SUNDAY SHAPEUP

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: SUNDAY SHAPEUP

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:20 pm

I actually did not go to church today.

Dd18 went alone to rehearsal and to service, and with our bass singer present it was just the two of them leading. I even stayed home at the moment I'd normally be getting the offering, and dd did it. She was respectful to the fellow who would be my back-up if I were to get sick or whatever, and told him what she was doing, and he did go over and have a conversation with her while she was gathering up the offering. So that worked out fine.

HRH was a short-order cook this a.m. and there was way too much food, as if you were at Waffle House. I don't know what he was thinking, really. Way too much.
Yesterday we had gone out to the Mexican restaurant with dstepson and that was fun. The boys were happy.

Last evening, I convinced them all to try my new favorite brown and wild rice multi-blend (Jubilee by Lundberg) and they all cleaned their plates, so I'm so glad I could give them something they liked.

Both older boys said they would gladly stay here with us rather than head home - that was sweet. Their Mom said someday.

I napped for hours this afternoon.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm

I am glad you took a nice long nap today d harriet... you must have needed it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Walked the dog. Working on heal with the dog. Time for some sketching. Did that and inked them.

Poured boiling water down the drain to kill mold hoping it helps my sinus issues!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:23 pm

My music friend called and we talked for 2 hours. Now I'm off to bed.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:06 am

Glad you had a nice, if exhausting, :D visit w/dd and family, Harriet! I'm glad your dd was so capable and able to step in for you. Everyone needs a break now and then!

Hope that 2 hour conversation w/your MF wasn't unpleasant, Kathryn. Sleep well!
Oh -- LOL about the Ottawa connection to Mike Fisher. Yes, I can totally understand your feelings. I always watch for him b/c of the Carrie Underwood connection. I've always liked her.

Hope the dog training is going well, Nancy.

LadyM, it IS pretty scary to watch dh struggling to get his breath. As we said tonight, a trip to Wmart should NOT classify as strenuous exercise. I'm calling the doctor back tomorrow, but I know we're running out of options b/c -- as I've complained before -- this is the third rx he's had, and they ALL have caused the same symptoms. * Except the first one caused the additional problem of feeling panicky & claustophobic.
* sheesh *
DH is just so frustrated with the whole thing, but he wants to do all he can to get it under control b/c they scared with the heightened "Stroke Risk" that accompanies A-fib. After watching his ddad be bedridden for most of 6 years, that possibility totally terrifies him. Of course, it would me, too.
It DOES me, b/c I am NOT a good nurse/caretaker.
Thanks for the link about the oxygen monitor. I don't know if he'd feel better with that or not. I can imagine him saying, "I don't need THAT, I KNOW I'm not getting enough oxygen b/c I CAN'T BREATHE!" (shaking my head... but y'all "know" him well enough by now to know what I'm up against.)
Dbil reminded him of an air purifier he used as a child with asthma, and I looked at those in Wmart tonight, but he didn't feel like walking across the store himself to see them.

Family Day in Toronto, Cathy? Tell us more. Are schools out and everything? That sounds neat.

I know I've been complaining a lot lately and whining about all that's going on w/dh and dgs and ddil's job and EVERYTHING, but honestly, I am managing pretty well... trying to keep dh & ddil calm about the crazy stuff they are dealing with... got all my Sunday chores done, helped dh unload the dishwasher and take the trash out, Wmart, dbil,
...and now I am very much looking forward to my next two hours. If that DVR worked properly, I have an episode of Victoria to watch PLUS the season premier of Big Little Lies. I cannot wait! I am going to walk away the pounds for 15 minutes and then relax and indulge in some tv time! :D

Hope you all have a good night!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:34 am

I have been doing heel training with the dog with food the dog loves this part of her training, and she will lay down on command now as well. :mrgreen: saw on lucky dog that he was training one to stand and down as well. So we are working on it. After the roaming dog here it is great to see how well it showed the work we have done in comparison.

Return to “Post When You Can”