Thursday Team

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thursday Team

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Took a nap. Lay for another 30 minutes just soaking before getting up. It was sunny and very warm (almost 60) so I suggested a walk for my salad for dinner but dh had a longer errand to run so after doing one credit card reconciliation we headed out. I didn't wear a coat for part of the walk but had to put it on during the walk back because the sun disappeared. We picked up salad as we passed the grocery store on the way back. In total we were out for 70 minutes but I was walking slowly.

Came back home and surfed for a bit and had tea and crackers. Then dh wanted an early dinner and we had that (I had started his in the morning and mine was a frozen lasagna.)

Now, I'm back reconciling credit cards. Slow work but I'm trying to stick with it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Have not CUOPed all yet, but:

Nancy, dd's dorm mattress is exactly 6 inches longer than an ordinary twin mattress, and the width is the same. It is not a very thick mattress, if that would matter - maybe 5 inches.

lucylee, steroids will do that, also will cause a blood sugar rise which is not so cool, either, and can affect how you feel.

Cathy, wonder if some of them are looking at your top and thinking they'd rather wear what you are wearing? :)

I have happiness over a TEAM tonight. Some thoughts should be in J and C but suffice to say I am relieved and I feel heard, and I have been able to be really helpful to others, too. Lots of confidence and plain speaking. Not all good news, but respectful and inclusive.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 pm

Thanks Harriet! H suggested I make sure she will be in the dorm & not at living at home next year.

Had a great time today at the thrift shop, got a coloring journal, planner w magnetic closure like I have been wanting. a prayer journal, lined journal notebook w calendar, even found a dog toy (new). Great sunny weather but cold brisk winds here. Zero house work done.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:15 pm

Finished the reconciliations. There was another bill in the mail and I realized a third account would come while I was away so I printed it off and got those two reconciled and paid.

On Facebook, the aunt of the little boy from church with cancer shared a GoFundMe page set up for the family. I knew money would be tight and sent some at Christmas but the mom had to give up her job to care for him so it is really tight. It was her sister who finally got the family to accept charity. The church has been babysitting the sister and feeding them but now we can spread things far and wide. The aunt is an international performer so has a huge FB following. Her friends are all sharing it, and I shared it. Two of my friends responded by sharing as well. It started today and they are over 10% of the way to their goal.

This online fundraising is so much easier than the old way of doing things. But I did it the old way, writing out a cheque so I can make sure every penny goes to the family. I emailed the sister to let her know I'd send money the old way. At Christmas I actually sent cash because I didn't want it to be refused. The cheque is written and in my purse for Sunday. And, since it was my last cheque, I've also ordered more.

Changed the passwords on my bank and credit card accounts linked to my store points account. The points accounts were compromised and company reset every password. The media articles have the police recommending you change anything linked to it just in case. We will be setting up LastPass next month but until then, I'm strengthening a lot of accounts.

Return to “Post When You Can”