SPRING HAS SPRUNG WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG WEDNESDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 pm

I do love my time with dgs but I dropped them off at home after a stop at McD's for dd to eat brunch (she combined a sausage McMuffin with a double cheese burger so two patties, 2 cheese, sausage and egg bottom burger bun, top was English muffin - and she said there was a reason why McD didn't have it as a menu item!) He was really animated with me there so we worked on numbers. He loves the cadence of fun rhyming language so I did the math facts first, (1+1=2, 1+2=3, etc, to 5 because, after all, he's not yet 6 months!) and then recited One, Two, Buckle my shoe... for him. He paid attention to the numbers but brightened up and smiled to the rhyme.

That just brought the song Inch worm to mind. Had to stop and look it up on Google Play Music

I forgot my library card so stopped in at home, picked it up and then went to the library to pick up the book I had on hold. It was "The Story of How Curious George was Saved." It wasn't what I expected and I'll save it until NF11 knows Curious George better. Great story, though. I vaguely knew they had escaped from Nazi Germany but not the dramatic escape from France.

Got the car washed an am home now. Lots to catch up on. And we have to walk, in the cold, to an open house about a new building to be built in our neighbourhood.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 pm

No problems navigating today.

Took dd18's measurements in the large restroom at dentist's building with no interruptions, so that worked out fine. Still waiting to hear from her on a dress order.

I'll probably wear one of my same outfits for Easter and put a new spring scarf with it.

Dstepson and HRH were both here when I got back home.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:14 pm

I did my round of errands with a Subway lunch after getting hair cut and a massage. Once I got home, I sat down to research a bit and am still here - dd put meat loaf into the oven for her and ds and I ate some mac & cheese, humus and crackers.

Need to get up from my desk. I think I will do an order of film from the FHL and then at 7:30 work for 30 minutes. At 8 pm I'll figure out whether I need to keep working. I didn't finish doing a.m. routine this morning, and didn't get everything put away from the grocery.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Monday
helper - new to me - floors, bed etc
support group - whilst there, someone damaged my car door, perhaps it was a reversing accident as per paint scrape, though maybe that does not explain the dings without paint damage. considering the number of noises heard from mtg room, though I did not think to look out at the time to check what was going on.

Tuesday
met K at church to talk. Took her a copy of the 'program'
checked an appointment date for next mth dental hygienist
found I was missing an xray referral for that appointment from last year so rang for a copy faxed to radiographers.
Got the xray done and waited on the copy
home
de cluttering workshop week 5. Motivation

Wednesday
a day I could get to clutterers support group, so I did.
stayed on for another support group
store - bought dressing gown and rubber/elastic to replace on bike pants I'm suddenly wanting to wear for yoga at home.
Thursday
Someone is coming for 2 hrs. soon. oh pooof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Good evening. moms doctor appointment went well :D

sweet dreams all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Back from the planning meeting. Very interesting. The largest apartment will only be 1040 square feet so won't be a future home for us. Although he did say they can connect two units if you are willing to sign a long-term lease.

Someone asked if we were planning on moving. Nope. But I'm staying aware of what is going up in this area and what the costs are. At this point, there is nothing going up that comes close to the value I have here. Given how much my rent keeps going up, I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Didn't get enough steps in for the day. I'm also exhausted now and thinking about an early bed.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:07 pm

((Lynlee's car)) Oh well, character lines.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm glad mom's appointment went well, blessed.
I haven't even thought about what I'm wearing for Easter, Harriet.
Oh, no, Lynlee. ((hugs))
DD cooking -- that's nice, Twins. Sounds like you needed a low-key day today.
You sound like a loving doting nana, Kathryn.

Well, all my goals have been met today. This was a very very full but very good day. I stayed at work until 7:10 to finish everything for the sub + put together the test for Monday. I'm leaving all my books and CDs at work for the sub, so I wouldn't have been able to make the test without going back in to work.

I got home at 7:35. The house was filled with dh's group. They are very very nice people, so I didn't dread this gathering. I know some of them somewhat; one colleague comes to our Th. dinners as he can. I know dh's lab-sharing colleague and his wife. I chatted with the wife for quite a while. And I vaguely know a couple of the students from other get togethers; one was in Phoenix with us last month. There was a very cute 1.5 year old running around. :) He just LOVED the dogs. Thank goodness our dogs are very mellow and great with kids; the tot was so excited by the dogs, he was shrieking with joy and manhandling Pepper, who just stood there calmly wagging her tail. I did cut it short, just to be on the safe side. this gathering was to celebrate the graduation of 4 of dh's students.

Dfriend A can't get together tomorrow, so that gives me more time in my afternoon. The entire morning will be moms group. In the afternoon, I'm planning on trying for a long run, maybe 7 miles. And I'd like to get our laundry done too, and finish the credit report project. We need to leave around 6 pm for a concert in the nearby big city. I had a plan for dinner, but now I'm not sure it will work.

I think I'm heading to bed soon. I'm exhausted. I also ate WAY too much. I was starving by the time I got home, and the house was full of yummy Indian food.

Return to “Post When You Can”