Saturday with lovely women to talk to

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Saturday with lovely women to talk to

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:39 am

That title is not mine but borrowed from Lynlee's comment in another thread yesterday. She was talking about you, you know. (smile)

Lilac's comment last night, as well, reminded me we are often blessed to talk IRL with lovely women, too.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Saturday with lovely women to talk to

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:47 am

I'll be talking to lovely women this morning but it won't be the best of circumstances, I'm auditing the pastoral charge books (have to do the village church as well but that will be later.)

I went to bed late and got up early in order to write the sermon. That is done and printed. I have 45 minutes to s2s and eat breakfast before I have to leave to the villages. Hopefully I'll have time for a nap this afternoon. Dinner is early, at 5 p.m. and downtown so we'll likely bus it, leaving around 4:30.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:03 am

We're starting in on the 'art' room today. DD bought paint, etc for that room last night. This used to be T's bedroom and there's just too many memories as is so it'll be the first room to be tackled. Dsonil is talking about building a new shop in which case a lot of his stuff that's in the 'art' room could be moved to a new location.

Dh has gone to breakfast with the men from church. He planned to stop by the hospital afterwards to see his db/dsisil. She's supposed to have an ultra sound on her carotid arteries and a heart cath today. I am having a very hard time imagining her as a patient.

I'm feeling a bit 'puny' this morning so probably won't do a whole lot. Yesterday my shoulders and knee were bothering me big time so didn't accomplish a whole lot then either. I did finally remember the name of the cardiologist that dh had a few years ago (here). Looked at the insurance that he takes and lo' and behold our insurance from up home is listed there. I'll see.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 am

Saturday in brief

tai chi
lovely women to talk to
memories of C, and a myriad of other topics.

dishes got washed
meals made and eaten
a catch up nap
a storm late in the day I/l of a walk.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 am

The past couple of days has been a blur. Both days I gave up on having official homeschool and just went with the flow. DS8 was thrilled to be helping with the fence building. It didn't seem right to tell DS8 that it was more important for him to come inside and study books. He was learning life skills hands-on. Everyone is exhausted from the fence building project and decided to not work on it today. So we will do homeschool that I intended to do on Thursday. Friday homeschool work will be moved to Monday and everything moved a day later.

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool Day 140
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
B: Egg & Vegetables (Kids= Oatmeal & Craisins)
L: Salad with 10 toppings, Hot ham & cheese sandwiches
D: Pizza and Ice Cream Cone
Prep Ahead: Chicken & LC veg soup, deviled eggs
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 am

Dee, I'm so sorry your dsisil took that fall and may have other concerns. That's cool about the insurance.

Sunny, thank you for chat about Win 10. On LR computer we got that message you saw, and the grandboys were excited to say "yes", after enjoying one great wildlife photo so much. Soon we got another wildlife photo, just as amazing (grandma said "cute" but I am informed differently, lol). BUT on my computer, Win 10 has never asked the question. I got architecture. One. No change. HRH went into it and found me a landscape just to be different. I've looked up the actual animal names, adding Windows 10 to the search and found that Win 10 has a name for this feature .... "spotlights", so that is progress. Hopefully HRH can take it from there. Do I need to choose my own photos on a start-up screen? No. It has become the principle of the thing now, if you know what I mean!

LadyM, ds was recommended for academically gifted testing by his third-grade teacher but did very poorly on those tests in big city. (We later suspected one reason was his personal agenda, but that's another story.) She was bewildered, wondering "how can he know so much about so many things, then?" At the time, besides his parents' and big sister's input, he was working at the kennel, following my father into the woods like a devoted puppy, bringing my mother every bird's nest or interesting leaf or dead thing for examination and post-mortem. Farms of two kinds on both sides of us had near-age cousins who invited. Just a LOT of input. I'm sure that's what's going on with ds8. He is absorbing. It's good to make sure he absorbs in a variety of ways. You and dh are doing well.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:52 am

Yes, Harriet, the MVP insurance (that his website says he accepts) would be very cool. I'll call Monday and try to get an appointment with his office. Know dh saw his PA a good share of the time but I really can't remember his name at all. Think dbil goes to the same office and had planned to ask him who he sees, but I guess that'll wait a bit. I'm not really surprised that dsisil had that episode of passing out and falling, hitting her head. Her CAT scan showed no problems with the head however. But I'm thinking that the ultra sound of her carotid arteries may well show something today. She has avoided doctors and hospitals at all costs for years and years. Have noticed her memory waning and her personality changing to some degree. Then there's the issue of chain smoking forever. Well, she's not smoking right now and I'm sure that's driving her crazy. What was surprising was that she was at the cemetery. She doesn't "do" cemeteries. Dh still isn't home at nearly 10a.m. so I'm pretty sure he's at the hospital sitting with his db while dsisil has tests.

DD is out in the garage, breaking down and tying up lots of boxes that we had planned to use for packing. Can already see lots of space coming to the garage. Dsonil would like to move their screen printing equipment to a new shop. DD just decided she'd rather he get that built before she buys a new car. Will make tons of room in the garage if that gets moved. He 'says' he'd like to get back into it so we'll see. If he builds a new shop it would have AC capability, etc and be in lots better shape than the metal building there now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:53 am

Definitely- there are lovely ladies here! Wise and kind!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:57 am

I want to say good mornimg to all U lovely ladies. I have been feeling a bit puny and am glad my feet and legs are better. Shoulders were sore after doing exercises glad for that. It is also good to know that it did some good. My head has been a bit stuffy. I need to make sure that I get enough water intake today. Yesterday I did not.

Last nite I worked on the kitchen counters and made progress yea for that. I got up on time 6 so am adjusting to the time change. Hens have been fed.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am

Good morning! I felt like I took late yesterday afternoon as a mini vacation. I was up so early yesterday to get dh to airport, then straightening for dcleaning lady then out of the house to the car place to see about getting it fixed and then that took forever. Because the tail pipe is bent up and rubbing against a back tire, they went ahead and took my car to get it into the repair queue and I had to get a rental. So that took several hours. I visited dmom but was just so tired I didn't stay long, then when I finally got home I slept more than two hours, then visited with dfriend M. She and her dh invited me for dinner since dh was away but I declined and came home to camp on the couch. And went to bed very early.

Yes, Harriet, dfriend M was honored as volunteer of the year by the local shelter. She walks dogs, does their newsletter, drives a transport to ATL now and then and does all kinds of things there. She had volunteered over 400 hours in the last year.

With dh out of town, I may spend the day here at the computer on genealogy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”