Tuesday Trends

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Tuesday Trends

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:16 am

It's the trend that counts!

What's trending at your household?
How can you start a trend you like in your life?
Is there a trend that really needs to fizzle out and become passé? :| soon?

Be a trend-setter today!

Lynlee

Re: Tuesday Trends

Postby Lynlee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

I wait for the day to start in US to post, then the day that was here in no way seems to gel with the day's theme, and I'm tempted to not post. Is that perfectionism? anyway.

today
bought petrol.
support group - had to look for it as mtg room was not available. eventually I was directed to look under huge trees in a park where an invisible group was to be found. It was good listening. identified with struggles mentioned. That others struggle like me is hopeful.
Lunch with a few of the above . I bought a meal I'd had there before. GF. fritters and eggs with dashings of other things. Spoke with someone there as I waited for her to finish eating. Others had left by then. Good to have a human interaction.
to first decl uttering lesson. Maybe it will spur some more action. bagged some footware to donate tonight.
to beach for a walk and a sit. watched some windsurfers.
groceries bought and put away.
chopped up ginormous palm frond to get it in top of the bin. Theres the leaky can that ozzed in my pantry in there. and 1/2 a bin of chopped weed trees from earlier in the week.
The cleanup of leaky can dregs is another story.
to the curb with that.
mail - looked at nbn offers and mail, odd change to the phone system is happened here and the old thing that worked power cut or not is to be replaced by some say dubious improved internet access for more than used to have it. It remains to be seen here. but for some folk elsewhere they now need try for connection in other ways. Like a mobile ph in ziplock bag hauled up a tall tree on a rope pully system that tied to their veranda rail to try for mobile internet coverage. I/l of the normal connection they used to have. My mind boggles.
And a sales pitch I got last week seemed to offer not what the money actually bought with that company. So they are out of the equation. to my mind at least.
evening meal was my omega seed banana smoothy.
been online.

With regrets to the 4 US citizen's families killed in the plane crash in Melbourne, and Aussie pilot. Those on the ground were fortunate to have not been in the way at the time. And that it missed the busy highway, and time when stores were open for business..

Glad travel plans got sorted for Helia and DH.

Must get to bed.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:18 am

Good morning! My keeper trend is sewing room decluttering. My trend to ditch is computer jigsaw puzzles. I did work one last night, but only one. I set a deadline where, if it was not done, I would save it. However, since there were < 20 pieces left by then, I finished it within 5 minutes of my stop time. I found my jacket at church, but still have no idea where the missing library book got off to. I also got groceries and did bills and budgeting.

Today I MUST MUST MUST call my bank! They have not sent my tax documents. I cannot find them on the web. This is rather worrisome, because their FAQs state that only the primary account holder can access the documents. I am the ONLY account holder, so I should be primary! This is an account that has never been shared with anyone.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out/homework. I have no idea what I will be feeding DD15.

I tried to start a new crochet project in carpool this morning, but it did not go well. My friend chose black eyelash yarn, and it is impossible to see your stitches to crochet into them. I will try some of my size 10 yarn in a bright color and double strand it, then remove the size 10. Because I am only doing flowers, it should not be too much of a problem taking it out. It will be good if I can make this work. I had a similar problem with some beautiful boucle yarn that I was given. There is enough for several sweaters in several colors, but I figured out fast why the previous owner got rid of it!

I have discovered a bug that affects most of my reports. Will be dealing with that today. Moral of the story: if you want your queries to give the answers you expect, write them yourself!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:20 am

Hope all your "angst" gets straightened out, Helia. Good advice to (your) self: let secretary do it from the get go. :?

Dh and I are leaving in a few minutes to meet a couple from our campground for lunch. He wants to go to H arbor F reight first so we're leaving early. I was so tired out from yesterday's meet up with our friends from Indiana that I'm a little reluctant to do it all over again today. At least it won't be for as long today. Lunch and a bit of a chat and that will be it.

Just tried downloading a bunch of pictures from my phone to the computer. We'll see. Had a lot that just showed up blank so not sure what that is all about. Had trouble with my phone this morning and finally found out how to get it to turn back on (hint: iPhone 6s: hold down both power off button and the bottom selection button at the same time). Now it's back on but I figure I need to get a bunch of stuff off it.

Okay....time to get dh ready to go out the door.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:22 am

Good evening, Lynlee! I still can't believe there were no fatalities from those on the ground (in fact there seem to be no physical injuries to those on the ground.) Timing is everything in life and death.

My trend today is hopefully one of control. Last night I wrote up a schedule for today and am doing my best to keep to it.

That meant I was out of bed at 7 instead of lying against dh listening to the news. I had my tea and chocolate while listening to a lectionary podcast and making notes and I've done two items off my paperwork to-do list.

I've kept an eye on email but haven't really checked it, Facebook or here until now and I'm on the treadmill.

I've had my breakfast and washed up the dishes (including yesterday's) and did my weekly kitchen chores. So I'm currently flying along at full speed.

We have hair cuts today so that takes almost 3 hours from the afternoon but also gives some downtime.

My rule for today is only check in here if I'm on the treadmill. So you may not see much of me today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:28 am

Trends are good!

Today is Day #4 of consecutive walking at the park. This is such a good habit for me to have and strive to keep.

Today is Homeschool day #128. After a 4 day break, we are looking for that groove.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:32 am

Lynlee, dive in any time with an earlier start to the thread, please. Once upon a time I'd have thought 8-something here was awfully late for a first post for me. Perhaps that's something to be thankful for in my house - 5:45 alarms are not going off here any more. But I do have sense enough to know that you are long since up and having adventures, and I certainly don't want to miss them! Haven't seen any windsurfers lately, myself. Our sometimes-late-owls like lucylee (or any number of us depending on the situation) need to have that same encouragement, too.

Have been studying the lesson I'll teach next. Deep. At points I wondered if author was reaching a little to make it so deep. So now I am questioning myself - am I missing something. Bears some re-study.

Perfectionism - I don't want to highlight because this book was only available in this hardbound edition. In my mind, one highlights paperbacks, not hardbounds. I had mentioned that oddity of my preparation the first time I taught this. Co-teacher held up her book as she began to teach at her turn recently and several inches of the front cover's lower right corner were gone. Her puppy got ahold of it. So now she says puppy has freed her to highlight to her heart's content. Also some slobbers on first few pages, but she has not yet decided what wisdom that gave her.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Lynlee, for the 13 days I'm in Australia, we can start the thread together! Looks like you had a full day.

Hello Harriet, Dee, Kathryn, and Elizabeth!

The secretary -- I guess admin is the correct word -- emailed this morning and said having 2 authorizations to enter the country is not a problem, so I guess I'm super-authorized to visit Australia! :)

My trend today has been good. I need to not lose the momentum. By 10:45 today, which was 30 minutes ago, I had:
- had some qt
- reclaimed the kitchen
- done dog care
- gone to barre class, so my torture. . . er, exercise. . . for the day is done
- gone to the groc. store -- managed to take care of 2 other errands there, so I'm pleased!
- home, put everything away.

Main Goals for the day:
1. Running store errand: I badly need new running shoes. Also, proper running shorts and leggings.
2. Post office
3. Oil change for blue car
4. Make lists -- things to do before we leave and things to pack
5. Email ds with some reminders and a Q re: his graduation this spring
6. Dinner: chicken curry over rice, and roasted broccoli
7. Garbage and recycling gathered and taken to the curb
x 8. Exercise
x 9. Groc. store

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Back on the treadmill for a few minutes before starting making my lunch. Given how late I had breakfast, I'm fascinated how hungry I am. Oh well. My goal is to come up with something healthy, probably just PB&Banana sandwich. Which calls for a trip downstairs to get a banana. I'll have that for the filling bit and some yogurt and berries for more protein.

Got an item off my to-do list that I committed to doing last November. That gives you an idea of how far behind I am.

Also got the dusting and watering plants done from yesterday's weekly chores. Dh is done in his bathroom now so I can change his towels and get them started in the washer. That will knock off another item from today. Just noted the word ITEM can be rearranged to be TIME !

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:26 pm

taking a break from schooling. DS8 is focusing well now after a slow start.

Lunch will be hamburgers, chips & salsa. I'm using preformed sirloin patties from freezer (Sam's). Quick and easy to prepare. I have the patties thawing for 30 minutes before cooking them.

back to schooling.... Spelling is up next.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”