Sharing Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Sharing Sunday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 am

Share your thoughts, accomplishments, and challenges
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sharing Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:47 am

I'm up. A little late, but up and don't have to wait for someone else so can move fast now.

Just have makeup to put on and few more things to pack and then I'll be ready for breakfast when it opens at 8. I need to be out of here by 8:45.

Still have to go over the sermon, come to think of it, so will take that to breakfast.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 am

Thinking of Ken's adventures with driving a large crew cab pickup after being used to driving small vehicles. I drove a Honda Civic (very small) for years and still struggle with driving a Suburban (very large). DH has always driven big vehicles and doesn't think twice about taking them into tight spaces. I tend to select open parking areas with no one around me. In the past year, I have backed into two items and put 2 large dents into the vehicle. The struggle is real......

I have two head of long hair to wash this morning. Ideally, I would have washed both of them last night. Ideally, a 62-year-old wouldn't be raising 2 young children. I don't live in an ideal world. REminding myself to count my many blessings and do the best I can with what I have.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:26 am

I'm up, s2s, bed stripped & sheets in the washer. Just preparing to take my meds and get breakfast. Dh and I are going to church but dd is staying home. Mainly because she has to give the guy(s) who are here putting in a new leach field, a few K check. Not what they really wanted to do with their money but a necessary evil. Meantime I've been instructed not to use our bathroom.

First had to check on Mr. LL to see how he's coming along. Will be praying for them.

Have to get breakfast. BBL
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:32 am

thank you d lady for starting us

good morning to all

hi d lady, d kathryn and d dee and d lynn as well :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:33 am

Dh and I had a lovely lovely time with family yesterday (dh's family by birth) and then dd older, younger and d mom had a lovely dinner together. Very nice.

dd younger doesn't want anything from d mils house but I took a couple things for her when she is ready... put it away
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:34 am

hugs and prayers to all our villagers.

tmeds
dressed - wore the newfound black skirt this morning. Its been hiding a long time.
church and talk with others. A real 'talk' with a woman who had been in that church 60 yrs. Suddenly - I am a connection for her. I must remember to speak to her each week.
groceries.
breakfast
2 LOL - they are in
3 meals - just finished the last one.
missed the nap I planned
group mtg, followed by another mtg.
late comers were a challenge, and somehow I had one to deal with one in need after the mtg,
then another had a deep and meaningful talk w me also.
Who are we to know what G*d will ask us to do in any day? Or to know if we can be helpful?
G*d seems to have been around a lot today.
msg from dd
sent her a text.
made late supper. diced froz. veg, rice, w kangaroo mince mixed in. cumin and gf soy sauce for flavour. Corn flour to thicken.

dishes lay in wait.
I think I need bath and teeth and bed.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:38 am

that's lovely that you and this woman talk...well done d lynn ... such a good heart you have and I think of what you both will gain by this friendship

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 am

time to start my day. Up since 6 and I thoroughly enjoyed every lazy moment this morning.

today:
paperwork day
which includes checking
insurance
paper filing
paper tossing (I like to do the crosswords in the paper but I have 8 saved... toss all but two)
my gentle wash
photo work scanning and send photos to be printed

have a really lovely day :D :D :D

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 am

and I thoroughly enjoyed every lazy moment this morning.
That sounds absolutely relaxing, Blessedw2. Think I'll try that -tomorrow.

Oh JOY! :o :shock: (NOT) The back hoe hit the electric line going from the house to the shop. Going to require quite a bit of fixing by the sounds of it. At least we have a resident electrician (dh). :roll: Dsonil is not a happy camper right now. He had warned them to be careful because that line runs close (obviously) to where they're digging.

Not sure at this point if dh is going to church or not -he may be needed here more at this point. We'll see. He really needs to go as they're dedicating the rolled bandages we do and he's taking north to New Windsor, MD for shipment to the congo. Our sheet supplier has gone away -we were ready to pick up 'throw away' sheets from S uper 8 in another town. They called back to say yes, the sheets were there BUT they had a new owner and he also owns a M otel 6 and ordered all the cast off sheets to go that motel. What does that tell you? So, we're trying to find new supplies. This group of women sent almost 400# of bandages last year, but not nearly as many this year. By dh taking them, it saves lots of postage.

Dh just came in and said he is going to church -has to. He had requested that the women's group NOT give him any money this year. So instead they are supplying him with licorice which he had requested. :lol: Sure they'll present him with that this morning in church as well.

Need to get check written for church and get out the checkbook dh needs to take back with him while I'm thinking about it.

Trying to find dh's compression stockings. I KNOW he wore them down -at least I think he did -maybe not. I know how to find them for sure! I'll simply buy him a new pair Monday when we go to W almart.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”