MONDAY MANTRA

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: MONDAY MANTRA

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm

"One step at a time" is my mantra.
Payroll begins in bit.
S2s x
Qt x
Journaling underway now.
Spiff bed x.
Oops I posted in the wrong thread moved this & deleted the other one.

Got rocks over coat spraided on.
Hens chores are current collected mail. Did not get the letter out in time today it will have to wait.

Lunch is over.
It is 48* & windy out here a bit cool.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:56 pm

My mantra will be Medical Monday.
Dh is going back to family doctor... he's just getting worse and ds is really getting worried about him, according to ddil. He's just hoping regular doctor can do something to get this fluid off before he goes back to cardiologist next week.
I'm trying not to worry, but I am probably just in denial.

In a 2-for-1, however, I'm going to get my blood work done for my annual checkup while we're there... so I've had to fast all day... and the only way I could do that was to sleep all morning... so I'll GMAT now that it is almost 2:00 pm.
Appt is at 3:00.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:50 pm

Oops.

Meant to walk to the end of the beach and come back.

Low tide meant the beach didn't end. We walked to Capitola. Lovely place except we have to walk back and there is not enough time to make it by beach so it will be a longer walk back over land. It was 3 miles here and 4 back.

I have had a snack and we will head out in a minute.

I don't want a full lunch at this point. Hope that is the right decision.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:51 pm

LucyLee- I'm so glad your DH is going back to doctor. He needs his sleep to get better. ((((Hugs)))

Harmony - you made me laugh! Cleaning under stove/refrig is easy and quick. Keeping up with paperwork is the opposite! You have already done your 2016 taxes. I seem to be ignoring ours for some reason. I consider you FAR FAR more organized than myself.

I washed the baseboards in the kitchen and small dining area. Also took the vent/fan/light hood apart that is over the stove and cleaned it.

It has taken me awhile to accomplish but I now have the rest of 3rd-grade lessons planned for Math, Reading, Spelling and Grammar. Detailed planning for the year was IMPOSSIBLE for me to do when we started homeschooling. I struggled to do the daily planning and it seemed to take me forever to work my way up to weekly planning. Now that seems like I am wearing blinders by only looking a week ahead and I want to see the big picture broken down into pieces. I'll start working on the yearly plans for the rest of the subjects ASAP.

I cooked the Cowboy Grub recipe and put it in the refrig. It is the type of meal that the taste improves after the flavors meld together. Although, it tasted pretty good now. IMHO. :)

I have been wearing my hair down loose the last couple of days. It feels kinda weird to have it touching me. I find myself stopping to see what is touching me over and over. My hair is almost to my waist now. Having it down & loose means it keeps getting caught in the bend of my elbow when I'm doing things. I'm not used to flipping my hair out of the way. I have been pondering cutting my hair short. But long hair is just so easy. And I like only spending a couple minutes on my hair each day. Hum.....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:18 pm

"long hair is just so easy"

yes, agreed. By the time I get around to a hair appt ... ... sigh... ...

((lucylee, dh, ds)) frustrating and kinda threatening thing to be happening. You all deserve better.

Sadie's charming grandson is available for oohing and aahhing.

Cue The Stars and Stripes Forever by John Phillip Souza, heavy on the cymbals! (winking at Elizabeth)

The sorry, no-account insurance company has admitted they owe me my money!!! And, at least from this one representative, has admitted that any father has a right to insure his child under his insurance policy without fear that the mother's policy will be penalized, or vice-versa. Also that many teens have to get jobs and insure themselves, and it's not their relatives' business. So, just because you insure somebody doesn't mean you automatically get to pounce on their unsuspecting teenager! Still no refund :roll: because gee, maybe over the next SIX MONTHs I will owe them enough that they would have the right (?) to keep my money during that time. :| Of course I would NEVER mention the name of this insurance agency, not for the whole WIDTH and breadth of the NATION would I do that.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:08 pm

:) at Harriet's insurance company hint.

So -- getting blood work for dh and new chest x-ray -- and doubling dosage of Lasix.
Tomorrow is another day.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:17 pm

HURRAH!!! I'm back, I'm back! Finally we have a working phone and internet again! Joe, The Man from The Company was here on Saturday morning for two hours and twice today for an hour each time. We now have a new line from pole to the house, a new phone jack inside and a new modem! He said the friendly neighborhood squirrels were snacking on our wires! He also had to work on a junction box up the street and around the corner from us. He also had a few conversations with Another Man from their home office involved!

:lol: Harriet!

I've missed being here. I tried to cuop on my phone, but didn't want to use the data; it is a limited plan. It will take a while to cuop from a week ago. I just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone! Now I'm off to see what I have been missing......
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Love that hint!
KidN is leaving in a few min. dgd will arrive shortly after. :roll:

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Monday
caught up with undone regular jobs and prepped for helper coming in morning.
I was relieved it was the same helper as previously so I didn't need to 'train her' with the what is done here, and where I keep everything.

I restarted my attempts at shortening expensive pjs dd gave me. One step done at least.

bath and washed hair. Trimmed my wet hair to collarbone so now it is shoulder length Just took off the uneven end bits.
I tend to tie mine in a pony tail or looped in a bun.

otd to support group
beach walk. the ocean was its glorious blue again. only 4 ships waiting on the horizon for their turn into port.
It was still so sunny when I got there, and no shade to sit in.
Walked back on footpath in building shade.
A supermarket for water, and a couple of things. Found my fav hard goat cheese has swapped stores.

bed time was early for me, and read a while.

Tuesday
prayers and readings
washing is on the line
breakfast is eaten.

plans
otd in 75 min
lunch out with that group
decl utter lesson.

a mantra for today?
I have many mantras.
thought for Tuesday = I am able to recover, and do the good ordinary things of life.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:10 pm

We were able to fit all the donations into the pickup. I thought the 4 wheeler would take up more room than it did. The donations were dropped off then we went to Sam's. I filled a shopping cart with our things while DH filled a flat cart with things for the church. We are now on the way to unload items at church before unloading at our home

DGS19 tracked me down at Sam's parking lot to show me his new puppy. CRAZY kid. The pet deposit at his new apartment cost him more than he paid for the puppy. I'm happy for him because he is so happy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”