Marching Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Marching Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 am

And it's month three of this fine year!

Where are you "marching" to today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Marching Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:25 am

I'm up early this morning, have an 8:30 body work appt then I'll get groceries. I went to bed early last night - probably 8:30? Dh came in and immediately started with dd about her things on the stair way that need to be put away. Hardly a hello or how was your day, and I just shut down. Didn't want to watch the address to Congress anyway so it was a good choice.

Bad bad weather expected here today. Schools and university cancelled for the day. Strong storms beginning around noon into late afternoon; I'm glad I'm getting out early and then back home.

I need to get a quick shower, may get an McD breakfast on the way this morning.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 am

Waving to Twins and all who follow.

attempted to follow schedule today - and did that in the main.

Dishes are washed.
Some things tossed from bathroom.
Papers binned or shredded.
Played some tunes - attempted same at least - on recorder
Shorter walk as black clouds spitting had me take the center way home.
Time for b4 bed routine.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 am

I think I 'marched' all night, Twins. :roll: First I was doing taxes all night long (in my dreams) and then I was trying to get ants off everything. First came from dd and I doing our taxes last night I'm sure. We went T urbo T ax (and I have new found respect for you, Twins). I've always done a print out of all the figures and simply sent them to our tax man. Seemed like forever inputting all the 'extra' info but it's done and it's sent and we have a respectable return coming -both federal and state. I was exhausted when we finished. The ants part I'm sure came from dd walking into the kitchen after we finished taxes to only screech. There were tiny ants all over the floor. She sprayed over the whole thing and hopefully they're gone. At least they're not fire ants. That happens when it's been so dry. They've had those inside from time to time -not fun.

:roll: :| DD has a realtor coming Sunday afternoon. I know there's lots we can do and just hoping I'm up to it. Told her we'd take care of the 'great' room and our end and for her to concentrate on their room/bathroom. Believe me these are huge (both in amount of work and size). They have 2 walk-in closets, large bedroom and very large bath.

I'm waiting for time to take my other meds -oh! It is time! Have a lol going but need to put my meds up for the next week before I can even take them. Off I go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>marching.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:44 am

He might not be marching, but I'll be dancing. THE BABY IS COMING TODAY. :D :D :D
Dson and ddil are at the hospital, she has been induced. They have asked that everyone give them this time to themselves, they will text us when Jason has arrived and we can go down to the hospital to meet him.

In the meantime there's dailies to do and continue to get this house in shape.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:45 am

I have been up and busy for over 5 hours. Time goes by so fast when you're having fun.....or not. :)

My list for today includes....
** Homeschool day #134
** Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Decorate house for March
** Weekly declutter/cleaning = Pantry/cellar/Sunroom
** Bake Chocolate Chip cookies for tonight
** 4:00 pm - leave to prepare food for tonight
** 6:30pm - Meal & church service
B: Egg & Vegetables (DS8 - Cereal & Banana)
L: Salad with 10 toppings, rotisserie chicken
D: Sub sandwiches and potluck
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:04 am

I'm busy marching around with what I hope will be 'happiness'. Just heard from my doctor's office. He's okay with me going back on the diabetes pills rather than the insulin (Lantus). So I with a bit of nervousness took my first glipizide. I perhaps should have waited till tonight's dose but it's done now. Will be sure to test BS at lunchtime to gauge whether I need to eat more. And I'm hoping being back on these doesn't mess with my weight loss trend. Have lost 13# to date since I went in the hospital. DD's beginning to mention that I need to start thinking about capris that don't 'bag' on me. But I plan to wait a while. I probably have some here that I packed away as they were too tight.

In the meantime there's dailies to do and continue to get this house in shape.
Good luck with that one, Sadie. I would be a bundle of nerves and unable to really accomplish much. Congratulations btw and let us know when Jason has arrived safe 'n sound.

Need to get some passwords recorded somewhere. Sure would be nice if I could remember them without writing down somewhere.

Then I'm making a poda for things I really would like seen done before Sunday. Diving in>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 am

My marching will be to get ready for the 2 girls coming this afternoon. Change table cloth get stuff ready for some coimie baking. Daily tasks and floors need attn. Mopping is up.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 am

Good morning all! I have signed off and paid for the tax prep. Now, I just have to wait for my refund. It is substantial enough that I will use it to pay off all the "loans" I have taken from my savings account for the past two years. On the way to the concert, I get a call from the x. DD15 got the time wrong and it started 30 minutes earlier than either of us expected. I missed half of DD's performance and was sitting where I could not even tell what instrument she was playing. Then, I was stuck for the rest of the concert. Normally, this is not a problem, but with a raging migraine, I would not have enjoyed ANYONE'S music, not even my favorite bands. That makes the 4th day in a row. I THINK I have finally knocked it out with a combo of migraine meds + leftover pain meds from my foot surgery.

When I got home, I did nothing but the essentials + one LOL. I would have skipped the LOL but my lunch bag smells horrible. It still smells horrible and I probably need another. It's lasted many years, but is too gross now.

End of month will be a real test of our database and the accompanying reports I have been working on. I have numerous DPCs and will coordinate airline tickets to Hawaii with my traveling companion. Tonight is the Ash Wednesday service at church and I MAY be picking up some furniture. A friend wants space back and I need kitchen/dining room chairs. Win win. I should also see if she wants Cleo's meds. I need to do some serious email catchup at home, but have a tremendous case of the dowannas. I cannot get the locksmith to call me back and I have been trying for 6 days. My last message said if they cannot do it to please recommend someone who can.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Hello. Congratulations, Sadie! How Fun!

Monday as I was out running errands DH called. He'd had trouble getting a helper again, the temp agency didn't even call back. He was struggling and needed some equipment so I went up there and worked all afternoon.

Yesterday was another driveway we needed to pour and I'd said I would help him...but I said that before all this other work happened. We had to move trucks back from the country after we cleaned up that jobsite and unload a big truck before we went up there...so 8 hours hard work. I was so tired at the end of it I got down and couldn't get back up. My muscles are so sore today.

I can't understand why I don't lose an ounce working hard like this. It's not like I'm eating a bunch of stuff while I'm working...

And I was awake several times through the night for some stupid reason...so I ended up putting light on and finishing my book.

My house is in the same condition as when I did all that work day after day at 2H. I have started laundry but have so much had to divide just the work pants into 2 loads.

1 Hour at my desk and checks to the mailbox so that is good progress. Next: out to pick up Rx and a few groceries. We've been just eating leftovers. Better get going..

Return to “Post When You Can”