Tuesday Trends

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday Trends

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Still homeschooling.....OH MY GOODNESS. DS8 is taking a 4-page grammar test. He can maintain focus for about a page then he walks on the treadmill for a few minutes....goes back and does another page of the test...repeat...repeat...repeat. This works at home but makes me concerned about taking the multi-page state test at school.

DS8 made 90% on his grammar test. He could have made 97 but he skipped a part.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:18 pm

So a guy calls from a county office and I said oh good and start asking him about the lost / mixed up project. Turns out he's just a plumbing guy and had called about something else. But while I had him on the phone I asked him about other one and he couldn't make sense of it either and supposedly he's going to ask another guy tomorrow. We'll see.

Anyway, the one that's coming out ready to do is good because that guy is in a rehab place, a 300+ lb guy needing a walk in shower instead of a tub and his wife wants this done before he gets home.

Still another 4 in limbo. I could scream but it wouldn't do any good. Mortgage broker for another customer didn't call like she said she would....

Anyway, all I can say for today is the "mess" in the office is organized. Though it's still a mess.

Hmmm looks like rain, not good, outside work tomorrow for sure.

Sunny asked about our flowers, yes they all bloomed at once, bright orange all across the front of our yard, and they're still blooming. All those bulbs really need thinned and spread out. Once you've planted amaryllis bulbs, you've got them forever and they multiply like crazy. Funny, my red ones my girlfriend gave me haven't bloomed yet. I have so much yard work to do...

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:41 pm

I have been down the rabbit hole today. This started yesterday when Ancestry had free UK records - I started off filling in the census records for dh's family that immigrated from Russia/Poland to England to Canada to U.S. Turns out they actually immigrated Russia/Poland to England to U.S. and back to England, and eventually to Canada and U.S. Dh's grandfather was born in England - I had always discounted the records I saw stating that three older sibs were born in US, but it appears that is correct.

Dh is out of town, so I am playing. I need to stop and at least take a shower and do some things around here. Will work to :15 after the hour, then give myself another 30 min of play. Lather, Rinse, repeat.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Thirteen reports examined/fixed, Twenty to go. Then, I can return to the new report I need to get done. And the DateShipped bug and the FamilyID bug. Twenty minutes left at payroll. Wonder how much I can get done (probably one more report).

One DPC is OFF my list. The tax people called, and I made an appointment tomorrow. So tonight, my new highest priorities are: gather tax stuff (i.e. grab the folders and total some stuff inside), check some airline specials for August Hawaii trip.

Still don't know what to feed DD15. Maybe it's the Colonel's night to cook?

ETA: Yep, was able to determine that one report was ok and 6 have problems to contend with tomorrow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Dinner was good (beer can chicken but with gingerale instead.)

I'm off my schedule now.

Will try and make some progress now - refill vitamin dispenser and prep vitamins and meds for the trip next week.

Papers have actually got more spread out not less, but that's because I'm trying to go through the piles.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 pm

The trend here -- me and my big mouth. See j&c.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 pm

I've fallen way behind.

But have a load of laundry that is now in the dryer.

I did get the vitamins and meds ready for our trip. I actually had to have a 15 minute nap in the middle in order to keep going on that task. Sigh... But it is done. Tossed the expired ibuprofen. Would have gone 10 months with this bottle except it expired a few months ago. This is actually a good thing, 4 bottles ago, I was using 2 bottles a year. Then my knees got way better and I ran into problems because I had stocked up during a sale and this last bottle expired on me. This next bottle is good for 18 months.

I need to get to Costco for probiotics. We have just enough for the trip if I don't get sick. And I have long list of meds to buy to replace the expired meds in my medicine bag.

I have an appointment tomorrow to meet at the school with the ESL teacher so I'll be out with the car anyway and can run errands tomorrow. Just planning out my day now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:04 pm

The "environmental" ( septic tank ) company came and did the 3-year maintenance here and I got my parents' house done, too. So now I know they are both on same schedule.

Flying Skunk Farm (link is in Productive Backyard) has been a happy diversion today. It is the live streaming video of a small farmyard that I like. Goats, geese, ducks, chickens. Of course, by evening I have one animal I have begun to worry about. My family tells me I do this every time I check on that farm too often. There's a little black duck that is not doing well. Fascinating to be able to consider her through technology this way, and fascinating to consider what it says about me, that I'm diagnosing her tonight at a distance of 500 miles or so when I have problems of my own. She's not eating.

HRH is considering picking up some paperwork tonight several towns away. It was left in a drop-box in case he came after hours, since the drive would have been hard at commuter-times. I may ride with him.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:15 am

Another beautiful spring like day. Dd1 and I walked after she got off work.

Dh used the new jig set today and drilled the holes for the no show hinges on 16 doors. It worked wonderful. Now he can prime and then paint them. It will be a breeze to attach the hinges to the doors and then to the cabinet. His biggest worry now, is how is he going to do it and make sure they are all level, etc. I'm leaving that to him to figure out. Dh says he is getting so close to being done that he can taste it.

I need to call the glass company tomorrow and see about getting a mirror delivered.

Return to “Post When You Can”