Fabulous Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 am

Time to be fabulous! Weave through your day - whether it's your household chores or outside the home - and conga along. Fruity headpieces are optional.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:35 am

I need to do the usual straighten up for dcleaning lady. Worst part is laundry room - dd has been doing her laundry and left it "in progress." I might just move it all over and store it in the garage until she comes for it. :lol:

I think the family plan is to have a family dinner out tonight after services. Ds has been back on the day shift this week and will do a split shift next week where he goes to work around 11 a.m. or noon, and gets off late in the evening, so we won't see much of him again. But it's better than the night shift.

Not a lot of plans for the weekend - tomorrow I am meeting a cousin at a local cemetery for her to tell me all about the unmarked graves there. I've been there before but without a guide. I believe my grandfather is buried there - the one who died in 1926 - and is unmarked. I'm trying to be nice to this cousin - I'd like another look at the family bibles she has. I made copies and transcribed maybe 10 years ago but the copies have faded over time. This time around, I'd take photos. Of course, she may have passed them down already.

Getting ready to conga around the house, looking for the Carman Miranda hat to wear!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:12 am

:? Good morning, Twins. (and all who come into 'town' later).

Hoping today is going to be ultra fabulous. We leave in about 90 minutes to go get dh's new hearing aids. Hopefully everything that we've learned there is true and the price remains the same or I'll have one very unhappy dh (and me too). I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to him being able to hear.

Dh and dd went to the hockey game in Orlando last night. She ended up being "goal judge" and there was one big controversy over one of our home team's goals. Of course dd was in the middle of that. Ended up and shown plainly on the replays that the goal went in off a skate so it wasn't a goal. Dd didn't even go upstairs after the game after that one. :roll:

Okay.....off to breakfast. Trying so hard to get this next pound off. :?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:40 am

Conga-ing through the sweeping in the front rooms and the swishing in the front bathroom.

Twins' Mom, that's great that you and she will have the trip to re-understand markers. I'm sorry your copies faded over time but maybe there already are photos and if not, your offer could provide for more than just you and your cousin, anyway. That would actually be a nice offer, to photograph. I'm sure cousin knows you would be a good choice to do it.

I want to ask my cousin which ancestor it would have been who molded bricks for our 200-and-something year-old sanctuary. He'll know better which of 2 names I'm thinking (mother/daughter), was the one. She would have 5 descendants in 3 generations still in attendance. He could also shed some light on names of other women. These are not just on view as someone approaches our church but also as we sit in the sanctuary, since we see them there on front and back upper walls. The history is that the women of the church gathered for work days to mold the bricks in preparation for building, though of course both men and women worked together and jobs were shared throughout the project. But I intend to know how to POINT, quite literally, to the contribution of those women of the church from now on.

Sadie, your darling new little one is on my mind, today. What a blessing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:05 am

Ddog was exhausted after all the activity yesterday she seems fine today. They are cleaning the streets here this week.my bs was way up this morning, felling a bit puny. Reading how dogs think.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:14 am

The history is that the women of the church gathered for work days to mold the bricks in preparation for building, though of course both men and women worked together and jobs were shared throughout the project. But I intend to know how to POINT, quite literally, to the contribution of those women of the church from now on.

I love this, Harriet!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:44 am

Good morning. A fairly good sleep thanks to the Aleve. I was semi awake from 3 a.m. onwards but that's a problem with hunger and jet lag still. I had slept for 5 solid hours, got up to pee and then dozed until 7. I should have had a glass of milk to help me get back to sleep.

I've s2s and am having tea and chocolate now. Breakfast is in 20 minutes but I have to dry my hair still.

Dh bought two Hawaiian shirts yesterday. I warned him one was too baggy but he got it anyway. It is. My cunning plan, instead of objecting strongly, was to take it for myself. If I can convince him it can't be made smaller, I might have scored a shirt!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Happy Friday everyone! And happy payday to me. I did manage to get through yesterday without a recurrence of the four day migraine. Probably because DD15 and I ate at our favorite Chinese buffet and I stuffed myself. Not eating enough or not eating at the right times are a sure fire way to trigger a migraine. My doctor says I am the only patient he has ever counseled not to cut down on sugar and to maintain constant high levels of it at all times. Speaking of doctors, yesterday, I made an appointment with the one who did my foot surgery last fall. By now, the swelling should be gone. It's not. It rarely hurts (and when it does adjusting shoelaces is the cure) and it is significantly improved, but I will feel better once he has looked at it.

DD and I called my parents about a summer trip to Sedona. They may not make it, because, get this, my dad may be up to his ears in WORK! My dad is 80! Apparently, his customers do not intend for him to slow down. That being said, I am truly grateful for parents who CAN travel, schedule permitting. I told them that my brothers and families are also welcome on this venture. However, one brother has a family of six making it expensive to travel and the other is not likely to be financially able either. Not even for my no-luxury, stay-in-campgrounds type trip.

I realized last night that my stove is NOT coming tomorrow, but next weekend. I am so ready to be able to cook! I may need to pick up some already cooked turkey from the BBQ place. Other potential errands tonight are: replace stinky lunchbox and the perennial quest for brown pants. I'm thinking of calling a friend for dinner. I still need to do bills and budget. I've already handled one DPC.

Congratulations to Sadie and family. Jason is in my prayers.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:21 pm

I have a plan for dinner it is pizza nite here.
Shook rogs & swept kit. & dining room plus hall, spiffed up the bath room, made the bed.

H calked 2x once to say he might have to work Sat. And again a bit later to say he for sure was working he missed Mon. So he was the one w out 40 hrs boss is cutting back on ot.

The bakery we used to have guild meetings at got sold new owners raised prices folks stopped coming in and the closed is what one person said.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Trying to keep up with everything here is difficult.

Got back from breakfast and there was a FB pm from a cousin of dh's asking for our phone number since her mom couldn't get ahold of us.

We called her from here (my US cell phone has time to burn before it expires in a few months) and she has a rare form of cancer and wanted us to know she was in treatment for the next year.

This is another reason to be thankful for FB, and for me to be happy I didn't give it up for Lent this year as I did last year!

Return to “Post When You Can”