Take It Out Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Take It Out Tuesday

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Good later morning everyone! I just got to payroll from the foot doctor, who was an hour late for the appointment. No reason was given, but he is a surgeon, and they have crises on occasions. I can't say it's bad news, but it certainly is annoying. The cyst is already refilling and I need an MRI to find out why. Treatment will be determined by results. The good news is that everything can be scheduled around me walking across lava fields in Hawaii this August. The problem may or may not be resolved by then, but, worst case scenario is drain the cyst a week before the trip and take care of it permanently after I get back. I recommend CathyS learn from my bad example and get to the doctor. Helia can also get her toe checked.

This afternoon, I have three DPCs: insurance company, locksmith, and mom. (#3 is not really dreaded, I just want to tell her what is going on). The insurance company says the address for two of my policies is no longer valid after years of sending me bills. I checked, the bills are paid up.

Tonight is Girls' Night Out with DD15, which will probably be homework. I need to finish a library book, finish email catchup, finish shore excursion research, and would like to pack a sewing room box.

New Mexico may be joining Arizona in remaining on summer time always. The bill has passed the senate and is going to the house. I am strongly in favor and eternally grateful to the person who proposed the bill.

I already have my cleaning lady persona - Elizabeth's Own Maid Service. There is trailer trash and there are people who live in trailers. EO is neither, just a small overextended corporation.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Does anyone know how to make the URL tag work when there are brackets in the address?

I'm guessing that replacing the bracket with AscIi code should work. I've used the Ascii code successful in the past with other characters, but I don't have an example of a url containing a bracket to test it though.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:17 pm

I guess I took dh out today! We are at one of the nursing homes where he and ds and a couple friends sing each month. Dh didn't feel like coming last month, so this is another sign of progress.
He couldn't sleep last night though, and his heart rate is up to 150 today -- so he's a nervous wreck about tomorrow. I'm glad we had to come over here. Later, we'll be watching the grands for a few hours, so that will help keep dh's mind off himself.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:36 pm

I think I am done with the closet. I hope so. I am in awe of those who paint well - I have a friend who always does her own painting and her house is always fabulous - and the professionals. I've had a crisis over this "White paint that is supposed to cover well not covering so well." Some areas at the ceiling and corners still look under unpainted. I'll touch up anything else after the closet is installed, if I need to do so.

I need to just rest a few, then do the clean up.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Great job on closet d twins - hi all - my computer is ready for pick up - and I had a lovely lunch w d friend
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Home from the movie. Not sure how much NF11 got but she enjoyed the slapstick moments.

The storm is getting very bad and will get worse. At this point there's a bad accident down along the seaway. Over 30 vehicles including a tanker that has lost its load of highly toxic chemicals. Those trapped on the highway are ordered to stay in their cars since breathing and touching this stuff is dangerous. The emergency responders are using Hazmat and mass casualty evacuation methods now. It is very cold and windy which will make matters worse for those trapped. Further along a number of vehicles have been blown off the highway. Up here it isn't as bad but it isn't good either. We'll get less snow and wind but still significant amounts of both.

I am so tired of winter. As our the NFs.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:34 pm

All three DPCs done! I will be seeing the locksmith on Saturday after my shift at cat clinic. Mom has been appraised of the newest developments with my foot. The insurance has been fixed online. It turns out that it was not MY address that had changed but theirs. They have a new payment processing location, so I fixed the address at my bank for when I do electronic payments. Non-electronic payments are just fine. And, of course, I was never in arrears, so no crisis.

I made progress on the book over lunch. Fortunately, it is a fast read. Today's home WTF item is now email catchup.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:37 pm

I took the ddog put for a walk glad we got out while the sun was out and westhwr was the best today. Took the rose bush in a pot outside on the deck. Glad to hear the storm is better than it could have been back East.

We have purple violets and crocus in bloom here now!

I did finally make it to the guild meeting enjoyed the outting. Learned this spot may be for a limited time only. :roll: oh well we have had lots of different places to met. Like I said before I left we will meet here while it works when it does not we will do something different. One gal started to go down the negative rabbit hole but the conversation got diverted avoiding a rerun of all that. But I recognize how much of a challenge it is to be positive and upbeat there so limiting how often I attend is a good thing, like not going much since fall. I did learn that the bread maker broke at the place we used to go mgt. it is being reorgnized doubtful it will reopnen. Too bad bc it was in a great location and had a good clientele & following.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Dh came home from work just after my last post. He brought me blue flowers to go with my toe. He said he tried to get purple, but they looked wilted. These flowers are daisies and they are a very bright shade of blue. Much appreciated.

We had lunch and then I went for a nap. I woke up right at 5. UGH! I hope I can sleep tonight. At one point dh was in the bed playing with the cat. When I woke up the cat was curled up with a paw over her face and the part of the eye that I could see was shut.

Supper is now cooking. We are having Hamburger Helper Stroganoff flavor with sautéed onions and peas added.

It is still snowing here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:49 pm

hugs and prayers everyone.
commiserations and sending safe vibes to those with trying weather. esp those up Kathryn's way.

My day is started.
tada
tmeds
turned on computer and found a 42 min Hatha yoga class and did it straight away. My lower back is rapidly losing the strength it needs for helpful posture through the day since I'm not getting it any let alone enough classes.
prayers and readings.
breakfast.

cuppa hot water is before me.
I would like to attend to dishes before I go otd - but with just 10 min before then.
Maybe stacked in readiness would help. And I need the hydration to.

Motivation was yesterday's topic, and slowly I'm getting to think of what my goals are. thinking here
physically fit enough for a healthy ongoing lifestyle is one.
as well as having my household environment more pleasing to the eye and soul.
and regularly exercising my creative and inventive muscle.
mentally fit too, not unduely disturbed by externals - people places things - while having/sending compassion, but not me being a helpless wreck in response. My spiritual self is in there too.
having healthy relationships.

looks like that is my 5 things.

I tried to engage Charmaine to help in house when my dds were at hs. Her 'uniform' included a headscarf. kidlets got scared by this so Charmaine didn't come back, and nothing got done for an age. Fast forward through the decades.
I think I'd like to hire her while there is no one else here being disagreeable.

Must move.
mtg at church after mass.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”