Thursday thriving

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday thriving

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:26 pm

hi d lucy sending you lots of love ...praying for a positive trend for dh's medicines! I agree about the body and stress - your body is showing the effects of worry which is so hard. Praying for some peace to enter your soul. I know you wish your ds saw you and dh first but I will tell you that it is okay... my niece is a labor and delivery nurse... those babies are in such great care and the babies are so so so exhausted after birth and was most likely sound asleep as well. They don't remember anything but their mommies... there is a great video where a new baby was crying but was given their mothers shirt by its father and suddenly is content. It's instinct. I know that's your feelings but trust that your sweet son as a baby remembered you. He heard your voice for 9 months and that is the voice he looked when he saw you.

happy ironing.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm

starting to move slow.. frustrating because in my head I have energy but this last bout of influenza took a lot out of me. It's amazing what years of not caring properly for one's body can affect one.

starting to get a headache so will take ty len ol

well done on the scanning d kathryn. I am so sorry for your bad advice.

enjoy the painting d nancy... how fun and how creative (and relaxing) good for you.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:57 pm

praying for d lady's ds8 and dr. appointments.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:30 pm

Glanced through the other file archive boxes. One is stuff to shred! So that means there are only 4. One is personal income tax. I'll debate doing that one. One is documentation for the courses we ran. Can't decide whether or not to do this one. I might just scan the expenses from each course. We haven't run a course in ages so if we were to be audited, it would have happened by now but it can't hurt to scan the easy stuff to scan. No need to scan attendee sheets because we have that information backed up on the computer elsewhere and no-one needs proof they attended a 3 day course 10 years ago. So the task may get done in 3 weeks not the 5 I anticipated.

I'm stalling moving onto my next task. I need to stop doing that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

hi d twins (yay on your genealogy)

I am trying to read each post of everyone and say hi to you... I am getting there ;)
d harriet yay on your walking! It's nice that your dd goes to church and I love that a lot of girls have gone vintage with dresses. I know the chef/cookbook young woman Rachel Khoo wears vintage all the time ... I met her a couple years ago and she had on a lace 1960's dress that looked really nice on her with her black hair.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Played Office Box Tetris.

The archive boxes are in a more accessible corner, opening up access to the new bookcase in a less accessible spot. Moved the videos onto that bookcase. Collapsed all the boxes we were saving "just in case". Saved some of them for drawer organizers, put the rest in the recycle bin. Took the recycle bin downstairs to empty and the garbage of non-recylable packaging to the garbage chute. Brought the recycle bin, full, back upstairs. No one put out the paper dumpster on Tuesday so it is overfull.

Carried down one of the video shelves and put the CDs on that.

Pulled out 3 archive boxes that are brand new, made up, empty, and put the second video shelf in their place. They will be given away to someone who is moving (I'll put up a sign.)

Moved some plants onto the shelf and still have space for a few more things but it is surprisingly more full than I expected. The Videos alone took up 2 shelves of the four.

Dh and I are walking now to get some meat to cook up for dinner. He wants steak and it will be much cheaper to buy an exception piece of meat than to go out for dinner.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Home from DS8 appointment and have dinner in the oven. We should leave in 15 minutes but I'm stretching it to 45 minutes so we can eat at home. I am getting worse about not wanting to eat out. I am starting to detest eating out. One the way home today I stopped at an ice cream store and got DS8 a treat for doing his best in the appointment. I got myself a diet lemonade drink. When I took a sip of the drink I about gagged. It was straight lemon juice on ice. I took it back and told them it had nothing but lemon juice. The lady stared at me and said "That's what makes it a diet drink". I was stunned. I asked if they could give me some stevia or splenda to put in it. She reluctantly gave me some. Now that makes me not want to even purchase a drink made by someone else. ID-Ten-T

DS8 will have weekly one-on-one sessions with a Speech therapist. This therapy center is very busy. I tried my best to not stare at the dozens of people in the waiting room. We have experienced what it feels like to be stared at when DS8 is having Tourette's moments. DS told me after we left that he like this place because "all the kids there have Tourettes just like me". They don't all have Tourettes but they do all seem to have some form of challenges.

Time to feed the kiddos and then get OTD.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:06 pm

That was a short evening. Once again DS8 mouth got him in trouble....after being warned 3 times. We got 15 miles down the road when I made a U-turn and came back home. For the third evening in a row, he will spend the rest of the day in his bedroom. DGD5 isn't in trouble but she always does whatever DS8 is doing. She is in the girls' bedroom. I hope this is the last evening this is necessary. I saw tremendous improvement in DS8 attitude today and really wanted to ignore him making bad choices this evening. I had to make myself stick with his consequences. Parenting isn't fun sometimes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm

I hid one batch of rocks went back home to hide some at the church but they would only let me hide one so I did that and but more at the other place, have another bucket x of em ready to go again later clearing some space here yea for that.

Hubby grilled for our dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Nope parenting isn't fun. But good for you. BTW: turning the car around is very effective at getting their attention. Hopefully, this will have lasting results or at least break the current cycle.

We had a longish walk (but not long enough) and then picked up very expensive steak for our dinner. It was very good but very expensive. And we still have to clean up. I left half mine for tomorrow. Dh ate all his but admitted less would have been sufficient.

I need to get my shoes on and get on the treadmill. I still have 2800 steps to go to make my goal for the day. I'm still really sore.

My checklist for today is very sorry looking. Only one item ticked off so far. At least I should be able to add the water and steps to that and maybe processing all the mail.

Return to “Post When You Can”