Touring Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Touring Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:06 pm

I had to take off my fleece sweater while walking around Napa. That makes today a success!

Still no access to WiFi when I have my computer with me so I am updating from my tablet. I am exhausted but we can't check in until 3 so have to stay awake. Although going back to the the van and napping napping napping there is tempting.

Only at 4700 steps so need to be to get moving again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:56 pm

H is home now yes it was the work truck so he will fill me in on the rest if the info. In bit. Back from walking the ddog.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:42 pm

That was quite a game, Sunny. (Sorry, Kathryn). DD asked dh if he realized he saw history in the making at that game. When Kucherov scored his hat trick it was the first "natural" hat trick in franchise history evidently. It's because he scored all 3 goals in succession with no other goals in between and all in the same period. They did enjoy themselves but things are certainly expensive. Don't know how families afford to go and feed their kids.

I spent a good deal of the day trying to get our health insurance payment straightened out. Harris sent a letter and bill the day after it was paid to Exelis Health. Our insurance company called this morning and said they had the check but didn't know what to do with it. :roll: So our insurance due today had not been paid for February. Took me a good share of the day to get it right with Harris and then straighten it out with our bank. Didn't dare let it go at all. I was confused because Harris bought dh's company from I T T in July of 2015 and are just now getting around to this part. Think it's straight now -she says hopefully.

I tried to do our taxes on T urbo but not sure I'm going to be able to do it. Will try again in a little while. :(
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Not a lot of "touring" today, although I did make a little loop around Tiny Town -- went to get my hair cut and then to the library.
Tonight we had K rystal hamburgers and ice cream w/ds & dgs.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello -- some good news in J&C.

And more good news -- dmom is reading the copy of F lylady's book that I loaned her, and she had a GREAT day -- s2s, including makeup... shined her sink... got 27 items together to donate... * whew * She's going to leave me in the dust!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:28 pm

WTG, LucyLee's Mom! :D

DD and I just spent the last hour & a half or so filing our taxes. Can't quite figure out why our NY State refund is as much as it is but that's ok. I'll take it. Now I'm finding myself exhausted and time to go to bed. Ahhh....just remembered I haven't given myself my injection. Off I go.........
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Elizabeth - yes F&V is fruit and veg. oh to them not dying and getting ozzy.
Lucylee - wtg to dm.
LM - wtg to ds8. Prayers re dgd5.

TUESDAY -
wrote up the whats done in my diary. 1st entry there since the fifth.
decided to add stickers to some items to bring some joy.
I have my routine list in 2 places - rewrote it last night.

Wednesday
I have a loose page torn from an ancient diary for my doings list, and the master list beside it on the desk. I used work best from the back of an envelope.

tmeds start bfst cooking
prayers and readings made bed dress
emu lotion - old burn on my leg - thin skin gets sore lately - burn was 15 yrs ago.
bfst. dishes
Lenten service - full house with the parish school children there as well.
talked to some people later. remembered meeting one in 76 when we first came to town.
jigsaw and radio interview
finished pots and pans - some drying up
Lunch.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:38 am

Saw today's thread was started at an hour at which Lynlee (and helia) could jump right in, which made me smile.

Stressful day - at one point I was awaiting 3 different stressful call-backs and a stressful email return. With the dining table full of paperwork, I was sitting at the table that's behind the sofa to find enough room to spread out, and I was studying/witnessing a church financial puzzle forming. I'd just gotten the frown on my face :x to think it out and was holding slippery thoughts in my brain :arrow: when the phone rang and it was the number one stress-inducing return call from a completely different non-church puzzle that required lots of preparation and careful word choice. I could have cried. Muscled through it. (mentally.)

Somehow I got through today. ATandT/Yahoo went down so I (and all - or a lot - of their customers?) lost email service just when an email was coming to give me last-minute direction before errands. :roll: Gave up on that - you can only do so much. As HRH said, "Lack of prior planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on your part." Left to get out-of-the-house stuff done.

Most important trip out (power jewelry, gray and black monochrome clothes, serious face :| ) was to Town Hall for a meeting with 2 women who proved to be pleasant and easy to work with once we got away from the reception/elevators/phones area and to a small conference room face-to-face. Actually ended up talking about how everyone who calls their offices thinks they're all bad people. In a way.. ... I can see that. :| I think there is a lot of defensiveness built up in their office that they don't realize, probably because of Type A posturing that often comes at them. I have seen their dept's emails back and forth with others ... whew. They are not pushovers, so, more power to them I suppose. Anyway, some closure now, with them.

Got to bank to meet the new banker, signed paperwork there to finish address/card changes for the church. Made the deposit with an hour to spare in the month's statement span - a small victory.

Got (most of) the last minute decisions of the church leadership :roll: into the P.O. with less time to spare than that.

Grocery then, to bring home a few requests from a queasy HRH back at home. We think he was reacting to too much oil/fat in a meal. Without a GB he can have a bad reaction to that. Better now.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 am

Still Tuesday for me and Nancy.

Finally have my computer connected to the internet. It has taken forever to get to this stage including a reboot. I had hibernated it at one point (as opposed to sleep) and it didn't revive well at all. It requires another reboot apparently.

The Quality Inn in Hayward had a wonderful breakfast including scrambled eggs, bacon and waffles. For $87 it was a great deal. As long as you can ignore the neighbourhood which was a bit scary. And our room certainly wasn't finished its remodeling. But the bed was very comfortable and the towels and linens were as good as any Holiday Inn I've been in. And those were 2x as much as we paid.

The next four nights are in a retirement home, at the best price you can get in Napa, $100 for a great b&b. We have a studio suite with 2 double beds, kitchenette and table and sitting area. We get breakfast included and other meals are $12 each. Dinner was excellent.

Dh's aunt and uncle have a beautiful, large, two bedroom apartment with full kitchen, large living room, one good sized bedroom and one large bedroom. They also have a huge balcony that overlooks a marshland. They really love living here and I can see why.

They weren't here when we arrived so we headed to In N Out for our lunch, then walked around town and had frozen yogurt before coming back and moving into the suite. We had a short rest and then dA and dU were back so we visited with them until dinner, had a nice dinner and then watched the (taped) address to congress.

We are still on Eastern time so we came back to our suite and then ran out for milk from the grocery store because I wanted a couple of glasses of it having missed some yesterday and today.

Tomorrow we have to be ready by 8 for breakfast. Then we'll plan the day.

Return to “Post When You Can”