Thrilling Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Thrilling Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Good day so far.

Spent morning and lunch with dgs and dd. We went to IKEA. He is a lovely little boy who loves his Nana. He always has such a pleasant face when he sees me and then a little smile (he is not a big smile kind of kid.) We bought him a potty chair because dd wants to start training herself to catch some of the poop. He really had a pleasant face when we put him on it, he liked it lots and wouldn't let go of her fingers (which were holding him up because he can't sit on his own yet but needs just a little balance.)

Then I carried him around and he liked a blue star with little specks of light coming from it so I bought him one. Plus the special light bulbs. Then he liked the princess stuffed doll I handed him so I bought him one. Then I lined up for lunch and had a delightful chat with the couple in front of me in the lineup (with a boy dgs' age and another one under 2) discussing that they were moving to Ottawa and would end up near dd. Their baby was a huge contrast to dgs, in size and sociability. His smiles were ear to ear and for me, a stranger. Of course, his mother was a big smiler too so he may have inherited from her.

We had lunch and then I played with dgs for a long time at the table while dd had a coffee and some 'non-baby watching' time to herself. It was a lot of fun. He had eyes only for me, not for anything happening around us. And we had a long conversation. Then we took him for diaper change and since I was at the head of the table he arched his head back to keep an eye on me. He did a lot for my ego!

I dropped them off at a friend's house and then checked my phone and saw my time with NF11 had been cancelled. So I went back to IKEA and picked up the book and other stuffed toy that is part of the story (The Frog Prince) so dgs' birthday present is now bought.

Got the car washed, came home, did a bit of catch up on the internet and then ds showed up. He's doing laundry and asked me to buzz cut his hair. That's done now. I have no plan for dinner but I guess an extra mouth to feed.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Haven't cuop but whatta day. I just threw on clothes this am and headed to dd2s, so I could clean the oven. I am on my knees, just getting ready to start and see a mouse heading under the fridge. I screamed bloody murder and probably scared that one to death. I texted dsil and then went home to get a cd player. The house had been very quiet, not now. Dsil came in with some weird traps. They are plastic and round. He put cat food in as bait. I kept cleaning the oven with an eye to my right. Finally came home for lunch and went back. I was starting to work with my back to the fridge and what did I see to my left, a mouse. It didn't look as big as the first, but hopefully it is the same one. The cd player blaring away didn't keep the mouse away.
Luckily dh came over to remove the old trim, while he was waiting for Home Depot to text that his order of trim was ready. I felt better with him in the house. That oven was an all day job but it is done. I also had to scrub the racks but with a SOS pad, it was easy. So now I just need to work on the stovetop some more, clean the stainless steel stove front and dishwasher. When that is done, I will just need to wash the insides and outsides of the cabinets.

Dd2 had never had mice, but after they moved the dumpster was full and so some trash sat in the garage. The seal had messed up on the garage door and the mice had an easy way in. In the 3 weeks since the move, the mice had a heyday in the garage. On dhs birthday dsil and dgs12 had went to get some stuff and one of them left the door into the house open. When dd2 found it open the next day, she wasn't happy.

Dd2 never got around and hired a cleaning crew. If she doesn't it will take us forever to get it cleaned and ready to paint.

Dd1 told me I should have thrown in the towel, once I seen the mouse. I probably would have but I had put that paste of B arkeepers Friend on the inside of the oven, so I had to finish what I started.

Last night on FB, I seen a house for sale by owner for only $5000 more than dd2 wants to ask. Both homes have 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, double stall garage and a pool. That other house is newer and the kitchen is fantastic. Dd2s isn't. Hopefully the other one will sell before dd2 is ready to sell hers.

Guess I better peel some potatoes. I had put a pork roast in the crockpot this morning.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:31 pm

I boiled us eggs for tuna salad sandwiches for dinner yum! Been thinking of having these for a while.

H. Is home now prepping his lunch for tomorrow. Time for the hens to get out. 57* here now.

The chicks are exploring various parts of the coop and doing great today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 pm

I have a really sore ankle for some reason.

I had forgotten to pick up my online-order of sale items from the store that just sets things aside for me, so dh and I went out for supper and I picked up the items on the way back - a frying pan and a popcorn popper. The frying pan was too small (right diameter but not deep) so we went over to the frying pan section and found that my Bianca was on sale in that size and was bigger so we returned the one I had bought and bought this one.

Got home and it is also smaller than the one we were replacing but they don't sell any that deep that are for induction. So we will make do. Dh needs bigger for his egg rolls but the cast iron pan will be big enough for that (it is 14") so he'll use that next year.

Ds had eaten before coming over to our place so he stayed and did laundry and was just finishing up when we got home.

Since my ankle hurts so much (no idea why) I've got my fitbit charging. I think I'll try and work on the sermon.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:22 pm

Watching Downton A. Enjoying some of the early eposodes.
They are doing a I miss downton A. For a pbs fund raiser.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:48 pm

No thrills in lucyland...
Dh feels really sore in his ribcage today. Online search shows others with this complaint following echocardiogram. Who would've thought?
I am having fits with allergy eyes and may go for steroid shot tomorrow.
We did nothing all day except kept the grands a few hours.
Now we are at a movie... dh wanted to get out of the house.

Eek! (((Lilac))) I'm terrified of mice!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:20 am

This time change has really messed us up. We are staying up too late and then sleep too late and it is a vicious circle. I never got my hair colored so I showered and washed it again tonight. So while staying up for it to dry, I have been doing laundry.

Just noticed it is Friday............

Return to “Post When You Can”