Thursday Team

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday Team

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:52 am

Are you teaming up with anyone today?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Team

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 am

Buddy (dog) came to live with us 5 years ago today. He showed up at DFriends home in the country and they put ads in newspaper trying to find owner without any success. DFriends had many dogs already and didn't want to add another one so they gave Buddy to me. The vet guessed that Buddy was less than a year old and was Great Pyrenees mix. I'm celebrating Buddy today. He is a great team member.

I had a super LOUSY sleep last night. My body is an early bird, not a night owl. I was awake until 2am. ARGH! I slept fitfully for 4 hours then got up. I have a full day and will have to do it on 4 hours of bad sleep.

Today -
** 8am - 11am - Homeschooling
** 11 am - 1 pm At public school - lunch, recess, and DS8 speech therapy. They have canceled today's volunteer activities because I can't help.
** 1 pm - 4 pm - Travel to/from and DS8 first visit with the new speech therapist.
** 5pm - 8pm Roller Skating
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:24 am

Morning...

Yup LadyM.... me, myself and I :D

Up and starting my morning routines. There's a grocery run in my future.

I had a wonderful time with my bff. We became friends our freshman year of high school and remained "sister" since then. We shopped, ate, traveled to my fdil' bridal shower and just enjoy each other's company. We have decided to make this an annual visit because we miss each other enough that we want to enjoy each other's company at least once a year.

Sweetie did well without me, I came home to a clean house and laundry done. Yesterday I unpacked and did my own laundry and had some computer time to pay bills.

Onto my second cuppa coffee, and off to start my day. Hope you all have a good Day wherever it may lead you.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:33 am

Hi!

Lots of teamwork here today. First I teamed up with dh and took his truck to the dealership to get the blue tooth fixed.Next, I am hanging out with the Thursday stitchers. After that, I am going to Pennington's for their half price sale. I have a gift card to spend!

At 5, I will pick up dh and then go pick up his truck. Then it's home for supper and another exciting night listening to him snore on the couch from 6 until 10 when he gets up and goes to bed to sleep some more.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:19 am

I'm working with the same team as RR: me, myself and I. Some of us are doing better than others!

Today I need to get groceries and see dmom. I'm not sure when dh gets back into town. I took out two frozen salmon fillets that I'll cook for tonight, along with two chicken breasts that dd thawed the other day and didn't use.

Yesterday I ended up eventually doing some genealogy, then went w dfriend M to get pansies at HD. (While there, I ran into a favorite male coworker who retired last summer - it was great to see him.) Then M and sat outside and visited for a while. Last night, the temp was nice and I was alone, so I made a nice fire in the firepit outside. Very enjoyable evening - I came in around 8:30 and went to bed on the early side.

I really do need to get going.

-s2s
-start a lol
-kitchen counters
-breakfast bar counter
-make the bed
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:33 am

Good morning! Today has not started off really well, I just took a migraine pill. The good thing is I caught it very early and will be better quickly (< 30 min probably). Still working the DateShipped bugs - 2 down, 9 to go, with one of the nine in progress. While working on it, I found an idiosyncrasy. Not a bug, because it is doing what I expect. It may be though, that what I expect is not what the business wants to happen. I have emailed them details about it and asked how they want it handled. Any possible choice they could make will be easy to implement. It's a very subtle issue that only affects items that are shipped from one warehouse at the end of a month and do not arrive at the receiving warehouse until the next. I also have three DPCs to handle today, including one to my brother, whose birthday I forgot yesterday.

I did not do anything last night other than my daily stuff and taxes. One of my DPCs is to the tax person with some info I didn't know I was missing. Did you know that premiums for long term care insurance are deductible? Me neither. I will be getting a little more than 4k back :shock: :o :? :cry: . While this is certainly better than owing buckets of money, I did not plan on giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan. Perhaps a look at my W4 is in order! I will use the money to pay back the "loans" I have given myself from savings on occasion. This should take care of all of them back to January 2015. I did not list the ones before that in my spreadsheet, but I may go back and see about 2014. Or I may just call myself in the clear.

Tonight, the long pending cruise research needs to be done. I guess I am teaming up with an old friend and the animal org about a cat rescue now. She called yesterday about a situation at her apartment. Her old residence in a trailer park provided me with many cats. In fact, we stabilized then removed an entire colony, one cat at a time. (Stabilized = trap, spay/neuter, release, monitor). All but two were adopted. One was very ill and had to be euthanized. The other was completely feral, but a resident wanted to look after her in-place.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:39 am

I helped h. Remember to take 4 doz. eggs to work for the crew. Counting that. Then the ddog helped me feed & water hens. I put the light on yesterday that helped so did that again today. 32* outside here today.

Now it it's just me myself & I may take the dog w if I do errands & walk. Dddog is napping now.

Wishing every one a great day yesterday was a busy one I am enjoying some delicious solitude for my quiet time! As I contemplate what quilt square colors to start with today!

Working on a green puppet now that the blue one is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:50 am

Just the three of us here (me, myself and I) but I'm hoping the Holy Spirit will pop in when it is time to write the sermon. In the meantime, my schedule includes reading time since the lectionary podcasts still haven't been released. I'm awfully disappointed because I thought I might have a new routine that might have me writing earlier in the week.

I'm not sticking to the schedule this morning but for the good reason that I'm on a roll so don't want to move onto the next item. Each half hour I check and see how much farther I'm falling behind and if I'm missing something important. It should actually work out by the end of the day since I had divided the task up and interspersed it throughout the day.

Having a break at the moment because if I don't, I'll end up taking a longer one later. But I'm having a snack while cuop not on the treadmill as planned.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:57 am

Good morning dear ladies,

Yes my team is me and my earbuds. Listening to bible reading, music and a book while I do my dailies.

Also want to work on my files in my office. Removing and boxing up 2016 from file cabinet, filing 2017 in cabinet.

Lots to do. Let's get going teams!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:35 pm

And I drafted and sent an email to dh's cousins et all who are descendants of the person I have been researching. I'm hoping that dh's mother's first cousin, the oldest one in the bunch, will have some info to offer too.

Elizabeth said:
Did you know that premiums for long term care insurance are deductible? Me neither.
As a matter of fact, I did know that!

Now, back on track...to shower and to make the bed, then I'm heading out.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”