SPRING HAS SPRUNG WEDNESDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: SPRING HAS SPRUNG WEDNESDAY

Postby helia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 pm

6.5 hours of sleep last night but I'm not tired at all. I think I'm running on adrenaline.

((Twins))

I had my hair colored yesterday and my breasts squished today. Oh, what will tomorrow bring?

My main goals for today:
x 1. Mammogram. Negative. I can go back to the non-hospital sites next year. yay!
2. Prep for payroll, go to payroll. Get sub plans together. Does this mean also finishing putting together the test for Monday? The sub will have the task of reviewing the students for it.
3. Host dh's group here tonight. Prep - I've already spiffed the bedroom and put a tablecloth on the extra table. The house is in good shape after a good cleaning on Saturday. Priorities for this: spiff main 2 bathrooms; spiff play room, clean stove top, vacuum a couple choice spots in the house.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:41 pm

I am low on mojo at the moment. I did get my hair done drat forgot the colorist. Sigh. Waiting on fog to burn off.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:43 pm

lol re: squished
congrats on the results d helia!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:43 pm

sending you energy d nancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Ty blessed! I have a plan for dinner, duds current, dishes are done, bed is made.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm at lunch now, waiting for the text from dd. She's at the hospital for dgs' physiotherapy checkup. More will be in J&C.

Nancy, thanks for the heads up on London. I hate when there are attacks in places where I have walked. I feel those more acutely than those 'someplace foreign'. For instance I care more about this one than Nice even though the latter had more casualties.

I arrived at dd's just before someone from the community group who was getting help with the website. I was holding a very happy dgs, turned to answer the door and he bobbled his head into my mouth giving himself an owie and me a fat lip. I couldn't console him so dd had to nurse it better. Then he played nicely with the visitor for a bit and then fell apart. He should have been down for a nap and you could see how tired he was. I ended up walking him upstairs with his new sparkly light to stair at.

Eventually, dd broke down, nursed, then put him in the car seat to nap. Even that didn't work so I sat and rocked the car seat until he dozed off. Poor little guy, he had no idea his nap would be rudely interrupted by physio.

I've gone over the service and sermon and estimate just an hour to get everything finished.

I have Fiscal 1999 ready for the scanner. So that's two big projects that will get done today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Home from huge Sam's list buying trip. When we were ready to leave from home, DH and discussed which vehicle we would take - Pickup or SuV. When we looked at the long lists we wondered if it would all fit in either one. So, we decided to drive both vehicles. It's a good thing we did because it most definitely would not have fit in one vehicle. This list buying was nothing special - just restocking normal supplies. Over $600 for the church and almost $300 for us. THAT is a lot of supplies! Thankfully we don't have to do this big of a restock very often. DH went to the church to unload and put things away. I came home and did the same.

Has anyone had experience with Norwex products? Our neighbor is having a party and I have no clue about those products.

Last night at WW meeting a friend that has a son the same age as DS8 was telling about his new attitude. This is a very well-mannered child that is one of my favorites of DS8 friends because he is such a good influence. I feel kinda bad that it brought so much comfort to me to hear another child is going through this attitude phase. DS8 is trying my patience to the extreme. He is reaping the consequences to his actions and he certainly doesn't like losing privileges. I know this is a phase and will soon (hopefully) pass as long as I remain consistent. Getting through this phase is not easy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi again! An email with 5 potential problems outlined has been dealt with. The first three were fixed with the frequency issue. The others I was able to prove were correct. Took most of the morning. I have a bug that affects 26 reports!!! However, this is because they all call one stored procedure. What I need to do is fix the procedure, update the references, and upload the new versions. I have already fixed the procedure. Uploading will probably take more time than anything else. I may not finish it because I have a meeting in 15 minutes. I have my list of report ToDos ready to discuss. Still have not prioritized my personal ToDo list.

Harmony is right that most people do not want an 11 yo cat. Once a cat gets into double digit ages, adoption rates drop. That being said, a friend placed a 21 yo foster cat known to have only a few months to live. The adopter had dealt with its problem before and wanted it not to be homeless when it died. I had a gentleman come to clinic requesting a cat "who won't outlive me"! He already had a backup plan in case it did, in the form of his daughter, who he lived with. We knew she would not be surprised by the new cat, because she drove him to see us. He adopted 12 yo GrayKitty, who was plagued with chronic asthma and required medication. The daughter's comment was, "He'll get his asthma meds at the same time I take mine." Truly an ideal set of adopters for this cat.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Saw a fb post about Canada doing something with Warren retrievers service dogs for specal needs asp. Or autism I for get which.

Yw (your welcome) K in C.

Dgd showed up at noon :shock: no one told me glad I cut the errands short this A .M .

Dropped off 2 bags & one box, w puppets and fabric gift bags I had sewn up this winter. At the church that gives out used clothing so I know they have a system in place. Yea for that done. Got the photo coping done of the tags for painted rocks as well & ice cream so we have kid snack. Picked up more rocks to paint and dropped off some hid those. Yea for errands done.

Hens being out noonish is helping the egg stiuation. Chick have been fed & watered. (Dgd helped.)
Sun is out now now & fog burned off yea!

I need to get out some summer shoes. I will post pone coop & run cleaning for today.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:35 pm

IKWYM. I hope it ended peacefully.
Haven't heard anything, so really don't know what it was all about or what actually happened. Know it was at least 3 1/2 hours of 'something'. I walked down the street earlier but saw absolutely nothing -not that I really expected to. The sheriffs may have gone down the side street that is right beyond where all the fire/rescue apparatus were parked. I didn't go down that one. I'm a little bit skittish about going down that one in the best of times.

Have my 'new' computer desk all set up and most of my things neatly on it. Now I'm getting really hungry but know it'll be a while. Dh has gone to the hearing aid place for the 2nd time today to see about getting his phone working with his hearing aids. The guy wasn't able to contact techs this morning.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”