Fabulous Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:01 am

Friday again, thank goodness! Conga through the day's activities and be fabulous all the while.

(Getting out the conga fruity headgear....)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:14 am

I need to get rolling with my usual Friday straighten up for dcleaning lady. And I need to get myself "organized" for the weekend. I'd like to work with dh some on getting rid of some of the stuff in the garage that came out of our closet. We have dinner company coming for tomorrow night but otherwise have a quiet weekend going.

Surprise! I'm getting my car back this morning - only a week since it went to the shop and the rental was approved for 20 days so I expected a lot longer. Dh went by there earlier in the week and talked to the manager - he was worried about the damage and possible damage to the frame - but I bet that personal contact helped. So I'll go drop off the rental car and they'll take me back to get the Pilot at the shop.

And I need to see dmom today - ended up not going there yesterday - I checked in with dbro and she was napping, and he wanted to take a nap, so I said I'd come today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:08 am

Last night got tags on the rest of the smaller rocks. I still need to tag bigger ones but I need to wait for better weather bc I am not hauling em back inside! We are suppose to get rain today. I am not putting em by the river.

I am SO glad I did a p.m. routine last night.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 am

I used to sometimes pull the car over and start reading if the activity in the back seats warranted. 

That is brilliant!! I can't wait to use it. >>>>grinning big<<<<<

My plans for today include -
** No Homeschool - I am claiming one of the 19 floating "free" days available that are in our homeschool schedule.
** Weekly declutter/deep cleaning - Bedrooms
** Steadfast = Track hydration, food, steps, and sleep
** Pack picnic bag
** 10:30 travel
** 11:30 DS8 appt with counselor
** 12:30 picnic at a kids play park
** Friday Finances -....my expectations are low but I want to at least make a good showing!!
** New bag for the church laptop should arrive today. After it arrives I'll fill it with laptop & accessories and take to the church. I was going to do this Wednesday night but get sidetracked with DS8 attitude consequences.

B: Egg & Vegetables (kids = cereal & banana)
L: Salad with 10 toppings, shredded chicken wraps (kids - pb&j)
D: Friday Fries & Hamburger
Prep Ahead: Chop 10 lbs of onions and freeze, finish chopping multi-colored bell peppers and get into freezer, ditto with mushrooms.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:48 am

Worked some more getting things out of my wardrobe today. 38 more bagged to go.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 am

Good morning- can't sign into xfinity on my computer ;) hav a wonderful day
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 am

Good morning! Spring has sprung and left. After a week of temperatures in the seventies, there is snow on the ground in Work City. To keep the new cat company, I worked in the sewing room. Two boxes are off the floor and put away. Some things from the table also. I found three nearly done projects that need only weaving in of yarn. They are on the LR sofa for completion (if I ever have time to relax on the LR sofa). I got yesterday's WTFs done and have made the list for today: 2 DPCs and send some pictures from my home email. My church group is eating Chinese today. If there is time afterward, I will let the new cat out supervised. Maybe work on those UFOs. This weekend, I would also like to determine when/if I am going to be doing anything requiring vacation days with DD15.

I thought I was the only person in the US who had her baby while asleep. Lucylee proves me wrong. I have a phobia of needles to the spine and refused consent. I have no regrets whatsoever.

I am almost done with my lunchtime book. I have determined why I don't like it. It is just like Married with Children set in the 1800s. Nasty, unpleasant people behaving badly toward one another and everyone else. A friend explained the appeal of MWC as "people you love to hate". I guess I don't love to hate people. I watched exactly one episode of MWC and I will read exactly one book from this author. It is part of the Gower Street Detective series by M.R.C. Kasasian if you want to avoid it, or, conversely, if you are a MWC fan.

I know why young women are going vintage. They hate the trampy carp marketed to their age group. My own DD15 wants to shop for clothes with her grandmothers. That is how bad the stuff for teens has gotten. I wish the x's great aunt Inez was still alive. VERY stylish, but always comfortable stuff. DD couldn't do better than copying her.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:52 am

Wow, 38 items out of your wardrobe? Way to go, Lynlee.

I've backslid on weight so my wearable wardrobe is shrinking. Pun not intended!

I'm up. I had a rough time getting to sleep due to high discomfort, bordering on pain, but once I was asleep, I did well. Got up at 4 but was back to bed for a good length of time after that and never felt my fitbit alarm.

I've had breakfast. Bedroom is tidied and I've worked on the vaporizers. The towel under the main one was soaked. I'm not sure if it is leaking or if it is overboiling. It has taken to making a big hum so I shut it off at 4 but the room was also well humidified at that point so lasted easily until morning. I have a second one which I've moved into position. This one is not as aggressive so may have trouble keeping the humidity up. On the other hand, warm weather is coming and we need it for only a few more weeks, I hope.

We are in the middle of a terrific snowstorm today. Unforecast. They called for flurries and then 2 cm over the day and we have 6 cm - over 2" - down already and no sign of it letting up. It is close to freezing though, so I opened both bedroom windows in an attempt to get the damper air into the room.

My next to-do is the sermon. I went over it while eating breakfast. All that is left is to come up with an opening and closing.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 am

Hi everyone!!

My kitchen is DONE!! ~ happy dancing here~

I have the music on really loud and I am clearing off the island and finally putting everything back on the other counters. Not everything is going back where it was. While I was doing that, I started clearing stuff off my desk and moving various things in here. All the measuring stuff is hanging on the end of the shelf that is right across from the doorway. Much closer to the actual kitchen.

On Tuesday dh and I were talking about meals for the rest of the week, so Wed., Thurs. and Friday were all pre-planned, which kind of made my job easier for those 3 nights. Tonight we are having beef ribs with fettucine alfredo as the side with peas or corn (my choice) to go along with that.

I would like to go for a swim sometime between now and 1. There is a yakker in the pool between 1 and 3 every day and I want to avoid her. She also gets in the way as she meanders all over the place as she walks/swims.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am

Dishes are washing themselves- roasted veggies for tonight's dinner- a load of laundry in washer and in dryer - dang it my towels I washed yesterday smell like grease a bit and have to rewash them
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”