Satisfying Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Satisfying Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Hold your ground, Lucylee.

LadyM: there's a great question to ask ds8, "Is your heart in the right place?"

My heart is, but my butt isn't!

I managed to get the three empty boxes down to the giveaway shelf. Tidied the bookshelf when I went to buy my drinks and then convinced the guy who had the elevator on service to give me a ride home (he's only moving from 3 and I'm 22 but with him having an elevator on service and 2 broken, and it being the last weekend of the month, it would have been a long wait for a lift.) Interestingly, the other working elevator stops at the 11 floor every time it goes by it. So, needless to say, elevators are slow today!

I've had my lunch and practiced all my duets with dh. We are singing in about 10 days. Country music was requested so we are learning a couple of new ones and adding a number we already did. I think it is a new group. Certainly, a new location. Don't get lunch with this one, it is a breakfast program instead.

I'm packed now so at my computer to shut it down and then head on my way. Need to download two of the new songs since I don't have them down pat yet.

See you all when I get up the valley. The sun has come out so I'll be driving into that but at least the weather is fine and apparently the roads are good.

Dh picked up the rental car while out with NFD for their walk. Turns out they were out of cars (I had selected the smallest one) so dh has a full size pickup with crew cab! Which means we can't put it in the garage. He complained and they are throwing in the gas if he drives under 120 km. Which he will (to church and back is only 75.)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:13 pm

FINALLY -- dh says he's ready to go to ER -- on our way asap -- please pray for good results

his weight is up 16 pounds overnight!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Agreed, hold your ground, Lucylee.

-straighten MBR
-clear kitchen table set, also centerpiece
-clear breakfast bar (dd's things mostly)
-set out board for cheese and munchies
-kitchen counter clean up (mostly dd again)

I didn't get this posted earlier. MBR is straightened, breakfast bar cleared, table set with centerpiece.

-board for cheese crackers and munchies
-then put out cheese crackers etc.
-finish kitchen counter clean up
-wash potatoes for roasting
-put together salad but don't toss
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

cats

Postby cats » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:59 pm

thank goodness Lucylee your husband said lets goo to ER, praying for both o fyou good luck

cats

Postby cats » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:01 pm

and stand your ground with ddil she really needs a good babysitter and save you for special occasions, especially wiith your husband not feeling very good at this time

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:12 pm

his weight is up 16 pounds overnight!
:o :shock: So glad he's "ready" to go to ER, LucyLee -sure you're gone by now. From experience (dh's) I know this is not good and it's exactly where he needs to go. Prayers for smooth sailing there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Lucylee: Glad he's gone. Make a point to check out the cute doctors while you are there.

I'm safely settled in my hotel room. Debating going off for a walk. The weather is nice, the sun is still up. At least I could walk the block to the store to get milk since I have a hankering for some.

I needed to gas up when I arrived (had only 30 miles left in the tank) and ate at the highway stop restaurant since I was in the mood for table service tonight and it was handy and good diner food.

I have 3+ hours until bed and a long list of things to do.

edited to add Lucylee's name. Otherwise my first line of this post makes no sense at all. But it gives you insight into how the posts just play as a give & take ongoing conversation inside my head!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:17 pm

I have the rest of the trench dug out arount the shrub yea! Dryer has the last load of laundry in it. Spiffed up the main batroom. Deciding how & what to paint on the next two rocks. The dry really well on top of the dryer when it is going.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Paid bills. Worked on learning the 2 new songs.

Need to do some work on the service next. Just highlighting parts for the dramatic reading.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:35 pm

Saturday
Not much happened here
I did not get myself to the 90th birthday party I could have gone to.

Sunday
I needed the radio on to sleep last night.
A sunny day at last.(there is our first tropical cyclone bearing down towards the north.) Put a load of sheets on before church.
church - I've now got my name in 'the book', so it would seem like this is really 'it' in officially standing up for membership this Easter, as opposed to just claiming membership which I've done for the last 20 years.
Talked to a heap on people after service - one on one.

Bought groceries on the way home. It would seem Saturday remains my Sabbath Day.

Groceries away. Late breakfast eaten. Washing onto the line, and another lot in wm now. cuop.
Looking at the clock - they are likely ready for the line now too.
brb
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”