WONDERING THURSDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

WONDERING THURSDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:56 am

Yes we find ourselves wondering how everyone is making out up home. Every school & many colleges and other things are closed. First time I ever remember for wind....lots of snow closings but never wind. The airport in Rochester was diverting about all flights to other cities. So I can imagine the wind you landed with, Kathryn. How were you, Cathy? I know it's still very dangerous in almost every town around us up home. Dh is on the phone now trying to discern the damage at our campground. With 80mph winds it's very possible that campers moved or tipped over. I know some trees have gone down there. Dh was getting text messages early this morning asking how things were.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILAC. May you have a wonderful day!

Twins' Mom

Re: WONDERING WEDNESDAY

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:21 am

I'm wondering if I get a do-over for Wednesday? Dee? Dee? :lol: :lol:

I am doing a little walk and coffee with dneighbor at 9:30 a.m., then am going to get nails done, then doing the Thursday route to pick up meals and see dmom and dbro. Don't know what else the day holds, I need to proceed with emptying the closet too. Beginning to wonder - once the closet is empty, won't it be difficult to come through the garage? Perhaps need to warn dh to park in the driveway for a few days?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: WONDERING THURSDAY

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:23 am

:) I was so mean - I took the do-over away before Twins' got to enjoy it.

Dee was giving us another Wednesday and I just couldn't leave well enough alone, could I?

Everyone's not awake here yet - we find ourselves on teenager time, which is okay. She needs better rest than she gets at school, I think. HRH is working in his office and had suggested we might ride with him into big city with papers. Don't know. Also a couple other errands, one of which is more important I think.

I hope Cathy, Dee and possibly Kathryn? hear better news about severe weather having passed.

Weather here will be a shock - temperature drop of 30 degrees in the 48 hours between tomorrow and Sunday and snow on Sunday morning.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am

I need another Wednesday, too. Today, Thursday, is my cleaning lady's day and I am not ready. I try to pick up all the footsetps so she can clean, dust and mop. but in true SHE fashion, I always leave it to Thursday morning.

Yesterday, I drove the sweet couple down the street to their PT. They are 89 and 91, he is blind and she has heart problems and just spent 10 days in the hospital. At least someone questioned why she was on3 kinds of prescription blood thinners PLUS 325 mg of aspirin. No wonder she was bleeding internally.

Anyway, PT gal found out why she was experiencing intermittent vertigo. Some crystals in her inner ear had moved. They will start working on that on Friday. I thought it was a hoax until I googled it. It is real and they can fix it. I'm so glad for Mary's sake.

II gotta get moving and at least get some stuff off the counters and table. Hope to see you all later.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:42 am

Kathryn had a slightly rough flight since Toronto to Ottawa is short, mostly ascent (windy) and descent (windy.) I napped on it because I was exhausted.

Uber was on surge pricing, making it over 50% more expensive than a cab so we grabbed a cab home. It was clean and the driver fine. There are problems with cab drivers in Ottawa and the fact they don't keep the cabs clean, in good condition or stay off their phones while driving. Uber has helped raise standards a bit but a lot of cab drivers now drive for Uber which is lowering that experience. Anyway our ride last night was 2x more pleasant than last winter's taxi ride.

We got home at 12:10 and I was in bed by 12:45.

Dh went to the men's breakfast for 7 and I woke up when he left and then again when my alarm went off at 7. I got out of bed by 7:50. Still have to make the bed and tidy the bedroom, s2s and actually get moving for the day but I've had my tea and chocolate now, started a load of laundry and have watered the plants. Restarted one clock and will start the other this afternoon. Emailed dd about visiting.

I guess I should hit the shower now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:47 am

Kathryn, we had the high winds here last week - a friend coming home from Boston didn't get home that night - plane turned and went to Charlotte instead and she had to get home the next morning.

Rats! I was going to take full advantage of Dee's plan to do over Wednesday!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:32 am

Happy Birthday DLilac!!

DGD5 and I spend 30 minutes snuggling and rocking early this morning while singing silly songs & talking through her day's activities. I made sure to give DGD5 a good breakfast with protein. DD arrived here 15 minutes before school started and off they went. DD txt about 30 minutes later and said DGD5 was enrolled without any problems. I really like DGD5 teacher (kindergarten). She and her 3 little girls roller skate with us on Thursday night. Hopefully, DGD5 first day at new school will go smoothly.

My plans for today include -
** No homeschool - Monthly Break
** Get Lilly's new lawn mower (pull the trailer to the dealer an hour away) and deliver to her home (DH will do this).
** Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** 11am - eat lunch with DGD5 at school and DS8 eat with his friends then have recess with them
** 12:15 - DS8 speech therapy at school
** Noon - 3pm- volunteering at school
** 4pm - get DGD5 from school
** 5-8pm - Roller Skating

B: Egg & Vegetables (Waffles & Peanut Butter)
L: Eat at school (salad bar)
D: Chicken Nuggets & Potato Logs

Winds here too but nothing like the east is experiencing. However, the winds here are making firefighting almost impossible. This is the 4th day that fires have remained uncontrollable because of being pushed by up to 50mph winds. Last time I checked over 800,000 acres has burned in Lilac, Sadie and my states. It is heartbreaking of the 8 deaths and thousands of livestock being burned/killed.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am

In case your are wondrring we got more snow. No a m walk today I will use exercise bike or gazelle. More coffee. No kids here today. 33* out slushy. I jist ask h to get me a few rocks and a flat piece of concrete to pai t on from his work. There are 8,000 + peop,e in the local rock painting hiding group here they cannot keep paint in stock. :mrgreen: wmart is trying to increase the allotments.so e have went as far away as Sweeden. People are obsessed!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 am

snow again d nancy ... be safe.
here there we haven't had any real snow.for January and February .. first time in history for our area.

happiest of birthdays d lilac

hi d lady have a wonderful time off of school

hi d twins good morning! I also want a do over.

d kathryn I had wondered how your flight would be.. glad your home safe.

it's always nice to see you d mt. My d mom and my self had to have the crystals fixed (manipulating the head thing - mine was at hospital. Some doctors still think its fake. Trust me it's a huge help. :D

Good morning d harriet. I like that teenage time :D stay warm.

Stay safe d dee with all the wind. we had that yesterday and the day before. No closings though! thank you for starting us

Hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:28 am

Fading fast here.

Am s2s and have had breakfast.

Am waiting for word from dd as to whether or not it is a good time to go over.

Return to “Post When You Can”