Fabulous Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:19 pm

Dee, the Florida as-is realtor contract is NOT really as-is. What that means is the seller isn't guaranteeing to fix anything, or warranty everything as perfect. What we found out is the buyer can still opt to get a house inspector to look and do a report, and they can still ask the seller to fix or take that $ off the contract price, and they can still tell the seller there's too much wrong we're going to walk away. I don't know why they call those contracts as-is.

Be aware that realtors will try to hurry things up, get you to sign a contract and run around and take pictures asap without letting you get your ducks in a row first. I wouldn't sign the contract until you are absolutely ready to have those pictures taken. They won't take them before they get the signature. But once she signs, they'll rush to get it on the market.

I've been working on this accounting all day. I finally got a balance sheet and a profit and loss done. It was really hard. I tried to follow the tax forms but couldn't do it for the P&L. I had an old P&L I'd used in 2007 so I followed that format and just made a new spreadsheet.

Really messed up my computer clicking on a link with explanations about accounting forms. Got out of that after 3 tries. It wanted me to call a ph. # to get my comp. unstuck, but it wasn't a very sophisticated virus because I never really downloaded anything and I was able to get out of it. Ran a couple scans and it didn't find anything and all is operating nicely again. Now I'm just afraid to look at any information.

I was just lucky I found that old form I had. I think it was one I'd put together from somebody's quick book's p&l. Whatever works, right?!

Never had dinner, no daily stuff done either. I did stop and take my neighbor up to get his truck. Poor guy, he had to pay $400.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 pm

I just had to stop by and give y'all some good news about DD15. She was accepted as a camp counselor at the music camp she loved so much last year! This was the application she had to do over Christmas break at my parents' house. She was all worried that it might interfere with the summer trip planned with my parents, but I assured her we had not even discussed dates yet. I also had her call my parents and tell them she got her first job. (Not a paying job, exactly, but it comes with a week of work + a week of free music camp, so I would consider it a job). Her application specified that she wanted to make sure that kids who were being excluded got included and described herself as being able to tell from her own experiences in school. I can't remember whether she called herself autistic or not.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:54 am

Dinner was steak again for me. Why not go with a known success?! Skipped dessert at dinner and headed straight to bingo. We had 5 cards between the 4 of us and three were winners, including me who one the bit prize at the end of the evening, $11. Tried to pay back dAunt for the cards but she refused. She also managed to pay for lunch.

After that, I started a load of laundry and we visited while that was one.

The laundry is done and put away. We won't have to do any for the rest of the trip.

Dh is almost ready for bed. I'll get ready quickly and get under the covers. We'll head out of here around 11 tomorrow but first it will be breakfast as usual at 8:20.

helia

Postby helia » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:08 am

Lunch with dfriends was lovely. I like how there are businesses, like this restaurant, hidden in the middle of largely residential neighborhoods. We sat outside. It was perfect, not too warm and certainly not cool. It was good to catch up with these friends who are originally from the UK. We met them in Austin, TX, actually. Their oldest ds and our ds met in their K class and hit it off, being rather similarly wired as budding engineers who loved to read. We had many play dates together back then. Then, this couple moved here to Adelaide where he is now a professor in geophysics, though I think his area of research has migrated toward something more business-y and psychological. They were extremely helpful when we did our sabbatical here 9 years ago.

Interesting trivia, though you clever ones may already know it. Orange carrots are a Dutch contribution to the world of vegetables. They were cultivated in the national color of the Netherlands to honor the House of Orange. William of Orange helped unite the Dutch against some enemy, I thought -- I thought it was the Spanish but now I think the Spanish Inquisition was earlier. Anyhow, William of Orange is a figurehead to the Dutch. Thus, at Olympics and soccer events, they often wear orange. Fans too. IMHO, orange is not a becoming color on the standard fair complexioned Dutch person, but that's not the point. And the Dutch have many immigrants who do look good in orange.

Congratulations to dd15, Elizabeth! Is she helping out the percussionist campers?
I took a long nap today too, Kathryn. Mine was 2 hours. Now I feel kind of meh.
Thinking of baby Jason, Sadie.
Nice to see LadyM is hosting her Friday night small group.
There was more I had wanted to say to you all, but now I can't remember.

We had sausages, salad, and a bit of rice for dinner. The kitchen is clean, and Dh is now ready to go to bed at 8:30 pm. I napped from 5 - 7 pm, so I'm not ready. We're planning to leave the house before 6 a.m. tomorrow morning to drive to the beach to get in our early morning jog before church. We'll need to leave here for church at 10 a.m. That should work.

I'm going to vacuum at least the living areas before we go to bed. We're dragging in a lot of dirt from outside. The patio here is overshadowed by several eucalyptus trees, and they're rather messy trees. There's no doormat to help catch the dirt.

Return to “Post When You Can”