Always learning Saturday.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Always learning Saturday.

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:42 pm

D Lucy it's not whining- it's sharing w people who understand ❤
And I can see why your exhausted ❤
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:43 pm

Happy early birthday to your dh d lilac!! Enjoy the movie - please share later how u liked the movie :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:28 pm

Lilac, tell your daughter I would rather have laminate than carpet any day. If the laminate is in good condition, even if it's a different shade than the other rooms. One can always lay a nice room size carpet (rug) in there. I hear that said all the time on TV, too.

(Lucylee and DH). It is time he found some answers. This has been going on quite some time. I wouldn't worry about the house right now. Just the basics to keep afloat, you can catch up when things get calmer. That's what I'm trying to do today.

Folded and put away couple LOL. Have sheets going now, my clothes washed and hung also. I spread out the down blanket I washed as it's still smelling a little like a wet dog, so I know there's some dampness inside. When it gets totally dry it gets fluffier and no odor. Then I'll put it in the bin till next year.

Went through a couple stacks of papers and threw a bunch out. Emptied the big can in the office, was stuffed full. Corralled my papers from yesterday's work. Office desk and dining room table and kitchen counter now clear. Still no word from cpa.

Ran dishwasher, emptied, polished few pieces of stainless flatwear that had rust spots. How does that happen? All shiny now.

Ok, another round...

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Congratulations to Harmony's dgs 8-)
and
Congratulations to Elizabeth's dd 8-)

So cool 8-) to think of young people embarking on adventures and being appreciated.

"Always learning" for me today:
1) learning how to do paperwork I should NEVER have had to do
2) learning how important it is to say NO in the first place

Trying to think of quick words to explain what all I've done today, so just popped back to last year where I posted:
a bunch of business scanning and filing and emailing. Yuck.

Amen to that "yuck".
Noticed that on that day back then, just about the only other thing I got done was posting the "Eagle Cam" from Wash DC for Norma. Is it close to that time of year again, I wonder? A little early, I think.

In prep for potential company I've given the kitchen a cleaning. Looks neat. ish.

Spring break-
dd will be asking for a ride home from me this afternoon. She'll be home for 4 days, maybe? Then returns briefly and is back home without spending a night. Don't know how long the break actually is.

I'd like to post a photo or two from her portfolio submission in A,C and N, but can't extract individual ones from the submission she copied to me. Maybe she can show me a way. The junior in the College of Art and Architecture, who helped her double-check that her submission would work on Macs, assured her the portfolio made her a "shoo-in" and compared it with his current work. She saw some of his and believes he is being kind, but thanked him for helping with the butterflies in her tummy! He is here from Brazil but speaks English fluently. (He must, to know "shoo-in".)

Checked that Eagle Cam in Wash and there is a 2017 egg, so the time is not too far away.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Back from the store, walked the he dog in snow mixed w rain.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:41 pm

I learned how to get my data to work on my phone. And I did it all by myself. I had turned off 'data while roaming' so it would not let me use data even though I have a package now.

On our way to Aptos now. Have finally hit traffic and we are no where near the slow highway yet!

Had a wonderful stay with dAunt. It was hard to leave her. She is a special person in this world.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:42 pm

I went right over and checked them (Liberty and Justice) out. I will keep watch on them also. The Decorah, Iowa birds have 3 eggs now. I checked them and the wind is blowing hard there. It seems to be always blowing.

In San Jose Clara and Fernando the peregrine falcons have 4 eggs. :D They are in a box on top of City Hall and well sheltered. This is Clara's 11th year to lay eggs. I have watched since the very 1st year. She is a real trouper and everyone loves her. We will go down in May and then we will see them in the air, Clara and Fernando showing them how it is done.

Clara has had nearly 50 eggs - some have died or just disappeared to other places but our spotters see some of them still flying the skies of the Bay Area. They are banded so spotters can read the bands. :)

Thanks Harriet for telling me about Liberty and Justice. :)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Harriet, I bookmarked the Flying S kunk F arm link that you had the other day. I still haven't looked at it because I already follow the D ecorah and Decorah North eagle sites. One of the moderators on the DN site was always talking about bears. I checked it out last July and was hooked. It is Katmai National Park site on explore.com (I think, off the top of my head). I loved watching those bears and spent way.................more time than I should have until they all went to den with the last leaving in early November.

Better go. Dd1 wants to walk.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Hey -- I learned something!
I learned that just bc dh opens his eyes and talks to me, that doesn't mean he wants ME to talk to HIM.
LOL.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 pm

Checked into the motel. Have decided to not pay the $50 extra for full kitchen use. We are only here three nights and would have to save $17 per day to break even. Breakfast is included so we don't need cutlery and bowls for that. Lunch is over today and dh doesn't have lunch anyway. So I think we'll be fine. A trip to the dollar store for plastic plates if we decide to do a cooked chicken is all we'll need.

The weather has turned glorious. Lots of people on the beach and our even in the pool of the hotel (which is 100 feet from the beach.)

I guess I need to get settled in so we can go for a walk. We also will need to buy milk for snacks.

Return to “Post When You Can”