Thursday - Thoughts and action

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Thursday - Thoughts and action

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:23 am

Helia and I have been having spider conversations ...

Its Thursday - What is on the cards for you today?
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Re: Thursday - Thoughts and action

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 am

Thursday

I finally followed through with action for my sock and stocking/etc areas of my drawers. They are now consolidated into one drawer, with all my wool and wool blend socks bagged to go, as well as others no longer in my favour. I realise and declare I have no need to buy any more of these anytime soon.

I still need to find where I stashed some money previously residing there.

Tonight was week 1 of Lenten Studies. It was better than I imagined ...
Food for thought.

Action required - dishes to wash tonight.

World Day of Prayer in the morning. We are expected to take something to share.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:02 am

Hi everyone!!

I will be in action for a good part of the day.

First up is getting the garbage and recycling gathered up and bagged, then it is off to the end of the driveway we go.

Then I need to go get dh's truck and come home and put the stuff for the dump in to the back.

Then I need to go pick up a friend and put whatever she wants to take to the dump.

Together we will go to another friend's for a couple of hours of stitching.

Then it is off to the dump.

Supper tonight is pork chops in a mushroom soup gravy. I need to remember to fry a package of mushrooms for dh before they go bad.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 am

Good morning, gals. I'm very bleary eyed this morning. Didn't sleep from 2-6 and then just dozed a bit & awoke again. :? BS this morning was up to 140 but I'm not surprised. Had to eat more than usual last night to compensate for the low 60's. I was really crashing at that point. Dh told me nicely later that I looked like carp! (Thought of Carolina Miracle just now -she used to say that all the time. Some of you long timers will remember her.) Wish I had written down the date somewhere when I started with SHE. A long time ago. Know dgs23 was a toddler. So I'm sure I've been around nearly 20 years. And how I love our little village!

Think it's almost time for me to take my morning meds. Then on to breakfast. Need to get out and get some walking done. Didn't do very much yesterday -only 2,200 steps. But that was because of my battle with sugar lows. Hopefully today will be a much better day though it may take me a couple to readjust with my meds.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 am

Cathy- you have a busy day ahead of you! Your dinner plan sounds wonderful.

LadyM, what was the brand of cheese you used on the pizza?

Kraft Fat-Free Mozzarella. It is very low in WW points. I can put a whole cup of cheese on my flatbread based pizza. I use regular mozzarella cheese for DH and DS8 "normal" pizza (we buy this cheese in bulk at Sam's)

Fence project has hit a bump....a blooper. Last night discussion with DH -
Me" What size of a gate are you putting in between our yards for the kids to use?
DH" Six foot so they can borrow our lawn mower. (these neighbors have never borrowed our lawn mower)
Me: I didn't see the post set for the gate. Is the gate going to be located where the kids travel back/forth now?
DH: No. I'm putting the gate next to where we will be tearing out the existing chain link cross fencing.
Me: Silence........You're putting the gate for the kids to go/come in the middle of my vegetable garden????
DH: Silence....
We should have communicated better earlier in this project. Whoops. Post are 3' deep surrounded by concrete. Fence design change is not easy at this point. So my vegetable garden plans will be modified. Who knows? Sometimes things that seem wrong at first turn out to be wonderful.

My plans for today include -
Homeschool day #135
Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
11:15 -Lunch & recess at school
12:15 - DS8 to speech therapy
12-3pm - volunteering at school
4:30-8:30 roller skating
B: Egg & Vegetables (DS8 - Eggs & bacon + applesauce)
L: Eat at school (salad bar)
D: Homemade Chicken Nuggets & Potato Logs. I need portable food that is man friendly. Meat. Potatoes. This will be my first attempt making them healthier. I have a plan....now to see if it works.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:59 am

Good morning! I think I had coffee too late in the day yesterday and it took me awhile to get to reliable sleep last night. I am pleased with what I got done yesterday.

Ta-das from Wednesday:
-made dinner for me and dkids - meat loaf, baked sweet potatoes and salad
-browned additional ground beef for freezer
-body work, i. e. massage
-groceries, drug store, bank
-writing on the genealogy case I'm working on

Today I'm picking up dcousin at noon to go see dmom. DD may be going with us, too. Need to get rolling on a.m. routine...
-breakfast and meds
-clear kitchen counters, breakfast bar counter - wipe both down
-make the bed
-brush teeth, get cleaned up and dressed (not a shower day)
-clear kitchen table
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:22 am

Good morning I am up I have been out to feed the hens for my action. S2s x

OMM-
next up, then sewing the last few quilt blocks on this project. Evaluate the next ones I think I have enough for 2 others there are lots of grand kids lot snd step grands like making a list might be in order the other granny used to work in a quilt shop maybe I need to talk to her if I need help! :idea: but I do not want to get overwhelmed. /

It is supposed to be 51* here today so I will rake the front yard a bit more clean up is in order.
Ring ring ...
Kid day x2 here 2day.

Iffy on this 2day now

I need to empty out one pot for replanting this spring.
Nx wk. -
I have pots for reuse to take out to the green house for the FFA plant sale. When I got out next week.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Good morning everyone! I have managed to kill off the 4 day migraine. I had a bit of trouble getting to sleep because I no longer needed the meds with the sleepiness side effect. However, that will pass and I am very glad to be rid of it. It took a combo of migraine meds + leftover foot surgery pain meds. I mostly caught up on my home emails, only to find Chief Troublemaker is causing more grief. Originally, he said he would keep his two foster dogs until they were adopted, now he wants them out yesterday. Apparently, he was upset that we took in 8 dogs from a shelter instead of moving his two. The problem with his two is that individual fosters are allowed to decide what animal fits their household. He drove off our big dog fosters, and these two have special needs AND fight dogs other than themselves. They need to be split up, because they encourage each other to fight, but, surprise, we don't have fosters willing to take that on. The people who were willing to work with whatever came down the pike were driven out early on. Why were they driven away? Because they took in whatever needed them, they had hard to place dogs. Chief Troublemaker wanted animals that would place quickly and berated them constantly about the length of time their animals stayed in the system. The only one left who is not particular about what she gets is me, and my house is only suitable for adult cats. These two dogs will probably need to be boarded.

Yesterday, I arranged flights to Hawaii for me and my Traveling Companion. I went to the pancake dinner and Ash Wednesday service. Ran into some people I have not seen in ages. Found out they were having serious financial problems. Not something I can solve, obviously, but I do feel bad for them. Put my own financial annoyances in perspective.

Today, I have numerous DPCs. I want to find a different locksmith that will actually return my calls. Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD15, but is likely to be homework. We will call my parents about a summer visit and Sedona. Two more days until my stove comes!

ETA: Two DPCs complete!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Speaking of dreaded phone calls. Turns out dAunt doesn't like to make phone calls either! Even to her daughters to set up some time for us to all be together! She was kind of excited to hear she isn't the only person in the world with that problem.

I'm up and at it. Dh and I gave up on sharing a double bed and he moved to the other bed last night. We both slept better. We still disturbed each other (i.e. I woke up when he got up to go to the bathroom) but only with gross movement.

Today we are on our own. Lots of walking planned and trips to the thrift stores. Will get back here by 4.

Picked up another preaching gig up the valley and dh had already committed to playing music out in the villages so we'll have to rent a car that weekend. I've booked the hotel.

Next up, Lenten devotion.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:37 pm

My thought is that I should take some action around here...

It is so hard for me to get started.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”