Fabulous Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:50 pm

My day is off sequence but is still being productive. I went to the grocery story at 7:30 am giving DS8 a bit more sleep before starting school.

I am giving up FB surfing until Easter. I can't give up FB completely because I'm the administrator of about a dozen groups. However, I CAN and will give up being on FB without a purpose (no surfing). I will continue to use FB messenger because it is also full groups that use that method to communicate with each other. The way I use FB groups & messenger is not a time waster but a time saver (IMHO). However, I spend waaaayyy too much time scrolling through the FB feed that is a time waster. That's the part I'm giving up.

This morning DH came in from building the fence and asked me to show him where I would prefer the back gate to be located. I showed him a 20' area of the fence line that I would prefer. He is now in the process of moving several of the fence support posts to put the gate in my choice of location. After 43 years of marriage, we have learned how to solve a disagreement peacefully. I informed him of my concerns with his choice of gate location on Wednesday and then hushed about it. Happy Wife....Happy Life. Just Saying.....

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool day #136
** Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning - Bathrooms
** Prep finger foods and drinks for tonight
6:30 pm - Friday Night Gang here. We are having a few extras tonight. I think the count is now at 16 people.

B: Egg & Vegetables (DS8 - cereal & banana)
L: Salad with 10 toppings, shredded chicken wraps
D: Friday Fries & Hamburger
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Conga is continuing well. House looks fine. Laundry still not finished, but otherwise good. Even my breakfast/brunch dishes done.

HRH will be coming through shortly with another man who had left his car here. HRH is driving. I'm sure they'll come inside.

I've had a breakfast of berries and oatmeal, and then a brunch of greens smoothie with the neighboring kale in it :) so this is on track, too.

Meant to say that yesterday I cooked more of the carrots gift (there are yellow and orange variety both) with just a bit of brown sugar and it was such a good dish, pretty. Also slaw of cabbage, bit of the scallions. HRH picked up hush puppies on his way home (yes, he will go to a restaurant pick-up door and just order hush puppies! ) and that was fun, though oily. Can't believe how many carrots there still are - maybe dd can eat some up when she comes home!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:55 pm

I gave up one smart tv upstairs for lent. KidN is here now. Cookies & deviled eggs made.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Lunch eaten, may not have been enough. Report problem fixed. The users suggested we wait until next month, but they got same day turnaround. My headache is trying to come back and I am hoping Advil works. I really don't need this. No dinner with friend, we are meeting a week from today instead. I have not even thought about Lent, beyond attending service Wednesday. Perhaps I should give up being argumentative in Sunday Night Sinners. However, that would mean sitting idly by while others endorse heresy, so maybe not a good idea. (It's a Methodist class, held at a Methodist church, with Methodist church members attending. Is it really so shocking that some of us hold and even express Methodist beliefs?)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:44 pm

Oh I so need a whole day to conga around here. Not going to happen today.

I'm not having a great day. Had to take my neighbor up the street to leave his car there and I brought him back, having brakes fixed and they had sold their other car and are stuck. Glad to help.

Working on bookkeeping and got everything all completed and called cpa...and he says he has no idea when he'd get to my reports because he's so busy. Said for me to do them and he'd look them over and sign off on them. Great. Another job for me, now I have to look at the information and update from last year's tax report...

Stayed on phone long long time with county till someone answered and they finally found out where my lost papers are (stuffed down inside of the packet instead of just on top like they should have been) and that project is ready to go. Called customer so she'll know we just didn't forget her... DH running around doing things, calling every once in a while with more for me to do.

Ok, I better get back to work.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:57 pm

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know that I did not crash the car yesterday! In fact, I drove so much that I'm becoming much more comfortable with it.

The wildlife park yesterday was a lot of fun! The enclosures are very large, so large you can't see the full perimeter of the fence once you're in. People are free to co-mingle with the animals, mainly roos, wallabies, and emus. In one area, a young kangaroo hopped right up to me, insisting that he was starving. LOL! I had bought a bag of feed, and I fed him from my hand. The highlight was holding a koala, though. The handlers constantly fed the koala eucalyptus leaves, and they swapped the koalas out after 5 - 10 photos, depending on the age and temperament of the koala. The koala was actually very soft and easy to hold, like a baby. We were told to initially stand really still and to keep our arms at our sides, like a tree, and let the koala climb onto us. Then, we put one arm under its bum for support and the other around it to hold it. Lofty, my koala, is 2 years old, so fairly young, and he weighs about 8 kg. He was a pretty mellow fellow, more mellow than the previous Koala, Murray.

What was not fun was that my maps app initially took me to the wrong place, a well known hike in the same mountainous area east? of the city. It took me about 40 minutes to get there. I couldn't believe it when I realized what had happened!! I was pretty irritated. I punched in the animal park again, and this time it took me to the correct place, but that took another 28 minutes. SO. . lots of driving. I did buy a stuffed koala for toddler J, so that is done.

Dinner with friends was great. They now go to a different church. They have 4 kids, ages 16 - 25?, I think. And they've started fostering children, so they have 3 girls as well, 7mo, 7yo, and 8yo. So, they still have 5 kids at home. They're my age. They're really passionate about fostering, even though the 2 older girls have significant issues b/c of a really traumatic abusive home life before. They came to them at ages 3 and 4. This couple is amazing, that's all I can say. Wow. And their faith is so evident, just woven into the very woof and fiber of their beings. They approach fostering in a faith-filled way.

The meal was good too, with some typical Australian fare, like lamb chops on the bbq and pavlova for dessert. I commented that I'd heard pavlova was a NZ dessert, and then she said THAT is a big debate, whether that dessert is Australian or from New Zealand. I think both countries claim it. I had heard that before -- but had forgotten about that squabble. LOL!

We're moving our long run to tomorrow b/c we didn't get a good night's sleep b/c we got home too late last night. And dh hasn't figured out water for the run yet.

SO, goals for today:
1. morning stuff
2. quick groc. store run
3. figure out dd18's tickets home for spring break; she's found some and is getting antsy to get that done
4. vacuum the apt.
5. lunch with friends H and S
6. an outing? -- not sure which one
7. take care of dd18's magazine subscription
8. work on the photo project
9. dinner: sausages on the grill, rice, some sort of veggie

Dh has been on conference calls since 5:30 this morning. It is now 7:30 a.m.

I'm off to get the a.m. routine done!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:04 pm

KidN came w balket slippers today the mom's new boyfriend dropoed her off. So we changed shoes out after dry cereal & did a walk, every one was tired after that even the ddog! Lol.

Joined a rock group ofter finding a rock it was painted & seal coated they hide em post when found then re-hide em! Such fun was having a down day till then. We have been gathering rocks to do this. Was not sure what is was about. On the bottom of the rock was directions.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:36 pm

Taking a break to put my feet up. I keep evaluating whether to go ahead and have surgery on my foot or continue to put up with it. If I have surgery, I was told to expect 2 weeks of keeping the foot elevated above the heart, 3 weeks on crutches and up to 6 weeks for recovery. I could probably talk myself into that, but there is about a 30% chance of reoccurrence so the surgery & weeks of recovery would be for nothing. Hummm.... I think it will have to become more painful before I take that gamble.

I've prepared several finger foods for tonight. I prepared a big vegetable tray with 8 kinds of vegetables and 2 kinds of dip. I also prepared bowls of seedless grapes, fig cookies and crackers (wheat thins). Drinks are simple - coffee, bottles of water and several types of flavored water. Over the years I have tried different drinks but these are consistently the ones they drink.

House is ready as it is going to get. It is decorated with spring theme including several St Patrick day decorations. I spent an hour cleaning the bathrooms so they look and smell a-okay.

Next up - cook hamburgers and fries
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Picked up dh's hearing aids today. So far he's very happy with them. Also got a phone thing that he can answer phone calls through & he's really happy with that. He asked if a friend from church had called for an appointment. Was told he had and then they told him that he'd be getting a 'referral' gift card. Not sure how much.

DD mentioned that when the realtor comes Sunday that a photographer is coming too. I was not ready for that. I've been trying to slowly do some rehab here but it's nowhere near ready for photos. :( Guess they're going to try to list it 'as is' but she doesn't want to have to come home this summer to pack up to move. And I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to do the work involved with getting us ready to move.

Praying for dJason, Sadie.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Great visit with 2 cousins. Lovely day for a drive and we beat the weekend traffic out of Marin.

Had a long nap. Time for dinner now.

Return to “Post When You Can”