STEADFAST SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: STEADFAST SUNDAY

Postby Lynlee » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:17 pm

Woohoo Dee. Fingers crossed for whatever is right for the Dee and DD's families.

I've done some PU PA LOLs, Dishes , Catchup this morning. Somewhat steadfastly.
Waiting for a helper - probably someone new. Then this afternoon is a MH support group I want to go to. Hoping the worker is not too long coming as I need a bath/wash hair and had factored in time between helper leaving and time for otd.
If I knew when she would be here if not now, I could work around that.

LM - you are steadfast in so many ways. So many people expect you to be steadfast for them.
Hope DS8 knows he can read or do sums or whatever if he wants. At his age I was schooling all the toys. Made teaching aids and all.

I'm not sure how dd is going with home schooling. She says something is happening but she sure isn't on the LM program. o lynlee stop judging. Their monkeys. Their ball game. I suspect there are child anxieties I don't know about, both student and teacher. G*d be with can be my only prayer.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:27 pm

First thing at church the minister called me over and told me about a property issue with town/ordinances/development that he'd only just heard of last night. We talked a good bit about the call he'd gotten. I made some comments regarding the type of meeting he'd heard was happening tomorrow night, and the next required steps for the town, etc. Then said I wasn't sure who in our church would be point man on nearby property issues. He said in a long, drawn out phrase, "Weeeelllll, I thiiiink it would be Harriet." Humorous. In fact, very funny how all of a sudden I should be a leader.

By the time of church service I'd thought it out well enough to explain some points about zoning in our area to those who were interested - minister, a couple deacons and a couple elders. Thankfully one of the elders already has to be at the meeting for another reason, so I may be off that hook as far as a physical presence at meeting.

Ultimately, after HRH and I looked over the info ourselves at home online, we found out all kinds of differences between what the minister understood from the call and what's actually going on - the proposal is much farther along through the town meetings process.

Dee, do you mean dd hopes not to come back to this same house after summer but to a new house?

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Whoa, what a day. Dh and I went to G olden C orral for their breakfast buffet. The french toast and cinnamon roll were so tough I had to use a knife. The pancake was awful and I didn't know you could ruin a pancake. The eggs were cold, etc., blah, blah. Now we remember why we hadn't been to the breakfast buffet in at least 10 years. At least their lunch and supper buffets are still delicious. Once we got home I had to make the cake and cupcakes. While they were cooling I straightened up the rest of the house. Then frosted the cake and cupcakes. Everyone got here and we had the cake and ice cream sundaes. After that the 3 younger kids went outside. A little girl 2 doors down is a schoolmate and friend of dgd5s, so when she seen they were here she came down. They ran in and out, it has been so dry and dusty that they drug in dust everytime they came in. By the time they left the hardwood floors showed footprints everywhere. I used my microfiber mop and got the worst of it. Then there were scuff marks from their shoes, so I used my trusty S queaky C lean spray and vanished the scuffs. I was sure glad that I hadn't spent the time cleaning that I had intended to. Dh watched the race this afternoon and by the time it was over, he said he was too tired to go to the movie. So I picked up supper from P opeye's, chicken for him and shrimp for me. The dishes are washed and I am pooped. Dh loved his gifts from me and I was positive he would.

I think that dd2 and dsil got the majority of their stuff moved this weekend. I will probably go over tomorrow and get started on the kitchen. I miss them living down the street but I will be glad when the house is ready to show and hope it sells quick.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Sounded like a happy birthday party for DH, Lilac. I'm sure it is hard for you to see your family move away.

I did not go to church today, I was very tired still from all the work yesterday. I intended to watch the sermon online but did not even get to that. I did do a couple more loads of laundry and got everything from yesterday folded up and put away. I cannot believe all the laundry I've had to do lately. It is all caught up now.

Thanks for the answers about pulling out appliances. I don't feel so bad now. But I did think about pulling out the bottom drawer in the stove to see if I can get to the floor that way. I did that once with my dresser and could see most of it underneath.

Small group tonight and I had volunteered to bring the snack. Spent all afternoon making 2 apple pies. Used canned apple filling but I made the crust from scratch. When we came home I cleaned up whole kitchen.

I love the word steadfast. Strength of character. With perseverance. That's what it means to me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Harmony: pulling out the drawer was the way I got to the underside of my stove. My fridge is on rollers so I can pull it out if so inclined. Used to do so at least quarterly when the kids were small. Now I never do. Of course, now the coils are on the bottom (which reminds me I haven't done them in a long time, surprised it is my job since I don't own the fridge.)

Lazy day here. We had a walk in the morning but then rain came. Went for a drive in the afternoon. I was excited to see a Target but the shelves were quite empty. Like they were in Canada before they went bankrupt. Eventually ended up at a KMart, which I'm guessing is now overstock for Sears. Anyway, picked up a bath toy for ds and some nail polish remover.

Was hoping to get cheap coloured pens for my bullet journal but every place I've been is about 30 - 50% more than home. Actually, so far the only thing I've found less expensive than home was some Lindt chocolate at a clearance store. Even gas costs more here than home. I seriously wonder how people manage to live here if you don't have a great job in the high tech sector. Housing is insanely expensive and everything else is expensive too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:23 am

Happy birthday to Mr Lilac!

I should change my name to LUNAR Lucy. ;)
After a long nap this afternoon, and after Wmart and supper, I finally told dh I needed the computer and
** TA-DA **
I completed my 100 pets online coaching for insurance discount...
(That took FOREVER! No wonder it's worth $50 a month! SMH)
Printed the form I have to take to doctor for check-up...
Typed minutes for teacher org...
Typed minutes for church council..
Updated dmom's med list
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”