Thursday thriving

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Thursday thriving

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:33 am

Oh goodness Twins sure hope his last name isn't Smith because my son's fathers family is from that area and I believe there is a grandfather from there :o

Also your article reminds me of one of my favorite phrases that I used in class all the time. " the brain can only absorb as much as the hinnie can withstand".
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:47 am

OK, RR, probably not the most common name you can think of, but it's up there, particularity in that county! I end up with tables comparing all these guys - age, occupation, location, wife, neighbors - trying to differentiate them.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Decision made. Only sucky seats left. Sort of regret. Should have pounced earlier. Not the end of the world though. After all, it is not Styx.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:17 pm

I have been painting rocks instread of doing tasks, but I stand while doing this for half hr. Counts For some exercouse. It was fun! The shark w blue teeth made me laugh blue tooth may go to ds. Trying out some new techniques. :D so my painting is thriving!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:52 pm

a quick hi!!! thinking of all of you.

woke at 5 am went back to sleep until 9 ;)

french is done except what I need to ask d mom.
Now for house.

first dailies
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Scanned the files from our first 9 months in business. Still have the remainder of that first fiscal year to do but at least I've started.

Fiscal 1998 was our first year and it was a bad year with all sorts of headaches with our accountant so going over the files gives me a sick feeling and explains why I don't trust accountants (apologies to Twins). We were handed to 4 different people within the office during our first year, each time having to explain what we did to make money (back then people didn't understand the internet). They gave us wrong advice which severely affected us financially ($$$$ extra paid in taxes that could have been avoided) and gave us correct advice on collecting sales tax then corrected that to incorrect advice showing we owed $$$$, so we researched on our own to learn the first advice was right. They set us up with a software that couldn't handle two currencies, and finally they messed up our financial statements. We knew something was wrong but since they weren't 'showing their work' we couldn't find the error. They finally ended up filing our tax returns after the deadline leading to penalties, all because of a mistake they made.

I know I make mistakes but at least the mistakes I make are mine and I haven't paid an expert to make mistakes for me.

Lunch time! Then back to the scanning. For some reason the box I'm filling with the files to shred is filling up faster than the box I'm emptying from. I'm guessing air is being put between pieces of paper but my finished box is 2/3 full and the box the papers came from is only 1/2 empty. Plus I'm not putting everything in the shred box, some items are going in recycle or to be saved.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Neither of us is thriving here… most of my daily thoughts are in J&C…

I’m fretting over that shower invitation for Saturday…

And fretting over dh (but quietly, b/c discussing ANYTHING with him makes him even more nervous and upset…)
And I really just want to go back to bed myself. I probably got at least 7, probably 8 hours sleep, but I’m still just exhausted. I think when I’m nervous, my body just wants to cocoon and curl up in a ball and sleep. I’m glad I CAN sleep – oh my, I’ve seen how horrible it is NOT to – but I just have no energy at all, and that does bother me.
Family-induced Fatigue, the doctor says.

Sorry you’re not feeling so great, either, (((Kathryn))).
DDIL is doing that 64-oz water challenge, too. She’s doing really well keeping up with it, I think, and drinking nothing but water.
I need to do that but right now, I just want my caffeine too much to try giving it up.

How exciting for Kathryn’s ds! (Although personally, I'm glad I slept through my C-section... although I do wish mine had been the first voice ds heard/first face he saw. :cry: )

(((LadyM & DS8)))

Oh – walking, Harriet mentioned… yeah… That’s not going so well either. If I don’t get it in the Very First Thing, it doesn’t get done, and yesterday I only made two trips to the road w/dgd in her stroller before I decided it was too chilly. (My “instructor” is basically whatever tv program is on, if I’m walking away the pounds indoors, and outdoors, it’s just my own mind. Which is sometimes not a very good companion, but I usually enjoy the quiet time.)
It is also too pollen-y for me to be out right now, I think. Sore throat this morning. Still some itchy eyes.
And my weight is up, b/c apparently, in my stressed out state, when I see something good, I think I need a reward. :roll: :oops:

Hope things go well with the new cat, Elizabeth – and with the computer work!

(((Rose))) Hope your migraine goes away soon!

Glad to see genealogy thriving at Twins’ house, and painting at Nancy’s.

I need to go iron. Maybe a few episodes of Blue Bloods will cheer me up.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Took dh to Sebring, FL to pick up the truck he's driving north, this morning. Met dd at the car dealership in Bartow first as she had an oil change. Dropped dh off and we headed back AFTER a stop at McCracken Farms (one of her co-teachers) and picked up some jars of jam, beets, dressing etc. Went back to the car dealership. This is where it got interesting. We had our oil changed 1,000 miles ago and it was already down 1 quart this morning. They had asked me to bring it in around 1,000 miles for an 'oil consumption' test. So we did that on our way back. Asked me to bring the car back in April 3rd and leave it for a few days. :o They have to pull the cylinder head and probably will have to put in a new engine. :shock: :o "Is this going to cost me?" :P "No, we've been having problems with these 2.4L engines." This is a 2015 Chrysler 200. Now what would really be nice would be if they offered me a new car in trade. Nah....won't happen.

DD and I are going to Trivia tonight. Think dh has decided to go with us. Kathryn, you will enjoy this. Last week, one category was "scrambled". Can't remember the exact phrase for the letters we had to use, but they always give that one to dd. She had it immediately, the answer being Freddie Mercury. She handed that answer to our 'head'. He wrote the answer on the slip to turn in. He WROTE Freddy Mercury and of course spelling counts in this one. We left a little early but they tied with another team for 1st place, but did win the tie breaker. This particular question we only gave 2 points -which would have given us the lead with no tie. Wait till we see him tonight!

Need to get busy on the re-settling project. Have the office almost settled at this point. DD's art room is looking fantastic. And she loves it....the important point!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:48 pm

((((d rose)))

listening again to james harriet's all creatures great and small while I do some work ....

Hanging head in shame... but also happy .. it has taken me 3 -4 months to clean off the top of the laundry machines but it's done :D I haven't seen the top in so long... and it only took 20 minutes for put away and washing the top

So sorry about the car d dee! Hope it is not as expensive as it sounds.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

I have some assemble of a laundry room again but it still needs a good wash down but not today. I had laundry on that floor and with dogs coming in and out you can imagine how horrible it had gotten. :o ;) But the laundry is gone and floor swept.
I would love to update that room but I don't have the money right now. (I know I could give up the trip and the concerts but I really would like to experience life than fix this right now. I figure I can wash it, paint it and fix the trim on the floor. it won't be professional but it still will look clean.

dh and I will have to chat about it.

dh brought dd olders car in as dh is kind of an expert re cars. She took my car as she has the day off and went out shopping with dd younger because she still can't drive. He just called and needs me to pick him up.

So that first - dh
and then the upstairs hall
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”