Friday Fun

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Friday Fun

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Double "Oy" here, Twins. Dsonil is upset with dd because a house she's found that she likes (and he will too!) is 4 miles down the road. Said, "When we started out I said I wanted to live OUT of Polk County and all of a sudden here we are still in Polk Co." Actually he told dd a few months ago that it really didn't matter if they were out of this county. And actually right now that would not be terribly feasible. If they moved to the east side it would be close to her work and much more expensive. If they moved to the west side it would be close for him, but very far for her. Yi! I have never been able to figure out why he wants to move out of the county. Doesn't really seem to make much sense. Well I guess we'll see what we'll see. :roll:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Supper is cooking.

DS8 just came in from playing almost non-stop outside. In the last 8 hours, he only came in to use the bathroom and get something to eat & drink. He would take the food & water outside with him because he didn't want to stop long enough to eat indoors. I am so very thankful for the neighborhood kids that are also interested in playing outside and they get along with each other.

While DS8 is resting I put on a Magic School Bus science show about plants for him to watch. Next week he starts studying plants in biology (Science) so the Netflix show is a beginner overview to the parts of a plant. Win Win.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Yea I have good news to report I saw Hank the dog on our walk I think this is his home around the corner and down the lane a bit. He was playing with another dog. Not a very tall fence but he stayed, looked up at us but kept on playing he has room to run and play there they have some acrage.

Listening to some Irish tunes. It is 64* out side rain in the forecast tomorrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:39 pm

My bathroom is finished! Good thing because the painter got back to dd2 and he wanted $4500 to paint 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and the stairway plus replace some baseboard. He said it will take 12 days. When dh heard this, he told me that he would do the job, she would just need to pay for paint, trim, etc. I told him that dd2 and I would also paint. She had told her dh, that the amount was more than 2 house payments, so she would just paint it herself and would get it on the market when it is done. The kids started spring break today and none of them go back to school until March 21. The boys flew with their dad to Phoenix today to go to spring training games and the pro basketball game. They fly back next Wednesday to Colorado Springs, so dd2, the 2 little girls and dgd20 who got time off work, will pick them up and go to Denver for their spring break trip and come home that Saturday. She won't be able to really accomplish much as far as painting until they are back in school. But with dh and I helping, she should be able to list it by the end of the month. I did not even ask him, he just offered. I told dh to text her, since it was his idea. She was very appreciative that he would do this after spending so much time on my bathroom.

Happy Birthday LordMaverick!

Empty, that is so exciting that your kids have planned a surprise trip for their ddads 80th birthday. That will be a special time for all of you.

Our internet, phone and cable was out for several hours, so guess I'll post this and then cuop.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Happy Birthday Mr LM. I see retirement hasn't meant being retiring.

Saturday washing is on the line. I see some more tops just washed I'm ready to release, and a couple of bras as well came out of my drawer this morning. They are to go.

Clouds are often catching out the sun, but I think the washing will be dry soon.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 pm

Happy Birthday Lord M!

Just back from a morning out at the beach where I succeeded in. . .
- jogging 7 miles! 8-) That's my longest jog yet. I was pretty tired afterward, and my tummy was out of sorts for about 15 minutes. This was the first cloudy day we've had and temps weren't too hot, which helped a lot. I've learned I'm not a warm weather jogger; I prefer running on a 25 degree day to a 75 degree day.
- cancelling out calories burned from running by having one last breakfast in a cafe' on the beach with dh.
- buying some souvenirs with the help of dh for our 3 kids, tot J (she now has 2 -- it's so fun to buy for the little ones!), and S and R.

We're supposed to call dd18 soon but dh has fallen asleep on the sofa. He's setting his alarm for 4 a.m. these days, trying to make the transition back home easier. He just told me that we change clocks on Sunday, which means we have another hour added to our jetlag. 9.5 hours of body time to adjust to. . . Next week will be a bit rough. I hope I have a light work assignment.

Also, we were awoken at 2 a.m. by dd21 calling us wanting instructions to set up the generator at our house. She was at the house with dfriend S. The C family has moved into our house since we have a generator and they don't. They live in the same neighborhood, so we're on the same no-power schedule. It's a win-win situation! They get a warm house and we get to know that our heat is on so the pipes won't burst. And our hens have water. And heat. S told me that the power might be back Sunday. It is possible the C family will still be staying at our house when we return from Australia. LOL! We can just take the guest bed in the play room if that's the case.

Afternoon goals:
- call dd18
- morning routine
- butcher and groc. store -- quick run for pork chops to grill tonight and odds and ends
- pack
- some emails.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Am struggling to get things done. I think I'll go to bed now. I'm exhausted.

Had a rest this afternoon, then dressed up and headed off to the supper. I was in charge of setup which went slowly due to few people but we were ready to serve at the posted start time. Dh and I didn't have time to pick up a salad (I should not have taken the rest time) but that was OK, there was a huge salad. I did bring a punch and it was almost all gone so that was good.

We stayed from start to finish and forgot the drink dispenser so will have to get that on Sunday.

The meal was a success with us serving 50 adults and about 20 children. Children eat for free so we are finding that increases the number of people that come. It is an experiment many churches are trying.

I spent most of the time with a new woman and her daughter. They moved to the village in January and we happened to be there the day she first came. Also with the other family that comes to our turkey dinners.

I put the posters for tomorrow up after I got home. I'm having decaf tea but it isn't helping revive me. I'm up to 9200 steps and have over 12K extra for the weekend so staying up is not necessary for any reason.

Helia At some point the jet lag becomes manageable because it is so insanely off body time. I can't remember when, though but I think for me it is around 10 hours. So you are close. I'm struggling here the wrong way, I'm up early in the morning and want to go to bed early at night despite it being only 6 p.m. right now in California. So obviously, my body is very confused.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:01 pm

blessed, I am stomping my feet with crossed arms at the very IDEA of you being out of techno-touch for a week. So sorry about computer troubles. Unfair!

Happy Birthday to both Lilac (I think I forgot!) and LadyM's dh!

(((((lucylee))))) I promise to NOT eat something in your honor. It will have to be tomorrow, though, since I definitely had dessert tonight. HRH says by eating some I "saved him from himself". Is that really a thing? :roll: You and dh are on my mind.

We had a lovely walk along the big city brick walkways - singing birds, blooming flower beds. Computers there were up and running today so paperwork done. Uneventful trip home "the long way" rather than highways.

The blooms and birds will be quite different for the next good while. Snow is forecast and the wind is high. We have conflicting predictions. Don't know if the precip will be Sun or Mon. But as far as the temp change goes, there's no doubt - we can "feel it in our bones". Have turned the heat back on ahead of this.

For a late lunch I made a truly huge stir-fry in HRH's largest frying pan we seldom use. It was so attractive in the black frying pan on the black stove-top, that on the spur of the moment I decided to snap a photo. Dstepson was here, but I emailed the other children saying this was a "snap-chat" (lol) of my lunch PLATE :lol: and asked if that wasn't what techno-savvy people do - take photos of their plated meals to show everyone. Then I asked them if they had eaten their veggies today. Ds and dd18 did not respond. Dd37 emailed, "You are crazy!" :D

I'm ready with the reports all 'round for church this weekend. I'll email tomorrow afternoon and thumbtack the next morning by 8:15. That should show that I'm informing everyone very close to the same time. HRH was saying that I was obsessing but I got him to think about it more and consider individuals, and he came around to my way of obsessing!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Because I was having so much fun painting rocks & gardening hardly got any house work done. I worked on digging a bit on the bush stump I needed the dirt to fill in a low spot next to the house in back. I am gathering up rocks in the yard to redo some areas. washing the rocks for painting fun this summer. I need to set up a better spot for drying them. Yd wk is my exercise. I walked a bit as well today.
H brought home take out for dinner.

Return to “Post When You Can”