Sunday Rise and Shine

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Sunday Rise and Shine

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Just took dgs home -- now waiting on him to get back, bc ddil is taking dgd to the walk-in clinic. Her fever had just been all over the place the last 24 hrs. Up to 104... down to 94. She started to go to ER last night but changed her mind. DS out of town and she's really stressed out about it all, which I would be too!

Dh is s l o w l y beginning to feel better but STILL cannot sleep in bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:26 pm

I am back from a store run. They had craft paint back in stock yea!
Fed hens picked up the back yard as well.
Dgds are stopping by gotta go spiff the place up.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Good news -- dgd does NOT have the flu!
Bad news -- she has an ear infection. So she is on alternating motrin/tylenol and taking an antibiotic.

More good news -- ddil does not have to work tomorrow! * HUGE sigh of relief here * I was sooo nervous about keeping her tonight if she was going to be running fever all night and crying b/c she felt so bad. I had much rather she be at home with her mommy when she is sick.

We actually got some snow flurries last night, big, pretty flakes -- but it was all gone as soon as it fell. I'm glad, b/c I am in no mood for winter weather! It's awfully chilly right now, but bright and sunny.

Twins, are you using some particular closet company or just designing this yourself, or what? I wish I had my closet redone -- and dh's will eventually HAVE TO be re-done. His shelf is gradually falling out of the wall. Except for the closet in ds's old room, (which STILL is packed with ds's stuff) all our closets are just the standard shelf and hanging bar... blah blah blah... NOT the best use of space, but definitely the most economical way to go when you're building a house.

(((Dee))) I am so sorry you had such a rough night. I can certainly imagine... dh is still spending half the night in the car here... it's insane.
Does your dd work at these hockey games or is it a school function or just for fun? Have I missed something completely?
Also, I know the anticipation nerves are running full speed as y'all wait to get the final word on the houses! So exciting!!!

Waving to Nancy... Cathy... Kathryn... LadyM... Lynlee... blessed... and Harriet.

Yes. New time. Ugh. Glad I don't have babies and animals to fight with over the clock. ;) It WAS a sleepy Sunday here, too, though, and it was not too hard to convince dgs that he had to lie down and be quiet for granddaddy and me to nap... and he was out like a light and slept longer than I did!

baby #2 in the past 2 years to go along with the 5 other children he has adopted and is raising.

:shock: WOW. Just WOW.

Well, since the change of plans, with ddil not having to work tomorrow, we will be taking dgs to Wmart with us, and will take him to eat at K rystal, since he wanted it last night.

Looks like a busy week ahead of me, too.
Tomorrow, I have to go to the doctor's office and get the paperwork to take to cardiologist on Wed. Also have to get dmom's meds to her, and have a church meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, I suspect I will be either babysitting dgd or going to nursing home w/ds & dh. * HOPING dh feels like going over there w/ds!
Wednesday, D-DAY... cardiologist appt for dh. Y'all PLEASE keep praying for this to go well, with no further testing needed.

And... somehow, I have GOT to get myself back on track with
(1) exercise. All that food I've been packing away... yeah. It showed up on the scales today. I knew it was coming... :roll: and
(2) routines -- and I'm not talking about zones here -- I'm talking about just the daily-weekly stuff that seems to just fall off my radar with the FAMILY FATIGUE I've had lately. I told dh, doctor doesn't know the half of it. He thinks I'm just stressed w/dmom & dh. He doesn't have any idea how much Nana-duty I do! After having both grands all day and into the night Wednesday, I needed Thurs & Fri to recuperate. I did NOTHING house-related after I finished the vacuuming Tuesday, until today, when I did the basic Sunday stuff -- which I probably would not have done most of that if I didn't know dh would be asking about it -- check for newspaper man, wipe out refrigerator for the week before buying groceries (we have a leak somewhere and I have to wipe out water below the veg bins every week). Did my allergy shots... watered plants (dgs loved helping with that)... washed lunch dishes (except the salad bowl I emptied later from the refrigerator)... and I still have not s/s the baths (and they need it desperately!) Still have not emptied & aired out humidifier... Still need to do dmom's meds for tomorrow... sigh... I better get busy with the timer and the check list!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Dgds have left.
It is nearly time for dinner prep., and letting out the hens.
Dinner is a hit!
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:24 pm

We had 2 inches accumulate and were shaking our heads over the change in weather while scraping the car windows at 8:15 this morning. It continued with large flakes and was still sputtering snow when we left church. But by now a lot has gone. More will be joining it tomorrow, though. Tuesday morning will tell the tale about whether we have any real worries from these two wintery precips. Of course, plants, trees - that's difficult.

My flowering plum tree appeared to be covered in pink snow when we got home from church.

Went out to eat with dstepson's family for lunch.

And then napped, after getting less sleep last night.

Took dd18 back to campus - she pumped gas for me along the way.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:28 pm

Home.

Dh split his pants unloading books for the library shelf. Which reminds me, I should make sure that's in good shape.

Anyway, luckily he has 3 pairs of black dress pants and quickly changed.

Church went well. After we picked up the drink dispenser from the village church and then went to dd's.

Dsil had said to come even though dgs was sleeping. Dd then texted to say he'd be asleep until at least 5 (it was 3 at this point) but we were invited for supper so come anyway.

We did and had a visit with them before the baby woke up, then a play with baby after our supper. He looks different again today.

I'll see him on Thursday and we booked a birthday dinner for dd for Saturday. I made her make the reservations while I was there and we could only get 5 p.m., not 6 as we hoped. So she was thankful I had her book in advance.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Working on my "still have nots"
[x] s/s the baths (and they need it desperately!)
[x] emptied & aired out humidifier
[x] Wmart, put away groceries
[ ] wash two items in sink
[ ] do dmom's meds for tomorrow
[ ] smooth out Wmart bags for church ministry
[ ] exercise
[ ] watch Big Little Lies
[ ] do today's Bible reading

Ha -- I should do a 5x5 a.m. each night, shouldn't I?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”