Conga Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Conga Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Done the meeting at the school and am finishing up lunch.

Dgs has been asleep for 90 minutes so will be bright eyed and bushy tailed when I get there.

Won't stay long, rain is on its way.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:19 pm

I got the living room picked up and vacuumed. Lock was frozen on hubby's truck so he took the jeep I am so glad I did my errands yesterday! Did an extended qt. I am doing a home pedicure now.

I will have h bring home dinner.

Dgd is going to be in the dorm next year.

I have bagged roses to soak and pot up this weekend. Got my Valentine ones yesterday.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:08 pm

Elizabeth 12 of the doors go to what I call cubbies. They are 3 rows across and 4 rows down. The inside measure approx 12 x 15 inches and 18 inches high. When I emptied them, I was amazed at how much came out of there. Then 4 of the doors are below the 2 sinks. At our last house, I had a hall linen closet plus a lot of storage in the bathroom. When we moved here it, some stuff is stored in the bathroom and other things had to find a new home.

I need to buy groceries but it is cold and windy. I would rather not but really need to go............

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 pm

I am thrilled beyond words! :mrgreen: After looking at our health insurance online I realize that out of $141,000+ we owe $50 (for the ambulance!). There is one bill out for $413 for an emergency room dr. I called there this morning and she was billing our insurance as we spoke. So we'll see about that one. I've had co-pays to the doctors I've seen but that's all. I am one happy camper about now. Through complaining about our insurance. Of course I must say that the 'allowable' payment by our insurance is nowhere near what the charge is but our part is ZERO.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Hi!

Having a busy day here.

Went out for breakfast with dh, because he needed a ride to work.
Came home and rearranged pantry shelves so that anything that was out of alphabetical order is now in it's spot. I also rearranged the spice and flavouring section and moved some of the baking stuff.

Dh called to tell me to take my car to the dealership because the truck was ready. Car needs a new clutch again. There are problems with all the 14 Focus models so the tranny now has a 10 year/250 KM coverage/warranty.

Picked up truck and went and bought groceries in Grimsby. As I came off the highway, I saw a coyote. Second one I have seen in less than a month. The other time, there was one at the western edge of Grimsby running down the meridian of the highway.

Now I have partially restocked my pantry and I bought cola on sale so that the per can price was 24 cents. :shock:

At 5 I will pick up dh so we can go pick up the car and he has requested going out for supper at a restaurant around the corner from the dealership.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Home now.

Drive to dd's was tough due to heavy rain but the drive home was easier because the rain was light and it wasn't yet rush hour.

Had a decent play with dgs. Ready him a book. He tries to turn the pages now so that's fun. He was nursing when I arrived and was when I left. Dd changed him and then I get to dress him and then we played on the floor. Tried a new engagement with him sitting in front of me facing out and come around one side and he turned his head to see me, then I leaned around to his other side and he had to turn his head to see me there. That's good practice for him (his neck doesn't turn easily) and it was also interesting him anticipating and starting to turn so he'd be waiting for me on the other side. We also did up/down while he was on his tummy and he'd make a grunt that sounded like 'up' as he'd lift his head.

I got home a few minutes early so can join back into my schedule now.

Next up is snack but I'll pass on that for 30 minutes and try starting the sermon.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Dee, that's wonderful news; I'm happy for you!

I did the Friday Conga this morning. Then after lunch we needed to go for groceries.

We just got home from W-M.....a much needed grocery run. I probably would have put it off for another day or two, but our dMinnie needed dog food. Her food can was empty! Refrigerator, pantry and freezer is all filled again. I try to keep to my list, but when dh goes with me the list explodes! :shock: I don't think we will need anything more for a couple of weeks except milk and bread. :)

It's just a few minutes before three pm now. I will sit and relax and drink some water until it is time to start supper. The only other thing that must be done is set the trash can out after supper. The truck has been coming around 7 Saturday a.m., sometimes I'm not awake yet.

Waving hello to everyone, will try to check in again later.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Happy for Dee.

I have roses unbagged and soaking in water now 5 gal. Bucket, brought in the pot to thaw for planting in untill we get the bush out of the front yard.

KidN will not be here today.
44* so a walk in a while.
Truck lock is thawed out.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello. I've been too busy to get here.

Wed. I was on the concrete crew. It's been a long time since I've done that. Despite having 5 other people there plus DH, there was still work to keep me busy. No one knew what to do except DH so it wasn't as efficient as usual, but we got big job done.

I came home cold, wet, stiff, sore. And then had to help DH take off tire on my suv and plug a hole. I'd had a flat before I came home and we inflated it so I could get home.

My joints are still a bit sore. Yesterday was trips to county offices. Brought home 2 projects and one was the problematic one we never did get answers about, but she gave us the package anyway, so I can quit worrying about it.

Today was 3 hours shopping to get a pair of shoes. Shoe shopping is the worst job in the world for me. When I do a lot of shopping around on those hard floors I just get stiffer and stiffer, and my feet hurt, then they hurt worse and worse as I try on shoes that hurt. When we went to that dinner Sunday evening I realized I did not have a light pair of dressier shoes, so now I have something for that. Not ideal, and not heels, but these have a bit of a small wedge and some woven trim around...so good enough. I hunted a pair of dressy slacks but didn't find anything. I'm back between sizes again, for length and width. Rats.

Have chicken baking in the oven, need to check that. No conga done here for a few days. Maybe tomorrow if my feet are less sore. It feels good to be off them right now.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:12 pm

DateShipped bug fixed in five reports. DateShipped is no longer a problem! Two other high priority report requests came in, requiring changes to the database and two reports. The unexpected reports were turned around before the afternoon. Have not heard from the locksmith. Good thing I just want an extra key and am not locked out!

Return to “Post When You Can”