Wonderful Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wonderful Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Settling into the hotel now. It is nice enough that I've already made a reservation for next time. It has just reopened after a year long renovation and I want to book as much as possible on the introductory special.

Especially nice for us is that it has a good sized tv and a fireplace. Our plan was to settle in and watch a hockey game tonight so that will be a nice thing to have.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:50 pm

I am really late coming here today. Went shopping with dd to K ohl's and then to B eall's. She bought a couple of birthday gifts for dgks up north. I bought a badly needed pair of walking sneakers and 2 tops. I came home exhausted. We watched "Finding Dory" and I snoozed through about all of it. Not sure why I'm so very tired today. I had the best night's sleep I'd had in F O R E V E R! In fact I fell asleep not terribly long before dh and dd got home from the hockey game. I never heard a thing. And then dh said his fire alarm went off around 1. Never heard that either. AND I slept through until shortly after 5. So out of character all the night through.

DD is making "low country boil" for dinner in foil packets. Yum, yum.

We had some serious rain this afternoon. Hope it hit where all the bad fires are burning not terribly far from us.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Mmmm... low country boil. You should put that recipe in the recipe thread, Dee.

I've been shopping too. Got dmom's bday gift -- and so happy! They were able to use my $20 bonus bucks, even though they were past the exp date!

Picked up C linique items they have been holding for dmom a month, apparently. Sigh. That's how she rolls....

Got cash for dbil's bday, made plans to go out and eat with him tomorrow night.

Bank, dollar store, phone calls to/from dmom, ddil... brought home supper for dh -- I ate at C hick Fil A.
I think I might ask for CFA if I had to request my last meal, LOL.

Good day.

DDIL said her dad, ds, and dgs were fishing and she and her mom and dgd had gone thrift store shopping. She was calling to tell me to look at the coat dgd had found for herself! :) She was texting pictures.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Back from supper. You won't believe the amount of cheese on those pizzas, it is excessive. I had 30% of the pizza for my dinner and will have my remaining 20% another day. In the meantime the leftover pizza is in the car to keep cold. This time dh was able to resist and only have 30% as well. But he also had the majority of the rings.

The total walk was 3 miles but it was quite the slog for 1/3 of it (slippery slush and wet) so I'm exhausted. I'm at 10,800 steps now so need under 11,750 tomorrow but will likely not get it. No big walks are planned and that is 1K more than today so obviously a big number.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Wow what a day we took loads to eco, then a dog was roaming the street I got it took a photo of it put it on the lost & found pet group. I walked it around the block to see if it would go home but hubby said it beat me back home.
It was trying to get the chickens so I put them in the coop. Let my dog out to play. Caught the dog again caged it to keep my hens safe while the pet org. Came got him, they said he has a chip. It wore my dog out playing.

We have had dinner soup & meat pie shared again. Very productive day but it is raining out now. We are not done with that bush yet. :roll: rest will need to wait.

Got the leaves raked.

Return to “Post When You Can”