Motivated Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Motivated Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 pm

I have painted the closet but it doesn't look very good to me. I may need to do another coat of paint. The gal at Lowes assured me this paint had good coverage so I may be trying to roll it too thin, and otoh, painting a bright white over a "builder's white" is a recipe for missing spots too. I would have had enough paint to start but not finish the biggest wall across from the door, so I went back to Lowes for another gallon, in the rain. The guy there asked about the closet lighting and suggested charitably that it could be the lighting too.

And on the way to Lowes I got rear-ended. Traffic was backing up because it narrowed down to one lane ahead, and the gal behind me didn't realize it in time. I watched her in my rear view mirror not stopping. She did try to change lanes toward the passenger side to miss me, but hit on the rear passenger side bumper. Her car, a Maxima was a mess - crumpled hood, headlight housing broken up. I have some scrapes on my bumper - not too bad but I am hearing a rattling in the rear end I hadn't heard before.

So I am done for the evening. I wrapped up the paint tray and rollers & brush and sealed in alum foil in the refrigerator outside, and will continue painting tomorrow if needed, if not the liner in the tray goes out and I'll clean everything else up.

I am T.I.R.E.D.

LadyM, the movie is based on a book that my dfriend M loves. But I would think it's not a kiddie movie. I haven't read the book or seen the movie, I'm still a little too raw about my Chief.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Happy Birthing Day DHarriet

Monday
photocopied a rdg for mtg in the afternoon.
Met w church lady K. I think we are a match. Talked for an age.
Spoke to parish secretary re this, and getting books for her.
home
text to coordinator of course. who needs prayers .... D and sibling, her elderly, ill parents they wish to 'move'
15 min for lunch
otd
MH support group
talked with folk after that.
I was so tired. Went looking for something for me to eat before the drive home.
home
rtn ph call to K. They will be away tripping around Australia after Easter, but she still wants that time covered. Skype then? yikes. I have never been connected like this to anyone. We set a time @ Wed mass to get things ?sorted? with another.
finally a rest. tv and mindless computer.
Supper I/l dinner was way after 10.
Sleep was delayed.

Tuesday
tmeds, prayers and rdgs happened
bfst.
Seems I am not ready for yoga class about to start.. It would good to do some anyway.
There is a women's meeting 1hr 15 to otd for that. Or do I need some clear air?
Then decl utter lesson this afternoon. Homework questions still to fill in.
whoooaaa.

at some stage whenever -
need to do something re new ph/internet connection. Provider has delivered a package which I have not opened, nor rung them about to ensure my plan has not changed.
and more and more and more..

adding
LM - Lots of children's movies are not children's movies imo. I've often been confronted.

Kathryn - re the Mourna ?sp movie (I haven't seen it). I've heard radio discussion of the Disney treatment of that ancient tale, and also how initial 'missionaries' to NZ reappropriated concepts in their legends to mean something different as it suited the Jewish-Christian tradition. Some things were lost in that. Overall - he would take his daughter to see it, though he was not sure of all the steriotypes presented.
Personally I think adding sugar to the Pacific Islander Men has not been helpful in adding mass.
For the indigenous here I think it causes so much kidney and bs disease rather than mass.

ouch Twins. You will need to get your bumper checked too as the crumple technology is so sensitive, and you may need it in the future. My dd told me this. Bumper bars aren't what they were in the tough steel age with a chrome coating.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 pm

What was the name of that dog movie? A dog purpose by any chance? H is home and he approves of dinner plans. :mrgreen:
It is raining might walk ddog anyway but I did ex. bike today.

Did anyone see that kid talent show on last nite "little big shot" w Steve Harvey I enjoy that!

Watched Midnight in Paris, enjoyed that one.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:18 pm

LadyM: there was an investigation and the movie producers were cleared. The clip shown that cause all the fuss was edited to misrepresent what was happening on the set. (But in the meantime, the SPCA supervisor on the set had been suspended and was given a bad reputation.) All that said, though, I still knew it wasn't a kids' movie.

My day ended up being fairly quiet. While dh and NFD were walking, NF11 called him 6 times upset because she didn't want to come. So NFD and I talked about it after the walk and he called her to say I would come there. Which I did and we went over the movie in English and I showed her the Arabic trailer. Then we went over my pictures from the trip and then she and I drew out family trees so she could practice the words Uncle and Aunt. And we wrote what countries everyone is in. I already knew but wanted her to figure things out. I found out she's afraid of flying and her mother dislikes cats and dogs (she is afraid of dogs but loves cats.)

We will go to the cinema tomorrow to watch the movie. I pick the girls up at 1 and mother has a doctor's appointment at 4.

I did my own grocery shopping and then came home and did precious little. We had pizza for dinner because I was hungry and didn't want to cook.

Dh is watching a movie now beside me here in the living room and I'm about to go to bed.

I'm feeling under the weather for some reason, intestinal upset of some sort. I've cut back my food a bit yesterday and today in the hopes of helping myself heal. I also gained 4 lbs on the trip so too-tight pants may be a contributing factor. But, in general, I've felt really icky since we got home. So maybe a long, long, time in bed will help reset my problem.

Dh and I were invited to a birthday part on April 8 for one of ds's friends. I like how many of my kids' friends are friends with us too.

Dd's birthday is Saturday and dinner out is now set. Have fun with your ds tonight Harriet! (I still regret we didn't live closer and could have married our children off to each other!)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Twins - your new vehicle? Argh!!

LynLee - I've used Skype sparingly. I am interested in hearing your opinion and experience after you use it.

DD just picked DGD5 up for the night. DGD5 will be back here tomorrow. When DGD5 is here the dynamics are TOTALLY different than when it is just DS8.

DS8 acted out last night. He put one of DGD5 stuffed animal on a sticky trap. The trap was located in a place that isn't accessed easily. it wasn't an accident. DS8 is very territorial about DH and myself. He doesn't want DGD5 to live here and invade "his" space. DS8 and I had a long tear-filled talk about allowing anger to stay in our hearts and how destructive it is.

I need some down time. I am worn a bit thin with 24/7 child care of both DS8 and DGD5. Just give me a couple quiet hours and I'll be good to go again.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:52 pm

(((LadyM))) Don't beat yourself up over the movie. We've all done things we wished we had done differently. I'm sure ds & dgd will survive. I didn't see the movie, partly b/c I had seen the previews, and as sweet as it seemed, I didn't really like the reincarnation theme. But lots of children's movies are not really ideal for children, as others have said here. Think about all the witchcraft in so many Disney movies, and the evil stepmother theme that runs rampart in so many of them. I have always loved Disney -- but when you start disecting the whole story, a lot of it doesn't hold up to good Christian values, or even comforting family relationship values!
I can only imagine the change that comes over the house and how it must affect ds8, LadyM! (((HUGS))) for you both!

(((Twins))) I hope there's no serious damage done to your car!

Hope you feel better soon, Kathryn.

Ugh. I'm not motivated any more. :(
After church meeting and supper, my get-up-and-go has got-up-and-left. * sheesh *
Maybe I'll get my second wind a little later.

Looking at last night's late to-do list, I can check off the following:
(These are the only ones I completed last night, actually --
[x] smooth out Wmart bags for church ministry
[x] watch Big Little Lies

Today I managed to --
[x] do dmom's meds for today * she came and got them at my house
[x] exercise
[x] do today's Bible reading
[x] s/s one bathroom
[x] pick up paperwork at doctor's office
[x] make copies of all paperwork
[x] record Wmart receipt for "bluebird" savings
[x] go to council meeting
[x] go to atm
[x] get photos on computer from phone

It kinda looks like a lot when you list it out like that, but still... :roll:

I have not done the following:
[ ] wash two items in sink (yes, that was on the list last night)
[ ] type council minutes
[ ] laundry
[ ] change sheets

And as I said, motivation seems to have sneaked out the door while I wasn't looking.

Waving to all.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am

It is so cold here. Heat in the house is not keeping up. My nose is cold, so I guess I'm healthy.

It's funny - in my head I know that it's not as cold as it was mid-winter, but every molecule i have is shivering. The brain cells that are saying, "You know, it's not as cold as it was mid-winter," are shivering while they insist. :? Somehow, it is just SO much colder when the temp drops suddenly from a much warmer time. And maybe freezing rain with it makes a difference to the physical house itself - not sure.

I had to take a decongestant early today, and an Exedrin Migraine with supper. Spent the day in a weather-induced chill-sickness, I think. HRH cooked tonight and I really appreciated it. My brain didn't want to compute.

All the posts here are appreciated, too, and maybe tomorrow I'll have the brains to respond. :idea:

Return to “Post When You Can”