Saturday Systems

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Saturday Systems

Postby Lynlee » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:33 pm

praying for all needs and concerns, excitements and the everyday.

Thanks for the reminder of the 3ds Nancy.

Lucylee - I'd wondered if DH would breathe easier in an inclined position. Some put bedhead on bricks, or seek a recliner. Its not been fun for either of you. Hoping there is a resolution soon.
ohhhh to LM and dog out. scary stuff. Glad there were animal control people able to respond. I'd hate to face a dog as big as me and feeling aggressive. Even - I'd hate to face one half my size.
I had my prev wooden mailbox busted up too, and a neighbours help at rebuild didn't really last. Now mine is lockable all metal.

Not much sleep for me last night as my head was a twirl from conversations yesterday...
Finally, radio on and eventual sleep.
Woke just in time to get ready for church in time. Breakfast was later.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Lynlee, dh has tried the pillows piled up, the recliner... nothing seems to work.
He has coughed so much, I really didn't see how his throat could take it, and I gsuggested Nyquil last night. No good, just made him sleepier, but he still couldn't sleep. Then I suggested Tessalon Perles rx cough capsules that I keep all the time. He took them today, and they did suppress the cough -- but gave him that weird, jittery feeling. So it's back to musinex tonight I guess...
Calling doctor back Mon if something doesn't change

Systems... I am so full of good intentions and I just keep disappointing myself. Do any of you feel that way? It's like I can never put two good days together. Trying again tomorrow...
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 am

((LadyM and neighboring youth)) So glad you had a phone with you and there was a pickup truck nearby for a measure of safety. Without those, the dog owners might be facing so much more, and deservedly so. Actually, editing to say the more I think about this the more I just hate that this happened to you. ((((hugs))))

BookSaver, thanks for letting us in on all your group's sewing and donating happiness. Thanks for thinking of A,C and N chat - hint, hint, hint to all who are creatively hands-on-ing!

Phone call this evening and it seems a lady who moved recently didn't get her giving letter. A friend is sorry to have forgotten to tell me this for a week now. I'll take that to church tomorrow to give to the friend, who'll visit her with it right away to make sure she has it quickly. No letter had been returned to us anyway, so I'm thinking this had been forwarded but something went wrong.

It's going to be cool tomorrow. Choosing between some warm top sets. Thinking with a fuzzy infinity scarf, the one I bought for Easter will work, and still look completely different in April. We'll see.

Shopping online for mattress ideas. Mostly dd's bed here but in the future if we like what we buy, we'd consider changing ours. Anyone have a thought? Leaning toward the "Lull", which would just come in a box with less hassle, but seems to have good reviews.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:53 am

Got my cards sorted for March... got my checklists printed out... going to shower now so I don't have to do that with both grands in the house in the morning
-- I'm afraid dgd will be fussy and wake up dh, IF he is able to sleep by then. He says he feels like he has the flu now. But he has felt that way on & off since this all started. So frustrating.
But I am going to do my best to OVERCOME the frustration and depression of it all, and instead, concentrate on doing well on the things I CAN control next week. I will try not to get depressed b/c some things will happen that I CANNOT control, but I will try not to make excuses and do the best I can to complete the tasks that I can.

It is very easy for me to just curl up in the recliner and say I am too tired and this is all too much... but I think I'd like myself better if I could stick with it and get my act together a little bit. Just b/c dh is sick doesn't mean I have to act like I am, too.
I KNOW I'd feel better if I could manage to exercise more, so that is one of my main goals for March. The other is to STOP scrolling around on the internet before I even get out of bed. * sheesh * I KNOW that starts my day on badly, and I STILL keep doing it.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:01 am

LadyM, your dog scare was really scary, especially since it had already bit one of the girls. Last summer a pit bull tried to attack dd2s goldendoodle while we were walking. A lady and her mother seen what was happening and she loaded the dog up and took it to the animal shelter. She volunteers there. After that dsil bought dd2 a flashlight that is also a taser and it also will make a scary sound. One day another dog tried to do the same thing and when dd2 turned that sound on the dog ran away. So I bought dd1, dm, both dgds20 and myself one. They made good stocking stuffers.

I am still up and climbing the walls. Dd2 called at 10:30 and said she was on her way to town to go to the ER. When her, dgd20 and the 2 boys went to the indoor water park on Thursday, dd2 had hit her head on a slide. She said she hit a dry spot and stopped, so she kind of scooted herself, hit a wet spot and it flipped her and she hit her head. Dgd20 is going with her to the ER, so I didn't have to. I am kicking myself and so is dd1 that we didn't tell her to go this afternoon, but we didn't know about it until then. We were at dgs11 basketball game, dd1 started telling us that her dds boyfriend had been sick all night and had went to the ER. He has gastritis. Dd2 asked who this guy was, she kept repeating his name and looked clueless. Anyway there is no way I can go to bed until I hear from her. I told her she can spend the night here if she doesn't want to drive home.

Dd2 has been making 3 and 4 trips to town everyday. Which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't 44 miles, round trip and that's just to the city limits. She hasn't complained yet. Everyone else is happy with the move.

Of course, the bed in the guest bedroom is piled down. It won't take but a few minutes to move everything and there are clean sheets on the bed. I seriously doubt that she will stay though. If she doesn't, I won't be able to sleep until she is home safe.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:10 am

Dd2 is fine, the pressure isn't from a brain bleed, what a relief!

I didn't understand until now, but dd2 was on some kind of tube on the slide and while holding on to the sides of it like you are suppose to, it flipped. The receptionist at the ER told her as she was leaving that she was not the first person to come in after getting hurt at the indoor water park. The dr. told her that he thought she had done the right thing by coming in, since it had been 2 days and she is still having headaches and pain from the injury. At least now we know that it will just take time. Dd2 is safely home and now I need to head to bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”