Ta Dah Tuesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Ta Dah Tuesday!

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm back from supper. Dh is returning the rental car without me. It is a 30 minute walk from the rental office back here so he was going to look to see if there were sidewalks. If so, he'll walk. Otherwise, he'll take the train to the airport and the shuttle from there (depending on timing, that will take 40 - 60 minutes.)

<He just arrived, took the shuttle>

I'm trying to clear the messages off my cell phone but can't clear the one to my Canadian number. I'm sure I'm entering the right PIN so I suspect it is refusing to let me access my voicemail box using my US cell number. I have a ton of time to use up on my US number. We will let it expire in the summer but until then I have $100 so am using it with abandon.

Emailed ds to let him know our flight number and arrival time.

Am charging everything in preparation for tomorrow.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 pm

My ta dah was I taught 7th grade science and lived to teach another day :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Well, I have a few ta-da's --
Finished vacuuming for WHB...
(Almost) Finished laundry -- still have to hang a few items to dry...
Talked to dmom...
Talked to ds... ddil...
Talked to receptionist, nurse, and doctor at doctor's office...
Went to drug store...
Went out to eat w/dh, ds, and grands...
Did my 8-minutes in the morning exercise...

Pretty good day -- Except for getting ds a little irritated at me (Someone contacted me about an upcoming project they are involved in, and I "almost" volunteered him for something that he does NOT want to do on a volunteer basis. If they are paying, he will try to help out, but his view is that if other people are making a profit from this venture, they should not expect the "help" to volunteer, just because the help is able to play a guitar. He's right, but sometimes he and I don't look at things the same way. NOw they're all excited about getting his help and I've got to backtrack a bit on what I said. DS is fine with me now, and gave me a somewhat graceful way to get out of it.)

And in the midst of this, got myself invited to a baby shower that I would probably have never have intended to go to. I can tell the mom-to-be has VERY expensive taste and I just don't know what on earth I will get her. * sheesh *

Good news -- in a small way -- from doctor -- my bloodwork came back just fine. He actually said the only thing wrong with me was "Family Fatigue." I thought he meant I had inherited the same lack of energy that dmom has been suffering from. I said, "I'm just lazy?" He said, "NO, NO... I mean you have FAMILY-INDUCED fatigue. Your FAMILY is what is making you tired."
I am sooo glad we are all seeing this doctor now. As I told him yesterday, dmom is doing so well it is a miracle, and HE served as the hands of God to make it happen.
More on dh in J&C.

I'm so glad your dgd is doing better, LadyM. It is no surprise that she is being clingy to you. It is probably such a relief for her to be safe in your arms for a change. I don't know how YOU cope with the "Family Fatigue" of it all, but you are definitely serving as the hands of God for these children, and I guess He gives you the strength for each day.

Blessed, it is so good you got to walk in the woods with dd. That sounds peaceful and you two need some peace in your lives.

So much I want to reply to here but short on time and memory. (Mine, not computer's). I did want to say to Twins, I sooo understand dh being over-invovled in kids' lives. And worrying about everything. Unfortunately, dh AND myself are guilty of that. :oops: I promise, I'm working on it! I definitely am TRYING to do better.

Waving to all! Please forgive me for being short on personal responses lately. Between dh's ballgames tying up the computer and generally checking on him and worrying about him, I've just been out of the loop lately. I miss you girls!

OH -- one more thing I wanted to say -- proof that y'all are on my mind -- KATHRYN -- I spent last night (in my dreams) hiking over rocky forest land, with fallen trees and driftwood and rain falling constantly. I was on some kind of field trip or youth trip with kids from church. It was kinda fun -- I didn't cry, ;) but it was exhausting!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:46 pm

I did that last time the dog went to doggie jail & is obviously out again. I called the lost & found pet people my neighbor does it but the dog jumped the fence got out here before the shelter opened. I was so hoping to find out where it lives this go round sigh. Animal control here is well.. lets just say ineffective at best. I cannot spend all my time chasing after some one elses dog. When the pet folks were avalible it had left and was dark out.

I did a p m routine of sorts.
More music.
A bit of peace the dog was caught by some one else hoping he will not be back tonight. I am hoping he is closer to home. They had phone# hope that they have better luck.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Lucylee: I hope you sleep better tonight! Your dreams are about walking next to the ocean surf, watching the dogs chase balls. Oh, and keeping an eye on the sandpipers and surfers.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:41 am

I am up because as I was flossing my teeth getting ready for bed, a wild animal let out just one loooong, loud, piercing howl. I am rather old to have never heard a particular wild sound before here in my lifelong area, but this was new.

So I can assure you that in my heart of hearts that was the end of bedtime routine and after HRH pried me off his lap (he had been sitting on the couch waiting for a program to end) he used the high-power flashlight to look all around the edges of the back yard. Nothing, of course. Stayed up with the tv a little longer! So I've been thinking this out and after all, every dog breed would have a different set of sounds, right? A neighbor could have some new exotic dog. And maybe I've just never heard a coyote say this particular sentence. For all I know, it means, "I'm bored. Let's go to sleep." in coyote.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it until I get to sleep. With the sandpipers.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 am

Good night Harriet!

I'm off to bed now too after getting the travelog off.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:35 am

Harriet, the other night I heard a very strange dog/coyote howl too! Maybe global warming has them all out of sync? Just kidding!

Another ta-da for me!
I spent 43 minutes in this week's zone -- the study/entry of the house.
Now the bad news -- according to the cards, this took 33 min last time, and to be honest, I was kinda sloppy this time around. I really didn't do the top shelves, ceiling fan, etc...
I feel like the lady who used to babysit ds. She ironed and kept the house tidied up, but she was probably 80 years old. She used to tell dh and me, "Children, I know y'all could find somebody younger who could turn out more work."
LOL -- I've told dh that a few times in recent years.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”