Irish Eyes Smilin' Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Irish Eyes Smilin' Friday

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:57 pm

I have returned from the doctor. Got a steroid shot and rx eyedrops. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

Doctor stresses for dh to have stress test done...
I told doctor, dh would be fine with having it, IF he could lie down. Doctor says just keep on with the Lasix, maybe the echocardiogram will show enough.
DH will follow instructions, but he doesn't really feel the fluid is the problem now. There is something that triggers his heart when he falls into a deep sleep -- he can lie on the couch and nap, he can sleep reclined in the car, but when he lies in bed and falls asleep three things happen: (1) he rolls over to the left side, which he has always favored (2) his heart starts racing and (3) he jerks awake, feeling like he is smothering.

Y'all were talking about potty training. As you know, dgs took forever, it seemed, and was 3 1/2 when he was trained. DDIL says that will NOT be the case with dgd. ;) But I don't think she has started any real efforts as of yet -- at 15 months.
OTOH... there is a concern in this area with dgs again. He hasn't had any accidents at school, but he did here last night. DDIL is very concerned b/c so far, he is only at school 3 hours... but one of his Asperger symptoms is that he refuses to go into the bathroom if other little boys are in there. Sooo... ddil worries that he will try to "hold it" all day next year and start having embarrassing accidents at school. :cry:
DDIL hopes they can get a 504 plan in place, and it will say that he will be allowed an aide to take him to the restroom privately once or twice a day. I don't know at what age children are allowed to leave the classroom on their own and go to the restroom.
Hmmm... this problem might be solved if children line up to go to the restroom, and dgs was just always at the end of the line.
Hmmm...

I've done pretty much NOTHING all day except the doctor, but I did s/s bathrooms (they were getting embarrassing) and I've been to the post office (mailed birthday card to difficult duncle) and I made three trips to two drug stores (twice for one of them, LOL, b/c I got dmom's meds filled BEFORE I went to doctor. I didn't think he would give me a rx.)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:40 pm

I installed LastPass (a password management program) and am struggling with that now. Can get in here (good) but was locked out of one of the hotel sites for a few hours. It is frustrating to use. I thought I had imported my sign-in url sites (and any passwords stored in my browsers) but apparently not. So that's been done, except in the process I was signed out of Chrome.

I had 10 open tabs each with important information. Now I have to remember them all. Oh, haven't started the sermon yet.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:24 pm

Wouldn't you know it? I was eating supper and my 3 tooth or teeth? bridge came out. Of course, it is Friday night! When I had this bridge put in 2 years ago or so, the dentist didn't like it and had another one made. When I went to have it put in, they couldn't get this one out. So they said they would store it, in case I ever need it. It is under warranty for 5 years. I do have the impression for this in case the other bridge got thrown away or lost. I wish they would have let me keep the spare. Last year, the same night dh broke his ankle, I started having a problem with one of the teeth under the bridge. By the time I could finally get in, 10 days or so later, it had quit hurting. He thought he would have to do a root canal through the bridge, if it ever became a problem again. So the gal who handles the appointments made me an appt for several months away. It didn't hurt then, so we cancelled that and made another, clear up until Dec. When I went to cancel that and make a new appt, that gal was on medical leave. The gal I talked to cancelled the Dec. appt and made another for March 13. I can not find where I wrote it down, but it is burned in my memory. They never called to remind me of it, so I am guessing the substitute didn't enter it after telling me when it would be.

Oops this sat here while dd1, dgs22 and I walked. We then came back here and played 2 games of Farkel.

Back to the tooth issue. They have always told me to use F ixodent or V aseline to hold in a bridge or crown until I can get to the dentist. There is no way I would be comfortable sleeping with the 3 teeth bridge, so I will put it in tomorrow. In the meantime, I am being very careful what I eat or drink.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Oh, Lilac! That sounds rough! Hope you can manage a fix till Monday. (((Hugs)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:49 pm

lucylee, to stop folks turning onto their backs, there is a tennis ball trick - tennis ball sewn into a pocket sewn onto exact back of pajamas. Seems to me I remember Ramblin' talking about this once and figuring it out for herself. At any rate, why not a tennis ball sewn into arm of pajama to remind not to turn onto that side? Or any physical thing that makes the sleeper notice that they shouldn't turn that way.

Lilac, I hope this will not be much of a hassle. So sorry you are having to deal with it.

Elizabeth
, best wishes to dd for her trip.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:09 am

As annoying as this tooth issue is, I am thankful that I am at home and not on a trip. Also, dhs ds had to have all her teeth pulled after having radiation for oral cancer. It had spread to her jawbone and it was replaced with titanium. Because of that she can not have dentures or implants. So I keep my dental issues in perspective.

Dsisils advice to others is if you notice white patches or anything abnormal in your mouth, get it checked. She first noticed a white patch in May, she had it checked in August and started radiation after her diagnosis. The radiation didn't take care of it and it had spread. In April she had to have extensive surgery that took all day. They had to use skin grafts off of her arm to use on her face and replace that with skin grafted off of her upper thighs. She is one strong woman and within 2 weeks or so she was back to taking care of dfil full time after his sister had came and took care of him while she had her surgery and started recovery. Since then she has had non-Hodgkins lymphoma and took chemo for it. She is in remission. She is, needless to say, my hero.

2 years ago tonight, dhs younger dsis went to bed and never woke up. She was being treated for ovarian cancer. She had survived a previous form of cancer. She had been widowed for 7 years. It is still hard to believe we lost her. I seen a picture of her the other day with dgd7, when dsisil was here visiting and we were at dgd7s 4th birthday.

So sorry to be a downer, but along with dhs 2 dsis's and db1s dw, I have been blessed with 3 dsisil's that I love like the sisters I never had.

Return to “Post When You Can”