of control
:)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Off to a meeting in a few minutes. A friend in the building will come with me. This is about the fire alarms.

Had a nice walk. Ran into 3 different neighbours while walking. That's one of the things I appreciate about my life, knowing so many neighbours and enjoying chatting with them.

Dinner was burger and fries. The kitchen is mostly cleaned up. Just waiting for the deep fryer to finish draining.

Didn't work on the sermon so will do that when I get home. Am taking tea to the meeting to keep me awake. At least the children's time is finished. Found a key to unlock the passage for the children.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Payroll is done. We walked, watched the end of a movie. I raked the center part next section. Of the back yard. 55* & sunny out a lovely day. I did some drawing, but no sewing. I cut & punched some pages for more art in a planner.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:39 pm

Meeting is over. Good turnout, about 30. Including someone from the French Newspaper.

The residents there mostly want cameras. I don't. They are a capital expense and will be difficult (read noisy) to install. So I will pay for them through a rent increase plus with the noise for weeks on end. Lobbying for them just gives the management a chance to appear to do something without actually having to pay for it themselves, as opposed to putting dye in each pull station, total cost $200, or increasing the number of security patrols.

OK, now to get to work.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:28 pm

Once again, the SHE boards have proved valuable as a journal. At the meeting no-one remembered 1) when the alarms started and 2) how many we'd had.

I just searched my posts for the words fire alarm and presto-magico, I had the posts I wrote talking about them and from that could recreate the dates. The Residents' Association Facebook group gave me a few more details, such as the floor on which each was pulled. So now I have a complete record. Of course the office has this but won't share info like that.

The amount of misinformation tonight was amazing.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 am

Off to bed now. Spent the last 45 minutes surfing. Must remember to change my time log.

Sermon is finished but I want to read it again in the morning to make sure I don't want to add anything. Then I'll paste the sermon into the service and print it off.

Given that tonight is the night of fire alarm meeting and everyone got a notice of it, I'm willing to bet their will be an alarm tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”