Thursday - Thoughts and action

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sadie

Re: Thursday - Thoughts and action

Postby Sadie » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:59 pm

At work
Text ddil to see how Jason is doing. Had an ultra sound early this morning but nobody has discussed it with them. They are spending tonight at hospital.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:06 pm

Oh my goodness, helia! All the controls are opposite too? I hadn't thought about that.

I had a good visit w doom and dcousin today. Good to talk to cousin, she reminded me that mother's care by way of dbro might not be optimal, but she is content at home and dbro has a purpose in taking care of her.

Finally entering some of my recent research in my database program. I am trying to evaluate all the possible individuals for a marriage record and the family cluster is just too hard to visualize. I think they all married cousins!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Peeking in...

Twins you made me laugh...thats my exact problem. everyone married either their first or second cousin...no joke, but this was back in the 1700's and I guess there weren't that many people you could choose from LOL

So the names of everyone really get to me. Crispins married to Crispins with parents' named, maiden and married Crispins because THEY married first and second cousins. It enough to pull your hair out :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Lots of action here. I'll probably hit 15K steps today. I'm stiff though.

Off to listen to some bluegrass. This is somewhat like being on a cruise. We've been eating dinners at larger tables including other couples. Less formal than the cruise and the music isn't as good but it is enjoyable.

The walk today was a success. Dh and I are trying to eat less so we shared a grilled cheese at lunch and then I bought some veggies and hummus to have for an afternoon snack. Both of us had a light dinner (I had a lamb burger without the bun, he had a BLT) and we split the dessert.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Helia - stay safe on the roads. steering wheel is not on the curb side is a prompt.
Here - Column signals of lights on the right, blinkers and indicators to the left side vary with source of the car, as above for Asian cars, and are reversed for UK and possibly European cars. So DD's household with an older bmw and newer Nissan needs a little thought, not that I drive either.
Remembering - My old Chrysler was reversed so maybe that is it. Not sure I've driven a ford.

Rang dd2.

World day of Prayer today. Philippines provided the service. There is much to pray for, for the people of that country. I have a new appreciation for those parents who feel forced to work away, internationally separated from a family they are attempting to feed, house and educate.
There are many Philippine 'brides' in this country, and locally.
A Parish Member told her story, and of the fundraising she has done to help her 'home' hospital, cleft palate surgery visits by Aussie medicos, education, etc etc. And helped W Qld drought affected one year too.

library

grocery shopping.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:55 am

Just had one child here today that helped. Dgd is going to be coming on Mon. & Wed. After school. We are planning one or two field trips this summer if the car is going to the visitors centors a fun outing I hope to draw and we can picnic as well maybe. Got too see dgson briefly he has grown 6" in 6 mo. Is taller than hubby feet are size 12 now and he is in jr hi he is pushing 6'!
He wanted to see the hens and got along really well with the dog. :mrgreen:
They are looking forward to seeing the chicks.
Dd said she is getting used to working and it seems to be goinf well.

Dson called today also had a great talk with him and connected and sharted recient news.

More thoughts than action happened here today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:31 am

I'm so sore. Took an Aleve and am trying to figure out where to plug in my heating pad so I'll be able to sleep.

Tomorrow will be a day in the car. We are headed to Marin to see two of the cousins at lunch. It will be a short visit but at least we'll get to see them.

Next time we come we'll be more cognizant of the concept of 'weekend.' They are all still working so we should have planned to visit over the weekend. Instead, we leave here on Saturday morning.

Return to “Post When You Can”