Satisfying Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Satisfying Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:19 am

Do something satisfying today.

Whether it is visiting the colourist, giving yourself a manicure, finally getting through Mt. Washmore or going for a walk in the spring sunshine while everything else waits to be done, do something that satisfies you today.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Satisfying Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:26 am

I finished scanning the contents of the first archive box. So that is done and it is moved to the pile of 'ready to shred' items. I also figured out why the box I was tossing the scanned items in was filling up faster than the box I was taking them from was emptying. They were on end in the to-be-done box and I was laying them flat in the shred box. So, once the first box was finished, I stacked them back into it in the correct orientation and sure enough, the overfill box when I started now had room. It should, I took out a binder and many file folders.

I'm going to shred instead of recycle the file folders. It takes too long to take them out and I don't need any more, I have about 50 on hand. In theory, if I'm scanning most documents going into the future, that should be more than enough.

I have 3 more archive boxes to scan and have moved the next one to beside my desk in the living room. I need to come up with a better method of doing this, as my back hurts from leaning over. On Monday I'll set up a card table so I can work without bending.

I've also prepped my breakfast for tomorrow morning and had my breakfast for today. Time to get in the shower. I'd like to take the time to colour my hair but haven't quite decided if I will.

It is starting to be lovely and sunny out but the view is still pretty monochromatic. I took pictures this morning because there was such an absence of colour in the view, it was all grey scale. Dh got up an hour later, after the sun had come up and he went and took pictures too! So obviously, it wasn't just me that had that thought.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:38 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Just popping in to say hi since I've been MIA for awhile. I can see on the index that I have unread PWYC threads for this entire month :( , but I've tried to stop by J&C at least once a week and always keep y'all in mind to hope everyone is ok.

I've had a couple bad months in a row as far as pressure and stress about trouble at work and a rather serious problem with our property, which I'll explain when I have a bit more time. It isn't that dire, only people who can't mind their own business have blown the whole situations way out of proportion. DH and I think we have finally figured out a temporary solution to hold us over while the folks at City Hall keep going around in circles with their meetings.

Yesterday I had a really good day, met my DF Z for lunch and went shopping for birthday gifts. Today will be good, too, as I'm meeting DMom and younger DSis to have lunch with oldest DSis in her nursing home.

I have an hour drive ahead of me and a few stops along the way so I'd best get myself s2s. I'll try to BBL tonight.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:11 am

Good to see you Booksaver! I've been to the library a lot this month and have thought of you every time! Sorry you are facing property challenges. I'm on the flip side of the coin - got rid of the property but now face unrelenting rent increases!

Still sitting at the computer. MUST MOVE NOW!

Edited to add (since no-one else has posted) - I've s2s, made the bed, put out my clothes to pack and started a load of laundry.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Painted 4 rocks while I was waiting for them to dry vacuumed mmed living room under the couch deep cleaning. Then swept dining room & shook out the throw rugs swept the kitchen. As my reward I loaded up the rocks to hide and dashed over to the grange hall a mile from us and hid them there. Yea! Did get caught doing that now I can get on with the rest of my day. Glad to get it cleaned up a bit here oh yes doing hapoy dance. It does feel satisfying!
The dishes are going now. I will consider duds later.

H. Is not going to town today. Not sure I am either, I'm heading out to dig on the stump in a bit. Two rounds done on that.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:29 pm

I had an early start to the day and didn't stop for a break until now (after eating lunch).

Last night was the 4th evening in a row that DS8 reaped the consequences of his bad attitude choices. Really. Again. I am so very ready for this phase to be over. This morning started with the same bad attitude. DS8 spent an hour in his bedroom then started his day again. I am very pleased that he is now motivated to make better choices and is truly trying. I am totally okay with making mistakes as long as the heart is in the right place.

This morning I spent several hours in the kitchen processing the vegetables from the restocking shopping time. The freezer supply of chopped onions, mushrooms, celery, and bell peppers are now replenished. I also cooked a double batch of cauliflower rice, sloppy joes for lunch and restocked the hard boiled egg container.

It is another beautiful sunshiney day. It is a little cooler today than it has been (in the mid-60's F) but totally comfortable. The kids are enjoying playing outside.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:35 pm

It seems a good time for me to stop the genealogy research for now. I went down a dead end and need to regroup.

Dh has gone to work out, dd went to services at temple this morning. I need to get rolling, we are having company for dinner tonight. I think dh is picking up steak to grill and then slice. He requested roasted potatoes and I'll make a salad. I need to figure out dessert, too. (Might just do a strawberry something or other?) Ah, dfriend just texted asking again what she could bring - asked if dessert was a possibility, or a salad....

Right now:
-s2s
-make bed
-grocery list (finalize menu!)
-head to grocery store!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

HRH and I walked over to "hide" Hot Wheels for ds' children in the mailbox but got caught, lol, which was nice. Seeing how much work ds needs to do, I'm going back over to stay with the children a while. He needs to get the yard ready for BabyC's party tomorrow.

Hiya, BookSaver!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Can y'all believe this... ddil is aggravated at me bc I told her it wasn't a good time for me to keep dgd -- while she takes dgs to the walk-in clinic...

Dh is still just pacing the floor.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:19 pm

Had a Memorial Service to attend at church this morning. We were to stay for a luncheon there but decided to head on home. The menu would not have been good for me at best and I was already getting tired. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home & that did it for me. We had (really good) peanut butter and jam sandwiches on toasted sourdough bread. Tasted really good to me.

Dh and dsonil are packing the truck for dh. I'm going to go take a 'rest'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”