Friday Fun

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Friday Fun

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:43 am

Today is our Retro Church Supper.

Casseroles, jello salad, deviled eggs, homemade desserts.

Someone asked if we'll be dressed in retro outfits and I accepted that challenge! I have my crinoline to go under a black dress with pearls and a frilly apron.

So I intend to have fun today.

What sort of fun do you have planned for yourself?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Friday Fun

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:46 am

Am waiting for my tea to kick in.

Dh's restless legs woke me at 5:45 so I switched beds instead of getting him to take something for them (if he had woken up that much, he would have been up for the day.)

I got up at 7 although I didn't feel my alarm. I heard the clock chime. Since I can't s2s (dh is still in bed) or do my devotions (my journal is in the bedroom) I'm moving ahead with my schedule as best as I can remember it (it is in my journal) and have emptied the dishwasher.

I'll finish my tea and see what else I can work on. Opening mail from the last 2 weeks in a possibility.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:25 am

I need to get started on my usual Friday a.m. straighten up for dcleaning lady. Not sure what the rest of the day holds. There are some errands I haven't gotten to this week, may need to do that.

Today's Fun: Tonight is the Purim celebration at the temple. For those not familiar with Purim it is a time to dress up, put on silly plays, and enjoy the raucous retelling of the story. DD and I have talked about going in costume but haven't pinned anything down. May end up spending time today working on that, too. I have a Pinterest board with some simple ideas, and there are lots online. One that I pinned was going as "Cream cheese" and "Lox." Each has a cutout bagel approx the size of upper body, attach on a sling around the neck. One is decorated as cream cheese, the other as lox. I think we could wing it with a trip to Michaels.

Gotta get busy....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 am

"Fun" for me is that we have to be here to show the house again at 1 o'clock. DD/Dsonil counter offered on the house last night, but we're still showing till everything is 'written in stone'.

I had thought about going to the hockey game tonight with dd and dh but think I'll forego it. That might be "too much fun" and I'll regret it tomorrow. But think I will plan to go to the game with them Sunday afternoon. At least that will be during the day and perhaps I won't get as tired.

I had a few hours that I was off and on sleep last night. Slept probably from 9-11 and then 12-2, awake off and on till 5. Got up for 'break' at 6 and then slept till nearly 7:30. Love a full night of sleep. Hope that happens again sometime.

Have to wash my hair this morning. Can barely get a comb through it. Hairdresser used way too much 'tease and spray'.

See all the schools are still closed up home. It's getting quite cold up there again and so many without power. DS-R's household never lost power as they're on 'village electric'. Sure DS-A's house has been without though.

Dh talked to the manager/dfriend at the campground last night. They'd been without electric since last Wednesday (3/1) when the first wind storm hit. Some porta potties were blown over and several trees down. No real damage to RVs. I do know that tree services are doing a whale of a business. Am wondering if this will mean extra business for DS-A doing cleanups at a lot of his sites.

Just 'killing' time so I can take my meds and eat my breakfast. BS was only 70 this morning so need to eat soon.

DGS23 is back in the hospital with ketoacidosis again. 2nd time this winter. Not quite as bad as last time when he was in 'guarded' condition. DGD22's college classes have been cancelled last couple of days so she's spent her time there with him. I sure hope they can get this regulated with him. (He has type 1 diabetes and has had it since he was 13). He's also the one with a shunt and retinoblastoma -cancer of the retinas. So battles galore.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LORD MAVERICK! Hope you enjoy this day!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Another week has zipped by. I'm exhausted.
Yesterday I had to drive to TheBigCity for 3 meetings in a row about sewing group business, I had to go to T for a few groceries, stop home just long enough to put the tofu in the fridge, and then to work at the library.

We had 3 medium size groups and 1 large group using the library from 6 to 8 last night (2 upstairs and 2 downstairs) so it was a continuous full house. Normal Thursday patrons came in as well, families bringing in kids, the best kind of chaos. :)

Last week the children's department had an incubator full of eggs. By last night almost all had hatched, with the little fluffy chicks in a big plastic bin with a lamp for heat. They are adorable, lots of different colors. These were all 2nd or 3rd generation eggs from hens that hatched in previous batches at the library. Our children's librarian raises chickens, rabbits, and now guinea pigs to show and sell, thus she always has animals at different stages of life to bring in. I like how we have kids who are excited to see the animals and also several adults who stop by just because they want to see which creatures are visiting.

Tomorrow is sewing group member meeting. I need to figure out an outfit to wear and finish other general preparation.

I need some coffee before I look at the rest of today's list.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:22 am

That sounds like creative fun, Kathryn - the best kind.

My usual partner in "fun" has gone back to college. :lol:

But her fun oldest brother will be here today - he can sometimes be a different kind of (more sensible) fun. He will probably join in something that takes work, if I know him, and then eventually it will be fun to look back and see results.

Yesterday I'd gotten a good bit of church work done - bills to mail, the new-to-us report for bulletin board to tack up, phone calls. I'd like to get more done before Sunday, just so that as many as possible get the same info at the same time and no one can say they were surprised. I'm sure no one meant to make my life harder by requesting the bulletin board posting, but I walk a fine line. As I think of it, I will have to start shuffling my time each month to get emailed reports out just before the Sunday posting goes up.

Would love to comment and chat but HRH is waiting on me to go with him into big city. Dstepson is working on a trailer without any fun for me, lol.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 am

sounds like a fun supper... great idea for a dinner party too :D good morning d kathryn
sorry you had restless leg syndrome early this morning (dd younger has that too)

hope your day holds great things for you today d twins

hi d dee good luck on the house today!

hi d book sending you energy to chase away your exhaustion. I love the chaos that families with children bring... it brings life! Its so cool that your library brought chicks in. very cool.

Heading out in a bit... having lunch with d friend and dd younger later on but it takes an hour to get there. Some errands to do. Have a wonderful day to all that follow.

d harriet I love that your usual fun with is your dd! I love your description of your ds being the more sensible fun... (you still should write a book)
have fun in the city.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 am

i won't have a computer for a week... I think ;) I need to bring mine in this am.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 am

Dh got up after 8:30 and I have got the early morning items done now. Still have to finish putting away laundry but I have a load to go into the dryer in a minute, I can hear the final spin.

I ended up adding vacuuming to my day because I just couldn't stand the way the floors looked. So that is done and I feel a bit better. The dusty/dirty floors were wearing me down. The apartment isn't too messy but the floors looked awful.

It is snowing now but will only snow for about 1" and the sun is trying to burn through the clouds.

I'm still exhausted so am trying to figure out a time for a nap today.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:32 am

Good morning to everyone and Happy Birthday to LordMaverick. Last night, I had such good intentions, but slacked off completely, working computer jigsaws until 1 am :oops: :roll: :evil: . The only useful things I got done (other than daily stuff) was: LOL, printed (but did not reconcile) bank statement, and removed compression bandage. My food does not look bad, just a small bruise. It is sore, but not in the expected place! It's sore at the site of the unrelated break from last fall. My knees are feeling the effects of dance class cancellation and foot treatment. There is a class starting in April, but it is only 3 weeks. I really must resolve the dance situation. Loading the dishwasher is part of nightly routine, but I started it this morning so I didn't have to listen to the new noise. Wonder how long until I need a new dishwasher? If I have to hand wash dishes for a little while, I will get out Grandmother's china.

Today the movers are supposed to call about installing my stove tomorrow :D :D :D . Tonight, I have dinner with a friend. My WTF lists are the same as yesterday, since I did not do them.

Helia: Sometimes kids graduate and walk away from their faith only to RUN back later!

Yuck! Overturned portapotties near DeeClutter!

Return to “Post When You Can”