Touring Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Touring Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:50 pm

touring tuesday... can I tour through France? Italy? Spain? sounds lovely.

Glad you arrived safely d kathryn.

d helia hope the swelling goes down fast! So happy you are in Australia.. both my girls love Australia. Stay cool!

hi d lynn! hi d cathy! hi d Book! hi d lady! hi d Nancy! hi d elizabeth! Hi d lucy, d harmony, d harriet and all!!!

today: I have a bad cold... Once the chaos stops I start to relax and always get a bad cold. Mom's heart surgery is tomorrow and I am trying to stay away from her before her surgery. She did go to dinner with my dd's which was nice.

today's goals:

Laundry

french homework - I should drop the class because I had to miss 3 days and the 4th tomorrow, due to d Uncle, d mil and d mom. Missing my dearest mom in law horribly. Missing uncle but not the daily stress. (sounds awful on my part).
I am missing the test tomorrow bc of moms surgery and I feel bad for the teacher... I told her not to worry about setting up another time for the test for me as I am there to just learn the language. I might ask to take the quiz while in the classroom, the following week, not for a grade but to see if I am on track.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:52 pm

have a great day.

laundry:
wash :D :D
dry :D
fold
put away

French: online homework done :D

dinner:
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Making progress...

** DD called and asked if DGD5 could come stay with us. No idea for how long DGD5 will be here. DD has decided to move…again. DS8 became very angry with DD when I told him why DGD5 was coming to stay with us. We talked through his angry feelings.
** Children Church curriculum arrived. Now I need to unbox and organized into packets for individual classes/teachers. Will take the curriculum packets to church tomorrow night.
** The online timed Math fact practice sites (xtramath, MathIsFun) are starting to stress DS8 because he is watching the timer instead of focusing on answering the math problem. I ordered Math Fact workbooks so he can continue to do the fact practice without timing. Those workbooks also arrive today so I have been developing a plan for doing/tracking the progress of 182 pages.
** Ordered more shirts for DS8 in multiple colors. The UnderArmour men shirts (size small) wash/dry well, look good on him and still look like kids shirts. Win - Win - Win
** Homeschool lessons are going exceptionally well today. In 3 hours DS8 has finished 4 Math lessons, 4 Reading Comprehension lessons, 3 Keyboarding lessons, a vocabulary lesson, and spelling test. We decided he gets 45 minutes of free time added to his lunch break for his exceptional effort this morning.
** I've printed out the March monthly check off sheet for DS8 daily cards. He earns 10 cents for each card completed. If he completed every card every day he could earn about $25 a month. He has never achieved that ……yet.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm just now posting tho I've been hanging around the village all morning.

Ta -das
-finished Ikea order
-ordered from Container store - last day of Elfa sale
-texted massage therapist about changing my appt on Thursday
-desk for dmom, reconciled, paid, transferred, downloaded and backed up
-cleaned up the kitchen after dd's cooking last night
-something of a plan for the day?

Yesterday I went off researching, but OTOH I recorded and wrote out what I was searching and what my results were. And I wasn't just going off on tangent, this would be a case, if I can resolve it, that I could use in my portfolio possibly. Two of the other issues that I am considering for my case study are in the same "burned county" where the courthouse burned with substantial record loss. Altho I'm going to continue working on those issues, I don't know if I'll eventually feel that I can resolve.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

hi d twins!

great that you are having a great school day d lady. I am so happy you and d son8 can talk about his feelings. I will say prayers that all goes well with dgd coming to your home.

I am still doing homework work - more online learning... I am having a hard time taking what I know, translating it in my head and then speaking the language. I can read it and understand it but putting correct sentences in my head and then easily speaking the language is extremely difficult for me.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Hello dear ladies

Windy and cloudy today but temps in the 70s.

Still working away on this house. Yesterday I spent awhile on filing. Today hoping to tackle some areas in our bedroom.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Bleah. There was snow outside my window. Bleah. I thought I was done with some report modifications, but found another problem. If I could just get the PAGE BREAKS right! All I want is not to have a blank page at the end. It annoys the daylights out of the users!

My head is trying to create yet another migraine. If it succeeds, this will be the fourth day in a row. I missed a thyroid pill, I'm at a particular point in my cycle, and I have not been eating enough. Any single one of these is sufficient to trigger a problem.

My financial advisor pointed out that an account at another company is probably a variable annuity rather than an IRA as I thought. Or maybe a variable annuity is a type of IRA? I need to figure this out, it means that 80k is not where I thought it was. Also when I transferred a bunch of money there, it may not be doing what I think it is. Total and complete and absolute bleah.

DD called and said I should not pick her up tonight, but go straight to her concert. Good thing, since that was my plan. (It is our usual plan on concert nights). I have to go by the tax office first, so I may not get a good seat. Because DD plays percussion, I have to be in the balcony if I want to see her.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi Everyone....I'm just finishing up a cup of tea from lunch. I looked in earlier, also, but didn't take time to post. Temp. here is 83* and lots of clouds, but no rain is forecast.

Have most of the daily routine done and a few extras. I still need to put a large bag in the trash can and empty the small cans and the one from the kitchen. I also have a basket of laundry to start in washer. I've been moving a little slower today; I was awake in the middle of the night from crazy dreams; unusual for me. I'm trying not to sit too long, don't want to nap today.

Ds#2 called yesterday and said he would stop after work to show us some videos he took over the weekend. They were in Jacksonville for high school band competition. Their city band was there also. Dgd21 did not compete this time, but dgd15 got a first place and 4th place (with her pipes, I think).

Touring.....I'd love to visit Germany again!

Lilac & Lucylee..... thank you for thinking of my dh. He has been keeping up with his exercises ---- still needs to strengthen those leg muscles. His balance is much better. I still have to be with him when he practices those exercises. He actually made dinner for us on Sunday. He found a recipe on the Jiffy mix box he wanted to try. We try to take a walk outside a couple of times a week.

Dee, that sure was some wild game last night, wasn't it? Hope dh and dd enjoyed it!

Nice to hear from our travelers, Helia and Kathryn.

DMinnie is barking at the back door, wanting in again..................... Oh, Elizabeth, feel better and enjoy the concert!

Oh, Harriet, I meant to tell you I have not yet tried growing amaryllis from seeds, but have looked at several websites with that possibility. I think they are spreading naturally that way as well as spreading bulbs from the way they are growing here.
Last edited by Sunny on Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Lunch X
    feed dog
    unload rig
    unbag stuff
    Get mail all done
Back from errands no yarn meeting the bakery was closed for remodeling I think, I was not feeling it any way. Got half & half for hubby's soup. Green ink for my dip pen, a new shrub rake broke the other one this week end. Found spring colored sharpie pens 2 have been looking for :mrgreen: It hailed this morning on me but has melted off and the white stuff we got last night.

Heading back to the basement for more sewing. Considering blocks for a diff quilt in mint green lav. And ? ... lt yellow maybe! :mrgreen: I have a clipping with the colors in my purse.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Done:
x up early
x tea; small bfast
x made the bed
x some qt
x put away clean dishes

Next:
- hang up clothes on hangers I bought yesterday
- go for a jog when dh is ready; he's working, of course
- s2s and self care

ToDos -- hard to figure out since we make decisions for each day as the day progresses.
- brunch/lunch; I'm dealing with being hungry at odd times. I'm very hungry in the mornings here. Not so much after about 4 pm.
- groc. list
- groc. store
- Target
- email AM
- go for a hike with dh? Later when it's not so hot? After dinner?
- go take photos of our past rental house and the kids old schools?
- work on my photo project: make sure all photos on laptop are on hard drive
- do the same with documents?
- dinner: lamb curry (lamb is cheaper than chicken here -- at least it was when we were here last), rice, green salad
- kitchen clean
- read -- The Picture of Dorian Gray. Very well written with interesting observations on human nature. Rather dark. Somewhat satirical in places, if I'm understanding it correctly. I don't agree with the hedonistic philosophy, but I'm not sure the book is written in support of that. Maybe it's just an exploration of why people do certain things and how such actions affect others as well as oneself. This is Oscar Wilde's only novel. This has been on my to read list for years. I'm almost done!!

Return to “Post When You Can”