Wellness Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wellness Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:59 pm

We are now sitting in the hotel lobby, waiting for the shuttle bus. With 10 minutes to spare. Woot! I ate too much crap, cinnamon roll and a biscuit, along with good stuff - cheese omelet, bacon, yogurt, milk. I wish I could walk away from cinnamon rolls but that's a real weakness of mine.

My carryon suitcase only has my coat, dh's heavy sweater, my empty water bottle, my lunch (salad, carrots, hummus, chips) and my mouth guard. I'm afraid it will get lost or crushed so I always carry it. My computer bag has my purse and tech stuff plus a book and magazine to read.

The hotel was too dry so my throat is a bit sore today (more the roof of my mouth.)

My to-do list for the airplane is to work on email. I'm hoping to spend an hour or more on it to beat back the excessive emails in my in-box and sent box. I did the backup at the end of the year but never wiped the boxes.

Our first flight is already running late so it will definitely be a late night tonight.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi everyone!!

Happy Women's Day!! I am not leaving the house today. Somewhat on strike, but limiting myself to the strike part being that I refuse to spend money in any way today. Banking, etc., can keep until tomorrow. If this puzzles you, there is a lot about it on FB. My sister promised to send me a pink "cat" hat that she had an extra one of, but as with many things my sister says, it has never been sent to me.

We talked to the guy that is doing the backsplash. He finally returned calls and texts we had sent him. We will see him sometime on Saturday. The grout will be done on Sunday and then I think that's it. Of course, on a sunny day, I see all the imperfections in the paint job in the kitchen. The baseboards really need to be done.

The accountant called with the amount of dh's refund. I need to take him some paperwork to hopefully increase it by over another $100 thanks to dh and I both getting glasses last year.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Happy women's day!!! to you too d cathy

safe travels d kathryn

hi d twins
hi d elizabeth
hi d lady - what a nice way to be... trying to learn not to judge others harshly...well done. (what a nice moment with dgd
hi d lucy
hi d twins
hi d harriet
hi d dee
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:29 pm

I worked on french even though I don't have french class any more. The teacher has been so sweet... she kept the homework assignment list up so I can keep up with the class without being there. Its much harder of course but I am working on what they are working on.

So today: home from d mom's (spent the night there) at 9 am.
said hello here and did a long post ;)
did french work :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Not making much progress on my list for today. It is what it is. DGD5 and I went shopping at the local dollar store and bought her new markers, paints, crayons, drawing paper, diary book and modeling clay. Actually, I should say I bought those items FOR ME. They will keep DGD5 occupied for hours.

DD called this morning and said she was going to enroll DGD5 in our little town school (probably tomorrow). She asked if DGD5 could stay here "several days". I agreed to it.

DH is going to get DS8 and bring him home. The noise level of our home will go up several decibels.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Settled into the lounge now.

The shuttle bus was 15 minutes late. That's ok, our flight is 20 minutes late. So we have a long bit of time in the lounge now.

I shall start exegesis for Sunday's sermon. This week's service is done, just the sermon to do. Next week might be dodgy (I can't recall) but the week after I have the sermon over half done and the service will be 80% complete for me. So I'm in reasonable shape so far. I've turned down anything on the weekend of April 2 because I need a break. (Which sounds strange since I'm on my way home from a vacation but in fact I'm heading into super busy time with taxes, corporate year-end, auditing both the church and the pastoral charge books and the rent review coming up.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Family fatigue. I have husband fatigue. Same thing I guess. Some of you handle extremely large amounts of responsibilities and you all have my kudos for coping. (Lucylee, blessed, LadyM & others).

I don't often cope well. I wish people (especially family) would realize sometimes my reactions have more to do with what's in my head than them. Such wisdom in this village! Yesterday I reacted badly to DH's request to return his cell phone in the box provided and there was paperwork, etc. and he was the one who had read the emails and talked with customer service not me... and I'm sure I sounded like I didn't want to help him out. But it was more about my not knowing what exactly to do correctly. I'm not sure he understood what I was trying to say. He's near fearless to do anything, approach any person or situation and doesn't understand my reluctance to do new things and my shyness with people. I don't think he'll ever get it.

In the end I read the papers and got the phone ready to go at the post office and it was easy peasy, I was just afraid. If I did it wrong we would be charged for the replacement phone they sent. His cell just stopped working yesterday and it is fairly new.

I've been waking up extremely tired, not wanting to start my day. I know it is the amount of things I am doing, physical and mental both. I hope this gets better.

Today I sent faxes, filled out insurance application for policy our customer's bank is requiring we have. I'm working with another customer and their whole page of requirements.

People don't realize we are a tiny company and can't do things lickety-split. Several people wanting their bills and they don't realize we are just now getting our statements in.

So I am working on all this stuff and hoping I will have some time and energy left to do something in this house before it gets into the same condition as it was before.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Hello dear ladies

Wellness, been staying away from salts and sugars. Making sure I get enough sleep.

Have done
Dishes
Counters
Stove
Microwave
Swept floors

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:11 pm

We baked cookies. The 1st shift is done walked ddog saw the other dog 'Hank" is at a neighbor's house with kids other dogs and a big tall fence. So happy he is safe. Still there so owners must not have returned calls.

I am off duty far a few hours. H called to tell me a joke. Dsis said it was funny when I shared it they were in a waiting ro8m so it was great timing.

Joke:
What is difference in a puppy and a truck driver?
Ans. Eventually the puppy grows up and quits whining!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:12 pm

I have been trying to work on a report. I am stalled waiting for some database changes. Soooo, I went to a different report. Investigating it revealed another bug in the database, which will cause me to wait to get this report done too! Must be time for lunch!

TwinsMom: We didn't decide what to keep! A jewelry appraiser determined the junk from the collectable. It did allow us to rid ourselves of a lot of things. We kept only the valuable and anything that we liked. The Beanie Babies are even easier to assess. Check them on eBay along with the pens. Seems unlikely bank pens would be of value, but checking is cheap.

Return to “Post When You Can”