Wellness Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Wellness Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:58 am

How are you taking care of yourself? Physically, mentally, emotionally, etc?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Wellness Wednesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:11 am

Physically wellness progress = I am soooooooooo very much enjoying sleeping again. Since giving up drinking tea my nightly sleep has returned to my normal 7'ish hours.

My plans for today include -
** No school - Monthly Break
** Develop & print Science Grand Plan.
** Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** DS8 from DMom's home. He successfully spent a night away. DS8 called me 4 times yesterday to talk. Last night I had a difficult time getting him to end the conversation. Side note: DMom wanted DS8 to come stay with her. Shee INSISTED on it. Then she didn't watch him. DS8 went outside, met a new friend from down the street. This boy is about DS8 age and apparently has complete freedom from supervision. New friend "gave" DS8 a bicycle and they went riding around the town together. DMom was inside talking on the phone (for hours) and didn't watch DS8. DMom didn't know DS8 was gone. Needless to say….I'm not pleased with DS8 being given that much unsupervised time or space with unknown "friend". DS8 is old enough to play without being supervised every moment but a child can't be totally unsupervised. IMHO
** DGD5 care. I txt DD last night and asked if DGD5 would be attending school today. Nope. DD txt back that she plans to unenroll DGD5 from current school today and move more loads of their things out of the soon-to-be-X fella's home. DGD5 doesn’t know she won't be returning to "Daddy's" home or that she won't be returning to her school. DGD5 selected to wear her new t-shirt with the school name & mascot today thinking that she will be attending there today. DD didn't tell her. Arghhhh Do I tell DGD5 about these changes in her life or let her be surprised?
** Bake cookies for tonight. Chocolate chip or Oatmeal Raisin? Or both?
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning - Pantry/cellar/Sunroom/living room/front porch
** 4pm - start cooking at church for the meal tonight (Lasagna, garlic bread & salad). Last week we feed 64 people.
** 6:30pm - serve meal
**7pm Worship service. If DGD5 is still here I won't stay for the service because her bedtime is 7pm.

B: Egg & Vegetables (Oatmeal & Banana for DGD5)
L: Salad with 10 toppings and chicken
D: Lasagna & potluck
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 am

Such decisions to make on behalf a little one, Lady M. :?

I OTOH did not sleep well. Was awake about 12 & went to the bathroom & TRIED to get back asleep. Wasn't happening. About 1 I got up to let dBailey in. Dsonil evidently had let her out and fell back asleep and didn't hear her barking. 5am I was still awake and then awoke about 7 when dh got up. I stumbled into the bathroom and back into bed for a 1/2 hour.

We go (again) to get our hair cut in about 20 minutes. Have the appointment card with me that plainly says: 3/7 @ 10am. Just want to show her I wasn't nuts. :D Then at 12:30 we have to meet a locksmith at this single wide that belongs to dcampowner's step son. :roll: Then at 3:00 we have to be here to take dBailey out so the house can be shown. Wonder how often this is going to happen. In the meantime I think I need to vacuum a little, do up the dishes and a few other things. Want to start packing up the 'art room' as much as I can. Figure if I spend 20-30 minutes a day in there, it'll be progress.

DD left a dvil and a cl aritin pill out for dsonil to take this morning. He didn't. He's very nervous now as he has a pulmonary test tomorrow. He's always dumbfounded that this test seems to always be when allergies (pollen) are at their worst. He's very worried about failing it. DD's been trying to get him to take allergy meds to help. :roll:

In the 'wellness' I think I'm finally getting my blood sugar in a more constant level. Although it was only 63 this morning. The problem with that is I have to take my thyroid med at least 1/2 hour before anything else, including my other meds. So it's sometimes problematic.

Poor dBailey was really acting weird yesterday. I think she was able to read the for sale sign in the front yard. You would have thought there was loud noises going on outside like thunder or fireworks but there was nothing.

Need to take ground beef out to thaw. Your making goulash yesterday, Cathy, inspired me for today's dinner. DD & dsonil keep suggesting going out so we don't make a mess. But I 1) don't want to spend the $$ and 2) I don't want to have to figure the lowest calorie meal.

See our federal return is in our checking account this morning. Now to wait for NY State's -that could (and usually does) take a while.

Well off to drink (water) toward my wellness. I've pretty much been drinking ice water ever since I came home from the hospital except for my 1 mug of coffee in the morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:54 am

Oh my, Lady M! Lots going on with you and yours. I was giggling a little at the Lucylee's doc:
"I mean you have FAMILY-INDUCED fatigue. Your FAMILY is what is making you tired."
A lot of us have that issue, but you seem all but impervious. How do you do it?

Today is errand day here, I have a li&t going. Also have appt w therapist at 3 p.m. - I am tapering off some now that the days are longer and the trials of last fall are fading a bit.

I hope I can keep my momentum up on the closet - This weekend I hope dh will help get the wire shelving down, then I need to patch and do a quick repaint next week. I got in 7500 steps yesterday - more than I've had in a long time. :D Mostly between the MBR and garage.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:24 am

I slept WELL last nite. Up at 4:45 to get ready for the early shift. H has left for work. KidN is here now singing to church tunes. I have not journaled yet. Breakfst is done. Rain in our forecast. Split shift today. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other helps with my wellness.

Love the worst things first, mine is "do worst things1st" so it would be dwf1st. Lol!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:43 am

I'm up, s2s and have just finished my tea. Packing needs another 30 minutes before I'm out of here so need to go get breakfast now. The shuttle leaves at 9.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:45 am

Good morning! For wellness, I am keeping my foot up, as instructed by the doctor who removed a ganglion cyst from my foot yesterday. It could be related to the surgery or the bony bump that necessitated the surgery or unrelated. Another wellness activity I need to do is find another belly dance class. The studio said there would be Monday workshops starting, but it has been a month and none have appeared.

DD15 was feeling miserable last night, so she got Advil and the expensive Chinese restaurant. By the end of the meal, she felt better. Speaking of expensive, a message for lucylee: the mom may have expensive tastes, but babies do not. They'd rather play with the box it came in!

I realized my Monday mantra (which I am keeping because it is so effective) is WTF, so now I have WTF lists! This, of course, means "worst things first". The other phrase, in the unlikely event I use it, always comes out "what the phooey!" There are DPCs on the WTF list today. Yesterday's WTF item, the animal org minutes and notes, were completed last night, which is good because the meeting is tonight . Four days until new stove.

Slept badly last night with nightmares, probably due to stress of cyst removal. The worst was that I had bought a new house, further from Work City. Someone else's clutter filled every closet and hidey hole. It was two feet from a beautiful lake. I bought it THEN asked about flooding. For a Mobile girl, that is absolutely moronic.

I advise TwinsMom to be careful when decluttering DMIL's "junk" jewelry. Sometime between purchase and now, my mother's "junk" has become collectable. Grandmother's "junk" turned out to be vintage collectable and, frequently, high dollar. This was stuff with fake stones!

Harriet's coyote was probably saying "Hey pack! Look at that awesome MOON!"

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Stopping to CUOP and check my list.

Enjoying reading Kathryn travel progress. Wonder how Helia travels are progressing?

I mean you have FAMILY-INDUCED fatigue. Your FAMILY is what is making you tired."
A lot of us have that issue, but you seem all but impervious. How do you do it?

Emotional Wellness effort - I am greatly bothered about some occurrences but try my best to not express my opinion unless asked. Having a DMom that doesn't think that I do much right has taught me to not judge others as harshly. At least I hope I am learning not to. I often ask DS8 "Who are you in charge of?" because he tends to get anxious about everything & everyone else's business. I can only hope that question has started to sink into MY brain. Somedays I'm better at it than other days. DH often says "I have more than I can do taking care of my own business".

DGD5 snuggled up to me on the couch while watching cartoons. I just sat there and finger combed her hair and rubbed her back. 30 minutes well wasted. :)

I had a couple hard boiled eggs that needed to be used. Made a low point tuna salad with the eggs. Win. Win.

Mental Wellness effort - I have greatly reduced my FB time. This morning I checked on the groups and found a couple requests to join 2 of the groups that I admin. I did a quick check of the people and approve/disapprove the requests. A friend asked for help sharing a photo to a group so I did that for her. Another request to tell what hospital a DFriend is in which required me scanning that friends wife FB page and then gave the information. About 10 minutes and then I closed the FB window without scrolling through the feeds. When I gave up FB scrolling I discover that Twitter feeds could EASILY become a time waster too. I'm trying my best to not replace FB scrolling with Twitter scrolling.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Yeah, Elizabeth, that's probably why it's still here. Dh saves everything he thinks might be of value "some day." He has bins of beanie babies, boxes of pens from the "hometown" bank that he worked for years ago (it was sold, and the name disappeared), comic books from my ddad. Some times I think it's a wonder that I do get to throw things out.

I just ordered an inexpensive hanging clothes rack from A-river - will hang dh's work clothes and a few of mine in the garage while the closet is out of commission.

I need to be heading out, but first:
-s2s
-make the bed
-fold two lol
-reboot laundry
-put stuff in car: box to Goodwill, bag of books to library to donate

Thanks for the comments, Lady M. Good for you! And I understand what you mean about only being in charge of your own brain, the therapist I've talked to has reminded me that what people say and do has more to do with what their own issues than mine. So sometimes I remind dd that dh's outbursts usually aren't about her - it's whatever is going on inside his head.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 pm

hi I love the start of the day... wellness is on my mind. My body is pretty shot after years of care taking and stress. I had a nice walk in the woods yesterday..didn't get far but it was so refreshing.

It's a beautiful day!

take care all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”