Saturday Simplicity

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Saturday Simplicity

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:25 pm

ease before setting back the clock tonight. Enjoy!
Oh, don't set them BACK, Twins. You will really be off if you do. (Spring AHEAD, Fall BACKWARD) Just for the heck of it I looked at our w eatherbug on my phone to see what it says in the wee hours of tomorrow. There's a 1AM and a 3AM. No 2AM. Just was wondering.

Well first couple has been here to look at house. Another is coming at 1:30. DD/dsonil were to look at a house at noon, but their realtor is stuck on 1-4. Surprise, surprise -right Harmony/Sunny?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:11 pm

ahem. I knew that, Dee. :oops:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:29 pm

At least anyone else knows now too. :lol:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Yes forward go the clocks tonight. We lose an hour of sleep.

I am taking it easy today. Slept in an hour. Got dressed late.

The end table I bought has a slight febreeze smell that I have been trying to remove. I'd wiped it with Mur phy's Oil soap but that didn't help. Today I washed it down with white vinegar, rinsed, rewiped with stronger solution of M O S and then dried. I have it sitting outside now in the sun to see if that helps.

Also went out and reworked all the passion fruit vines on the entry arbor arch. They were growing wild and we were in danger of having to use a machete to get into the house. I took a few cuttings and stuck them in water. Dneighbor had given this vine to me as cuttings in a vase and then hers died and ours took off. I swear it grows a foot every day. Hehehe, I'm going to return the favor. :lol:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:37 pm

I slept in today. Was able to track down & meet Hanks owner today talked to her and I said how he was harrassing my hens, and that he could jump the fence here it is was the same height as one there and the other dog could open her gate her phones were down and she was heading out to retreave him again. :roll:

H went to town had to come back for something I had just made coffee so he was glad about that.

Did my walk and some yd work moved some dirt fir the hens to fill in a low spot. Move the buckets of rocks that I filled kast nite. Washed one bucket of them sorted a few for painting.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:58 pm

:)

Clearly, if we get both Twins' and Dee here early enough in the day, we'll always know what's going on, one way or another.

I'm in a sweater. And finding another reason I like memory foam for my daily uniform shoes. There's a mattress commercial that says memory foam lets you sink in, but then lets you get warm, which isn't good for a mattress. It sure is good for your tootsies, though. Looks like the cold is going to be the story this weekend, not snow, or at least not snow that stays. That's best, I'm sure.

Music is in the binder. A birthday card ready.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:14 pm

After all the grumbling dsonil did about where/if they were moving. He loved the house and in particular the workshop. It's a very large shop with a terrazzo floor already. He was drooling from that point on. :roll: They ended up putting an offer on that house contingent on their house selling. They're preapproved for a mortgage. They also are accepting the original offer from the first people who looked at their house. So it remains if they will accept the 'acceptance'. And then the new house would have to be accepted. Although they offered the asking price. So I guess we'll see. We're going to be getting a move on very soon -literally I fear. They've already decided to give dh and me the master suite as it has a walk in shower and the other bath has a tub. They would eventually be putting in a shower though.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Oh my gosh! :o :shock: Closing date on this house: April 14, 2017. Closing date on other house: April 14, 2017. We are going to be buuussssyyyy! But I'm going to have to be careful more than ever not to overdo!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Dee: you and your dh are responsible for moving your stuff. NOTHING MORE! Make that your mantra. This is your daughter and son-in-law's decision and move. They are grown ups. They do not need your help (although I give you permission to make snacks to help fuel them while they are moving) and you do not have the energy or physical strength to move them.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Done the book swap. Ended up with probably too many books. All the dvds went but there are a lot of CDs to put on the shelf as well.

Return to “Post When You Can”