Saturday Simplicity

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Saturday Simplicity

Postby Sunny » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:54 pm

A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LORD M!

This day has been a normal Saturday for me. Weekend chores are done. Another LOL is finished. Dh and I took a short walk down the street and he did his other exercises.

I have two clocks yet to turn ahead, my clock radio in the bedroom and the kitchen clock. Our cuckoo clock had stopped some months ago and finally a few days ago dh had taken it down off the wall for me. It takes C-batteries and we finally remembered to pick some up yesterday at Sam's when we picked up his RX refill. I put the batteries in this morning and set the time an hour ahead and hung it back on the wall.

It's a nice day here; sunny and warm. Hoping everyone stays safe and warm in the days ahead with the winter weather back again.

WOW, Dee! That was fast. Good luck to you all on the move. I agree with Kathryn's good advice!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 pm

I washed my rocks so glad I did found one special keeper on with possible amithysist got a bunch from a rock houndneigh or when he moved out a number of years ago. Others of interist like petrified wood, and agate & quartz sp?
57* & cloudy outside here now missing the sun but glad for no snow.
I need to begin setting clocks ahead thanks for that great idea ladies.
It is time to feed hens again.
H is on his way home from his outting.
Fed hens.
It is raining again - oh joy.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:42 pm

I'm posting w/out cuop :oops: b/c FINALLY we are having a (reasonably) good day!
Last night, dh felt so much better that we went out to a movie. Been quite a while (almost a month?) since we went out like that. He was tired afterwards, just from walking from parking lot into theater, but we enjoyed getting out for a "normal" night for a change. He couldn't sleep in the bed -- and he KNOWS some of this HAS TO BE psychological -- but he says once you've had that terrifying feeling of awaking and not being able to breathe, you want to do anything possible to avoid it. So he was back in the car for several hours last night... :roll: But otherwise, he seems to be feeling slightly better.

Today, dgs and I went to Next Town, to get an autograph from one of our college team players. A local department store has college players in to do this periodically (for $10 w/purchase or $15 without :roll: ) and I took dgs last year, so now he has a minature helmet with three players and the coach's autographs on it.
After that we swapped the shirt I had ordered for him for Easter. They sent a 6 and dgs needs a 5.
And after that we went to T arget and got baby shower gift for the girl I mentioned the other day. Thank goodness, she had selections at T arget. DGS helped me pick out a stuffed animal he liked b/c it was "cuddly." Then we ate at the Pizza Hut inside T arget and came home.
DGS was sooo good ALL afternoon. One of us spilled our coke... but it wasn't dgs... :oops:

So now we're home and he is playing on my phone and looking at the atlas.

Hope you're all having a good -- and SIMPLE -- Saturday. Don't forget your clocks tonight!
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi!

Busy night last night and a busy day today. Our friends had us over for tea last night. They are preparing to move (May 1st) They have been selling stuff on Kii jii jii (?) (Does that word mean anything?) They had an indoor garage sale today. We were given a truck load of things last night and even more stuff today. Mostly tools, but a couple of pictures as well. I was also given 2 huge bags full of heavy duty white hangers. They plan on getting rid of almost all furniture except their bedroom set and 2 sofas/couches/chesterfields/whatever you call them.

We also did some grocery shopping in Niagara Falls.

Our accountant came over this morning to pick up some papers.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:57 pm

LOL -- obviously I'm late to the game on reminders for tomorrow -- I was just thinking tomorrow would be everything BUT simple if one forgot to set clocks tonight.
I hate this night/tomorrow morning. Losing that hour of sleep is so difficult. I am definitely glad I am retired. I especially hated it when I was working and had a 6:00 a.m. alarm. * sheesh * Sooo glad those days are over.

I am going to try to get dgs to sleep a little earlier tonight, b/c it will be hard to get him up and at 'em in the morning.
Then tomorrow night, I think we will have him AND dgd, b/c ddil has work in Monday morning and ds will not be home till after she leaves. But ds will come get them probably before lunch time, and dgs has no school on Mondays, so it will be okay... IF dgd will sleep, that is. We won't pick them up until close to bedtime tomorrow night.

Speaking of dgs -- he has had nothing but good days since the parent conference. I wonder just how much of this is related to A sperger's and how much is just that ds/ddil needed to get his attention about behaving himself at school? (Rose?) I am really anxious to see exactly what the outside evaluator has to say about this child. He was very talkative with the lady in front of us in line at the autograph event, although everytime her 2-yr-old dd moved closer to him, dgs moved closer to me and behind me. The 2-yr-old WAS kinda odd though, and had a mean look on her face (her mother told her to quit making that mean face and show her sweet smile.)

Very exciting to think how quickly this move may take place, Dee! I know you will all be glad to have that behind you!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:05 pm

You are right, Kathryn, and dd would fully agree. I'll only be packing up the rest of our stuff and they'll do the lifting, moving etc. I guess they're still waiting on the okay from the house they want to buy. They offered the asking price so unless they have another offer above that they're good. Just waiting to hear for certain. But the closing date, if they agree to the purchase offer, is still April 14th. DD is just glad to know what they are going to be doing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Well Dee, sometimes things go smoothly all 'round. :!: I'm happy for you two, and for dd and dsonil.

lucylee, that's great that you had some away time together.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Dee!!! Oh wow! That is an extremely FAST sell/buy/closing date. I totally agree with Kathryn. It is extremely vital that you don't overdo. Your body is recovering from a major health event. Please be careful during this move.

DGD19 and I went to 4 stores in 5 hours. Two of the stops were grocery stores, plus HobbyLobby and Dollar store. He now has the bare basics for his apartment and also some decorating items. His kitchen is now stocked with over 2 weeks of food for 3 meals a day plus more. He was one happy, excited and extremely grateful fella. Happy Grandson = Happy Nana. :)

We are having a Retro type dress day at our church too. When it was announced to the congregation last week the elder said: "We are going to have a western dress day." Everyone looked confused because about half the congregation wears western clothes every day. Then he said, "We are going to have an old timey dress day like they dressed in the 1800's." THEN we understood what he was trying to say.

I put 20 bags of salsa and 6 meals size portions of roast beef into the freezer. I am done with cooking for 24 hours....at least.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Dee, have you and your dh seen the new house? At least your dd can get settled before she heads north for her summer retreat. I hope your dsil will do a better job of keeping things picked up. He's too old for someone to have to pick up after him. It sounds like he could almost live in his man cave.

My dh spent today cleaning out his garage. It has been driving him crazy and he said as soon as the bathroom was done, he would be cleaning it. It is so organized, everything is always just so. He sorted through stuff and threw away anything he decided he didn't need plus everything was moved and cleaned, over, under, behind, etc. He really enjoys his garage. He has a wall furnace, an air conditioner, tv and fridge, plus his music system. When he had 2 motorcycles, he had moved a work bench into the sunroom. Now he can move it back to the garage.

I spent all day going through all of the boxes of things that had been in the bathroom before the reno started. Then I put things away in drawers and cabinets. I threw a lot outdated stuff away. I have a box of new products that I don't need. I am going to have both my dgds20 see if they want anything. What they don't want I will donate when the church has their annual day of service. Everything is donated and free. I need to go through all of my clothes before then and turn loose of anything I don't or won't wear.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Cathy: Kijiji is the the Swahili word for village. That and tembo (elephant) are the only words I know.

Return to “Post When You Can”