Take It Out Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Take It Out Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 am

I love ❤️ the thought of taking stuff out

Hi all I hope I can b w u today - wishing u the best day ever

I have lunch w a dear friend
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:00 am

There is such a difference in writing styles between me and Twins. It would not have been easy to miss if I had been rear-ended. I think part of it is Twins being stoic. Also with all that has happened in her life over the past 12 months, this is pretty minimal BUT that doesn't mean it isn't significant. I'd high tail it to a doctor or chiropractor to make sure everything is OK. Being jarred like that is not something our bodies can take without complaining.

My friend who hit a car crossing her path at full (or fuller speed, she claimed she was going 50 when she hit her brakes although it is a 40 zone) told me she was fine the day off the accident. Then I didn't hear from her for weeks and sure enough, she isn't fine, her jaw is seized again, her neck is agony and she's in constant pain. Since she spent ages getting unaddicted to painkillers she is reluctant to take any. So she is an unhappy camper.

I did a mile on the treadmill and worked on my sermon research for a bit. Have more of that to do until 11:30 when I'll break for my lunch.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:14 am

((CathyS))

I broke a toe in high school. I tripped over my enormous calculus book that was on the floor of my messy bedroom. LOL! I think it didn't heal completely straight, but that has never bothered me -- until I ran 7 miles on Saturday. My toe was the only part of my body that hurt after the run. It is possible I won't be able to run too long b/c of my toe. We'll have to see. I never saw that coming.

Trash and recycling is going out tonight.

Oh my goodness! I'm not cuops, and I had missed that Twins had a car wreck. (((HUGS))) I hope you're OK.

Well, I've been going through a few pieces of mail at a time. This morning, I found a letter from the IRS asking for more info. for our 2016 tax return -- which we haven't even filed yet. This is disturbing on so many levels. We do have an option of checking: I did not file this return. I'm hoping this is just an IRS glitch and not a result of someone having stolen our identities. The letter came to our address. . . . I'm glad we have an accountant who can help sort this out. We have 20 days from the date of the letter, which of course came while we were out of the country. We still have 9 days. Not a great way to start my day.

It is sunny and clear and cold here today! DD18 told us yesterday that NYC is forecast to get 12 - 20 inches of snow today! Classes for her are cancelled.

I'm revisiting some of my goals from yesterday b/c it became clear as the day went on that even though my body was awake, my brain felt like it was supposed to be asleep. I perked up in the evening. Dh and I booked our trip to visit dd18 in 1.5 weeks.

Main Goals for today:
1. Groc. shopping
2. Jogging
3. Meet with my supervisor at 3 pm
4. Continue with laundry: 3 loads done yesterday, 3 more to do today
5. Finish unpacking; I'm nearly there!
6. Dinner: tuna pasta and green salad.

Dh invited the C family over for dinner tonight without checking with me first. Ergh. He also wants to invite ds and dd21 over for dinner on Wednesday. We have a full crew (just 4 adults + 1 tot) coming to our Th. dinner event. AND we're hosting small group on Saturday. I was kind of irritated that he'd done that. That's a lot of hosting for me while still jetlagged.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 am

Late start to my day again.

New time takes awhile to get used to.

Ddil let us know via Facebook that dgs was admitted to hospital. The jaundice hangs on. Checked this morning and they might be coming back home soon.

I'm going to get busy in the meantime while I wait for news.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:45 am

Good Morning, all from Sunny AZ where the time never changes.

It doesn't make it any easier for me as all those I love are in other time zones that I now have to remember.

It is a beautiful day and I was able to walk Dakota in just a sweatshirt. Lots of flowers blooming on cacti. Our neighbor has a huge bunch of claret cup that are blooming bright scarlet. Several others have some sort of 5 petaled flower that goes from pale lemon to bright orange. It is a daisy type flower but we also have a lot of California poppies blooming, too.

Sorry for those still having winter (like all my kids) but I'm sure glad we moved out here.

Good news!! Went to kidney Dr. yesterday and she said I am doing very well and she doesn't need to see me for 8 months. "What ever you are doing- keep it up" was a direct quote.

I am waiting for a call from PCUSA to give me a password and login. As Clerk of Session, I need to approve the form the Pastor Nominating Committee is putting up on the website for our new pastor. Exciting times here.

Sorry to hear about your car accident, Twins. Please take care and have it checked out. Sometime jolts like that hurt days afterwards.

Guess I will go fold clothes while waiting for the phone call.

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 am

I got rocks I cleaned off the out door kitchen they were dry and ready to use but we had rain in the nite so they need to dry now they can do that in buckets. I am feeling better now.

Need to wash my hair next. X
Some sketching ideas of spring to do.
I have stuff to take out ... x
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Decided that if I needed a name for my new persona of "cleaning lady" it would be Pinky! Dh doesn't like the colour pink on grown women. I have 2 pink tank tops. Right now I am wearing them together with pink ponytail holders! Pinky isn't from the trailer park though. Dh used to live in one, and a very good friend of mine lives in the same one as well as some friends of dh's. My friend's home/trailer is nicer than anything my ex MIL ever lived in, for all her putting on the airs and graces attitude. (My XMIL)

Pinky has almost finished the bathroom, because the cat seems to want to keep using the cat litter box whenever I decide it's time to clean it. The rest of the room is done, and my goodness, ex cleaning lady sure as heck didn't get things as clean as I thought. There are 5 pictures in there, and the tops all have dust on them. Not just 2 weeks worth, but more like a few months worth. :x

Break time/lunch is over. Music is cranked up loud!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm

Slow OH so slow start to our day. I let DS8 sleep until he woke up. He slept until 10:30am!!! Over 13 hours of sleep. It was costly (time wise) but I thought DS8 needed the sleep to reboot physically, mentally & emotionally.

DS8 is taking the last section of the CAT test. This section of the test is Reading Comprehension (45 questions) so it is taking a while to do. I am looking forward to finding out what the complete test results shows as DS8 weak areas (knowledge gaps). I don't trust my untrained & inexperienced teacher abilities to recognize all the gaps.

My plans for today include -
** Celebrate Donald's Birthday. Even though he died 4 years ago I want the happy memories of his life to be remembered more than his death.
** Homeschool Day 138
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning- Bathrooms
** Trash Truck Day (done)
** Post on church FB group Wednesday menu
5pm - Weight Watcher meeting
B: Egg & cheese sandwiches (cereal and milk for DS8)
L: Salad with 10 toppings +Tuna Salad pinwheels
D: Taco Tuesday
Prep Ahead: debone rotisserie chicken & make chicken salad
Grocery store - Bananas, squash, zucchini, cucumber, onions
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:41 pm

I've been working a bit on genealogy - trying to knock some things off my "shoebox" list in Ancestry - the Shoebox is for items one wants to come back to for follow up and it just keeps growing. Over 1000 items, not all of which I need to document. I went from 120 pages of 10 items each to 118 pages today. Of course, some days I'm adding things too.

I need to get out of the rabbit hole and get busy.

-out of pajamas and into clothes :oops:
-brush teeth :oops:
-make the bed
-start a load of laundry
-what's for supper?

Then paint!

Agreeing with Harriet's comments this morning about the cold. Somehow it just seems soooooo cold today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm not minimizing the accident, but I'm not overplaying it either! I think I will text my massage therapist and see if I can move my appt for next week to tomorrow and let him work on the back. Whether it's from painting or getting jarred, he can figure out how to loosen it up. And it's not particularly bad right now, especially considering I'm sitting here at my desk and am cold.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”