Just keep springing, springing, springing...

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Just keep springing, springing, springing...

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:56 am

What are you continuing well, at your house?
What makes you feel resolved to "keep at it"?
Pat yourself on the back for staying the course today! You deserve it.

Harriet

Re: Just keep springing, springing, springing...

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:02 am

With the start of the second round of Focus cleaning I'm trying to stick to my guns. (Well, my spray nozzles, anyway!)

Porch and entry week finds me looking up at the ceiling fan that greets our visitors - as long as I keep it spining, spinning, spinning ;) they might not notice that it's dusty. Need to remedy that. Also decluttering ahead in the bedroom, so next week's cleaning there will go well.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 am

Well, I had decided on a title for today (Spring Has Sprung) but then got sidetracked. Hmmm....imagine that! So, glad you got us started, Harriet.

It's too hot to put things in the car for very long too.
Ask me how I know this (especially down here in FL, Harmony). I had a W mart gas card that had spent a good deal of time in my car -after all that's the only place I used it, right? When I finally did go to use it, it had warped and could not be read. Lesson learned, the hard (and expensive) way.

DD has gone to Ikea to buy some items to build her craft table for their art room. Dh and I were going to go. I had decided through the night that, contrary to my dh's belief, I was turning down a trip to Ikea. Decided I needed to pace myself even more. DD is on spring break this week so has plenty of things to get done this week. I already know we have to go to Sebring on Thursday to pick up the truck that dh is driving up north. Saturday we have a service for one of our congregation who passed away Sunday afternoon (our organist's dh -he wasn't in church Sunday but she was and evidently found him quite ill when she went home). Couldn't help but think of Kathryn when I was turning down a chance to go to lunch at Ikea. We also have to make a trip to Sam's one morning. And I need to get things together for dh's trip north. Also am going to try making an appointment with a cardiologist at some point today. I have yet to find one down here following my hospital stay in January. Have one all set up once I'm back north.

Dd's 'roofer' was just here. He put a new roof on last year in May. He ran everything through the county office. However, they just discovered that it was never closed out there with an inspection. So now the inspector is coming tomorrow. As well, we have the septic tank guy coming. He pumped both their septic tanks out in January. The one on our end filled up again pretty rapidly. There's evidently either a problem at the junction box (which is our divine hope!!) or with the leach field. If it's at the junction box it will be a much cheaper fix. If the leach field it will mean several $1,000. Praying.

Dh has gone to order a new back foldable seat for our golf cart (up home). He put a new square box on it a year or so ago and it has become "T's 'work' cart" and we also don't have space for anyone else to ride with us -especially dBailey. ;) It will be shipped up to our campground and dh will be able to work on it in his 'spare' time. So it should be done by the time I get there in June.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:44 am

Morning y'all..

My spring cleaning was done in Jan.

I am focused on wedding stuff this week, but the house is in good order.

Sadie has a "spa" apppointment later this afternoon to get her nails done.

Harmony ... if I was on the go like you are, my purse would be larger, except I'd probably be using a small backpack. I like being hands free. That's why I keep stuff in my car. :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:01 am

swimming along with spring!!! thank you d harriet!

hi d dee too.

hi d rose

hi d nancy

hi d lady

Salut!
Ca va aujourd'hui!

hello
are you doing ok today

heading to grocery store.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:04 am

I am doing my a m qt journal planning. Was up in the nite so slept in a bit. More coffee. Waving to all. I need to continue in the dining room, and when it warms up a bit clean up the carport. We have rain in our forecast in the p m .

Hens are fed trash is at the curb.
I have a hen that is eating eggs ack! Not cool!
I walked to the corner got some rocks to paint.
Laundry is going now.
I got a letter out to post.
I picked up and loaded branches in the trailer for my 30 min. of yd. Wk.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:14 am

Moving forward.....

My plans for today include -
** Homeschool Day 141
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep. My weigh in this morning shows that I am losing an average of 1.4 lbs a week. I'll take that!!
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning= Bathrooms
** Trash Truck Day (done)
** Post on church FB group Wednesday menu (brisket & mashed potatoes)
** 5pm WW meeting

B: Egg & cheese sandwiches (cereal and milk for DS8)
L: Salad with 10 toppings +Tuna Salad pinwheels
D: Taco Tuesday
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:45 am

Wasting my day. Need to get moving.

I'm up, dressed, one load of laundry done and some other stuff done but mostly just online doing nothing productive. I did some catch-up on my Lenten readings (I was a week behind) and decided that I wouldn't write a reflection on each but read each one (1.5 small pages each with lots of white space). That was a good move, came up with a sermon spark which I wrote into my preaching resources section of my bullet journal.

Am fascinated by the ban on carrying electronics (except phones, so dh's phablet is ok but my tablet which is only 1" larger is not allowed) in the cabin of an airplane on certain flights. I'd believe it was legit if it was on all travelers coming from those airports except it is only for direct flights to the US from those airports. If I fly through Europe, I'm good to go (for now, UK is instituting the ban as well.) My only concern is security (from damage or theft) of my possessions and the fact that you aren't to put lithium batteries in the hold of a plane. Now you have to.

Anyway, it doesn't affect me but is something to keep an eye on. I always empathize, after all, I flew through Dubai on our way to Australia and home from Cape Town so could easily have got caught in this ban had it happened then.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

Good afternoon everyone! I am back from the foot MRI. Of course, I won't know anything until the followup appointment Monday. No word on the $645 vs $200. Since it was still unsettled at 6 pm last night, I hardly thought it would be fixed by 8 am this morning! I stayed up too late on computer jigsaws. However, I did catch up on emails at both work and home. I also cooked today's lunch on my new stove, delivered some stuff to church, ran a LOL, and extreme cleaned a catbox.

I can relate to everyone's wallet problems. My FlyLady wallet is held together by duct tape and is no longer available.

I have decided to do the helicopter shore excursion and look for lava field tours not associated with the cruise.

Unlike lucylee's family, no one has a use for my Comet. Perhaps if it had an engine, it would be more coveted.

LadyMaverick: DD15 has "fidgets" she uses at school. Things like Rubik's cubes, squishy balls, or even a pencil that she can keep in constant motion, but not distract the class. Perhaps she gets it from me. After getting in trouble for being wiggly in church, I started wiggling just my toes, a LOT. Kinda hard on socks. I never considered it a bad habit until all the foot problems. It contributes to soreness on the left.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:32 pm

anyone have good luck with air bnb's?

we are planning a trip to quebec maybe this summer or fall.

Also planning for europe next year - I had planned for this year but with d uncle sick I put that plan aside. (it's good I did) - kind of torn ... we will see family in france - but I want to go other places... Italy or spain/or Ireland and England are ones that I would like to see. both dd's have been to italy so it would be just for me. I know dd younger wants to go to Denmark to find dh's (1/2) family history but I see her going on her own. All depends on my health

How do you plan your trips?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”