Fabulous Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Fabulous Friday Conga

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:19 pm

Hard call for a Mom, Harriet.

I've been meaning to explain something for a couple of days now and keep forgetting. I had mentioned all the sheriff cars, fire trucks & ambulance the other night on our street a few houses down. At first I never did see anything when I went for my walk. Duh!!! A neighbor's house caught fire after they went to bed. Their fire alarms went off about 11:15 and he opened their bedroom door to flames down the hall. He & his wife got them & the dog(s) out, he in his skivvies. He tried to go back in and couldn't get in the door. They lost everything. He was showing dd and me pictures on his phone of their kitchen. G O R G E O U S! Neighbor across the street offered them one of his houses 2 away from us while they reconstruct their house. But a fire door did do its job. They had a large garage extension divided by that fire door. The garage which houses all his wood shop and handyman tools stayed intact. He used to be a wood shop teacher in NJ. We had imagined all kinds of scenarios before knowing what really happened.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:53 pm

totally understandable d harriet.
I used to struggle when parent made projects won awards with d older and then you learn not to worry as the d kids are tickled pink to just be there.
so happy for wonder boy (I love that name)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:54 pm

praying for your neighbour!!! d dee

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 pm

dinner dishes washing themselves
left dinner out for dd older - she had a junky day at work /but she will figure it out. people were just cranky

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Over 6" of snow so far and still it falls.

Tomorrow is supposed to be gorgeous but I don't believe it. There is no way that snow will melt before I go, so it is going to be a very long drive up and down for me. I'm very upset about this and it is affecting my productivity.

I got some emails sent. It is so frustrating that I have so much to do with this stupid rent control. That is adding to my stress.

I'm always scrambling and I hate this. The week started out well but I couldn't put multiple good days together so I'm ending the week behind and now have the weekend shot by the long drives up and back plus all the preaching.

I have a grand total of 2600 steps for the day. That would be 3 miles short of my goal for today. Not being able to go out for a walk is only part of it (I have a treadmill, after all.) The majority is that I spent hours and hours struggling over items that should have taken a fraction of the time they took. My brain just isn't functioning today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:36 pm

I don't blame your DD for being a little ticked off, Harriet. It is sooo frustrating when the authority figures don't follow their own rules!

So glad your neighbors weren't hurt, Dee, but that is so sad about their house.

Kathryn, IKWYM about not being able to put two productive days together. At least, I used to know what that meant. Lately, I don't remember ONE productive day. Sheesh. I guess some would say completing the laundry and ironing, plus delivering the baby gift, was fairly productive. I'm just overwhelmed by all that is NOT dons... and all that is ahead.

Dh is maybe breathing better but he is very nauseated. I am so afraid he's going to have to go in the hospital and -- besides the claustrophobia issues -- he is TERRIFIED of having a catheter. I don't know what I'm going to do with him. Just continue to pray, I guess.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Lucylee: check out my reply to you in J&C (still to be written but I'll do that next)

After I write that I'm off to bed.

I did some tidying and picked up another 1K steps so now I'm only down 6500 today. Sigh... I needed to do the tidying to tidy up my brain as well.

Dh reports the weather stats website says we have 8" of snow as 10. The storm seems to be passing. For most of the afternoon and evening I had no view, not even the bridge and island, but now can see some buildings downtown.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 pm

((Kathryn))
number one priority = safety of Kathryn.
Sorry you are mad at this day. Just be okay with tomorrow, though, and get from point a to point b safely. I hope somehow the weatherman's vision of the day will turn out to be closer to reality than you expect.

((Dee and neighbors, and neighborhood)) Thank goodness there was no one hurt. I'm sure the firemen had something to wrap the poor man in - I'm glad he couldn't get back in at all, so that there's just no question in his mind staying out was the only choice.

Thanks for thoughts toward dd37. She knows it sounds so picky, when her children did well, which is why she just tells me. So many kids who stuck tight to the rules have to see, on display, that the top two winners did not. Sigh. I imagine what happens is that the people who write the rubric/rules are different from the people who judge.

lucylee, I'm glad your dh has better breathing. Bless his heart.

Return to “Post When You Can”