Ta Dah Tuesday!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Ta Dah Tuesday!

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:09 pm

I meant to tell of my "ta-dah" today -sort of. :roll: We got a notice from our insurance company about our "3rd party" for our golf cart insurance. It dawned on me that I had paid 1/2 our car insurance in December and I think the 2nd half was due in February. I called them (they're friends) and yes we still owed it. I don't remember seeing a bill from them but not terribly surprised if it got lost in the mail (we had our health insurance booklets that were mailed Oct 14, 2016 & we got them in January). So at least it's now paid. Better before needing it for sure! Probably tomorrow we'll get a notice of it being late or worse. But at least it's paid and it's good.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm quitting on the closet for now. I am sweaty and my back is aching! Took two ibuprofen and I'm resting with a big glass of water.

I'm basically emptying the closet into the garage, purging some as I go. When we put things away, I intend to only put away what we want and need and have room for. We certainly don't need all the stuff we have accumulated. There's still a ton of dmil's junk jewelry - she died in 1993.

We're supposed to go by a neighbor's around 6:30ish. Her father has been living with her since they moved here and he is moving permanently to assisted living. I suspect he thinks she doesn't care for him well enough - he's heavy on the guilt. She also works part time and has several grandchildren, three in this area that she cares for regularly. And the father is perhaps 94 or 95? When they first moved here he would walk around the circle with his walker.

I'm in the mood to purge now. Hopefully can get back there tomorrow and the rest of the week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:34 pm

woo hoo to all the workers here today!

I have had an interesting day to say the least. I did walk with dd younger in the woods. Very very nice.
My cold has made me into an old woman...huffing and puffing to get the air into my lungs after the severe cold I had.

We went grocery shopping and plan on getting dinner out soon. flank steak for grill, corn/avocado/etc. salad -
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Twins - WOWSERS! YGG!

I've made good progress today. Stopping to update my list from this morning.
Done ** DS8 to DMom for an overnight stay.
Done** Support DH and DMIL. DMIL is sick and has meds from her doctor. DH stayed with DMIL until she shooed him out the door. :)
Done ** DGD5 here after school. DD brought a large bag of DGD5 clothes. I suspect DGD5 will be here more than one night.
In Progress** Gather and organize Tax documents.
Done ** Develop & print History Grand Plan
In Progress** Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
Done ** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning- Bathrooms
Done - ** Trash Truck Day
Done ** Post on church FB group Wednesday menu 
Done - ** Buy Pop-Tarts for DH birthday

I also configured & ordered a new laptop for the church. The gal that does our audio recording has been using her personal laptop to do it. That isn't fair to her so the elders gave me the go-ahead to order one for the church. Actually, I was supposed to do this weeks ago but I forgot. :oops: I almost wish someone would complain about it to me...... I will be MORE THAN HAPPY for them to take over doing these things for the church.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

time to make dinner!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 pm

settling into the airport hotel. It is quite nice.

We had a 3 mile walk along the beach this morning and then drove over to Capitola and sat on a bench overlooking the beach and ate our picnic lunch. Then we drove up the coast highway and cut across close to the the airport.

The views on the way up the coast were wonderful. It was worth the extra 30 minutes that route takes. Besides, had we arrived earlier we would not have been able to check in.

We will unload the car, then go for dinner (not right away) and then return the rental car. The idea is to take the shuttle back to the hotel after that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:09 pm

flank steak in marinade
dd younger is making a cumquat with thai pepper salad
I made a corn/avocado/orange pepper/onion and lime/olive oil dressing

waiting for the steak to tenderize before grilling. whom would ever think I could grill in march

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:29 pm

So hens are back in the coop that dog is back again. H is home. I need to start dinner. I wish I could give this dog to my dsis in Ark. That lost a dog. KidN is here. I am too distracted to paint any rocks.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cats

Postby cats » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Nancy sorry to hear that dog is back! IF I were you and it comes back again I call animal control might be hard to do but it needs doing if this continues.

got half the dishes done they were over flowing, got a bill paid and stop at the store.

could of been better but its what it is

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Home from WW meeting. I had another loss this week which means I've now lost 5% of starting weight. WhooHoo!

I've successfully given up about 90% of caffeine drinks. I still have my morning coffee and have no intention of giving it up. I tried decaf tea but decided to go with plain water. I fill my water bottles each morning and drink 85oz by EOD.

I have been looking at a history timeline book for months. I finally decided to get it today. I seriously doubt if it will fit in any bookcase. The book is 2.5' tall and 23' long when the book pages are extended. :shock:

DGD5 is clingy. She had a GREAT follow up today with ortho doc. Her collarbone is healing correctly now. No surgery will be needed but she does have to do two more weeks of swaddling (left arm wrapped to stay at her side). It is her bedtime (7pm) so I've got to get her bathed and in bed. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”