Wisdom for Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Wisdom for Wednesday

Postby Lilac » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:38 pm

lucylee, dgs22 with A sperger's also has a great memory. He has always loved music and when he started to read, he would read the titles of songs on a cd and who it was written by. Then when he heard a song, he would tell you the title and songwriter. Dgs went to a Christian school from 2nd grade through 5th grade. At the time that was great but when he went to public school, the social aspect really was apparent. Plus, he was diagnosed in 7th grade and as dd1 says, he doesn't identify himself as A sperger's. So I think it's better for you to know now about your dgs and hopefully being younger and knowing more about the A utism spectrum will benefit him. I keep meaning to tell you how impressed I am that he is so interested in geography and with how much he has learned at such a young age.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:58 pm

It has been raining great nite for some more rock painting. I got the hens in and walked the ddog after dinner, it stopped raining before we got home. :mrgreen: Got another coat on the pizza rock to go w the beer / cupcake one
lol! Ready for the t sauce color.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:15 pm

helia, she chose a major in computer science to begin freshman year, and planned a minor in art. You may remember, she didn't submit a portfolio last year. But she has taken some art classes. Now she's submitted the portfolio for sophomore year, and if accepted can consider herself a part of the College of Art and Architecture as well as College of Computing and Informatics, and possibly options open up for major/minor or double... I don't really know how this will pan out. But since her sister changed her major 4 times in her 3.5 years, finally to comp sci with minor in comp eng, this seems par for the course for us. Her counselor, on the other hand, gave her a speech about guarding her chances for the large salary comp sci grads might expect. :|

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 am

My WTF is done: the donation solicitation. SUCCESS! Library returns and check outs done also. I have caught up on emails and investigated day 6 of shore excursions. Also some procrastination. Need to do cat care, me care, and daily stuff. Oh,and maybe eat dinner. The shift key on my keyboard is flaky.

helia

Postby helia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:31 am

Oh, that's a great direction for dd18, Harriet! Yes, high salaries. :shock: And I thought she was an architect major all this time . . LOL!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 am

Flooding has schools closed roads taking a hit and mud slide caused a train to de-rail.

Return to “Post When You Can”